PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank god for Kevin Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few reasons. The first is that the Pats haven't used him enough in the passing game. So when teams see him on the field, they assume the run first. Second, look at the plays that they are calling for him in comparison to the plays they are using Faulk on. The holes really haven't been there. The cutbacks have been and more than a few times, I wish Maroney would break it outside. But MOST of that is experience and learning patience. Something that people don't realize.

Never said that the Pats got him to be a 3rd down back. But people need to understand how young this kid is and that he's still learning. The Minnesota Gophers offense didn't utilize their RBs in the passing game. So that's an aspect that Maroney needs to improve on. And he IS doing it.

Running it up the gut is not running stretch plays. Now, I agree, some of the stretch plays, he didn't get there, but that happens to EVERY RB.

There were several runs where the O-line blew it and the defense was in the backfield.

Well, at the risk of you saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, I disagree.

First,
Faulk is running the same plays. I can tell by the blocking up front. If you are familiar with zone blocking, you can tell what's happening by the way that the line handles their blocks. Faulk was finding the lane on the inside zone right where you would expect it to be. Maroney wasn't

Second, they weren't "running it up the gut". Those plays where it looked like the linemen were bunched up on the left side was exactly what you expect to see with an inside stretch for the "on" blocking. There were more than a couple of times the first level opened up.

Third, the average lifespan of the NFL back is 4 years. He's in his second year and isn't picking it up. He came from a school that ran a very similar scheme to what you saw from the Pats last night.

IMHO, the game's not slowing down for him. Now, I'm hoping that I'm wrong but even some ex Pros are questioning his ability to run at this level.

I love how Maroney can get 123 total yards (READ: one third of all total offense) against one of the best defenses in the league and STILL suck. :rolleyes:
Only in New England...:D

Last edited:
I love Kevin Faulk, but my lord...

Danny88, you're pathetic. Just do us a favor, and STFU already. While you're at it, take NSA with you.

I love Kevin Faulk, but my lord...

Danny88, you're pathetic. Just do us a favor, and STFU already. While you're at it, take NSA with you.

No.... Get used to it pal , I aint going anywhere. The funny part is you insult me and I just continue to follow the rules and post what I want to. I dont need to call people names.

Maroney is a average back not worth his draft position.

:cool:

Last edited:
And, again, can SOMEBODY please explain to me why Heath friggen Evans is the BEST option on a 4th and 1 with the GAME on the LINE? Honestly, name me one other playoff team in this league that does NOT have a better option on a 4th and 1 with the GAME on the LINE than Heath Evans? That, my friends, is all you need to know about Laurence Maroney's talent.

Only Danny and NSA continue to post how much Maroney sucks in light of a good offensive showing.
Only 123 yards (1/3 of total Pats offense).
If only he could have a good game. /sarcasm/
It's a good thing these two aren't Steeler fans, they would have been calling for Willie Parker's head after his game against Baltimore.

Last edited:
Only Danny and NSA continue to post how much Maroney sucks in light of a good offensive showing.
Only 123 yards (1/3 of total Pats offense).
If only he could have a good game. /sarcasm/
It's a good thing these two aren't Steeler fans, they would have been calling for Willie Parker's head after his game against Baltimore.

I'm talking about his running skills. I want a back that makes people miss. That makes something out of nothing. That can jam it up in there and get the tough yard on a 4th and 1. Maroney is not that guy. And, most of all, I want a feature back that is a BETTER OPTION that Heath friggen Evans with the GAME ON THE LINE!!

I'm talking about his running skills. I want a back that makes people miss. That makes something out of nothing. That can jam it up in there and get the tough yard on a 4th and 1. Maroney is not that guy. And, most of all, I want a feature back that is a BETTER OPTION that Heath friggen Evans with the GAME ON THE LINE!!

Like I said.
Only NSA and Danny whine.
Why couldn't Willie Parker do more. Isn't HE better than LoMo?
Surely he should have been able to gain more yards on the ground with the Steelers bruising power running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News