PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank god for Kevin Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a largely unmentioned HORRIBLE play. I LOVE Faulk, but that almost cost us the game. Very unlike him.
I didn't get that, either, but I never thought the Pats wouldn't get the one yard for the conversion, did you?

How many fourth down conversions did the Pats make? It was unbelievable how cool Brady was down the stretch considering the chaos that was going on all around him.

Maroney is overrated and under performing :( Give me Kevin Faulk.

We have no power running game. None.

Last edited:
Maroney is overrated and under performing :( Give me Kevin Faulk.

We have no power running game. None.

See, here is the problem. Maroney was never drafted to provide a POWER RUNNING GAME. That's what you clearly don't understand.

And thank you for showing everyone that you don't understand.

See, here is the problem. Maroney was never drafted to provide a POWER RUNNING GAME. That's what you clearly don't understand.

No, Maroney was drafted to be a DIFFERENCE MAKER in the running game. Clearly he is not. Did you see McGahee(not a power runner) making something out of nothing numerous times last night? Plenty of times the hole was clogged and he found a way to break lose. Maroney NEVER does that.

Maroney was supposed to be the guy. The guy gets the tough yards. maroney is 225 lbs right?

Maroney was a waste of a first round draft choice. We can get maroney like numbers from a former back up and a third down back that is getting long in the tooth.

A first rounder for Maroney? Please.

I wish maroney would sidestep at least a bit to open up some coverage, play after play he simply ran into the pile.

Gettting back to the poster's initial message, I agree, Kevin played well last night (he did run OOB and had a drop, but if someone like Moss is having trouble with that wind I am willing to give #33 a free pass, albeit 'cause we won...:) )

I want to to see LoMo do well, I really really do. I just don't understand why he continues to try and be a pounder, he needs to encorporate a little side action, like Addai.

Sorry, my 2 cents...

No, Maroney was drafted to be a DIFFERENCE MAKER in the running game. Clearly he is not. Did you see McGahee(not a power runner) making something out of nothing numerous times last night? Plenty of times the hole was clogged and he found a way to break lose. Maroney NEVER does that.

But wait maroney is 225 lbs! He is a beast!

I wish maroney would sidestep at least a bit to open up some coverage, play after play he simply ran into the pile.

Gettting back to the poster's initial message, I agree, Kevin played well last night (he did run OOB and had a drop, but if someone like Moss is having trouble with that wind I am willing to give #33 a free pass, albeit 'cause we won...:) )

I want to to see LoMo do well, I really really do. I just don't understand why he continues to try and be a pounder, he needs to encorporate a little side action, like Addai.

Sorry, my 2 cents...

Good post.

*ROFLMAO* Thank you for proving how stupid you are. McGahee is, most certainly, a power runner.

BTW, you clearly didn't watch the game because that wasn't the case at all..

But, I've come to expect that from you and your lover, Danny88.

OH, btw, Maroney was drafted to be a difference maker. The kid is 23 and still learning.

OH, and Maroney DID do that several times last night. Nice of you to actually watch the game. Please try it sometime. You'd actually learn something.

But wait maroney is 225 lbs! He is a beast!

I know. He looks like he is a WORKHORSE, yet he is NOT a power runner? He sure as hell ain't a home run runner. If he can't juke like the McGahee's and Westbrook's of the world and he can't get the tough yards like the LJ's and Corey Dillon's of the world, than what the hell is he good for? For cris sakes, why can't we just all admit this guy is best suited to be the #2 back in a 1-2 system. He is not a feature back and we could have gotten the same production from a 3rd or 4th round pick. End of story.

Last edited:

I understand what they were doing pretty well and they were running inside stretch plays. If he's a cutback runner, why isn't he running well? If you want to get technical about the blocking, let's get specific about the type of blocking that they were executing on most of those plays

I doubt the Pats got him to be a 3rd down back. We have a pretty good one. Maroney has only shown that he's good in space.

He might not have been drafted for a power running game but that's not what they were executing last night. They were running stretch plays designed for cutback runners.

Maroney was supposed to be the guy. The guy gets the tough yards. maroney is 225 lbs right?

Maroney was a waste of a first round draft choice. We can get maroney like numbers from a former back up and a third down back that is getting long in the tooth.

A first rounder for Maroney? Please.

Yeah, we should listen to idiots like YOU and NSA. Two putzes who've shown they don't know a damn thing about the game.

I'll take BB and his 3 SBs, 7 winning season and amazing play-off record with the Pats over you two any day and 100000000000 times on Sunday.

Yeah, we should listen to idiots like YOU and NSA. Two putzes who've shown they don't know a damn thing about the game.

I'll take BB and his 3 SBs, 7 winning season and amazing play-off record with the Pats over you two any day and 100000000000 times on Sunday.

So were guys like me wrong to say the WR corps sucked last year BEFORE we blew the AFC title game because of Caldwell's drops and our inability to pick up a 1st down on that crucial 3rd down? Were we suppossed to drink the kool aid and not question what the hell BB and Pioli were thinking by entering the season with Caldwell and Gabriel? Our points on Maroney are valid. What other team in the ENTIRE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE would be giving the ball to Heath friggen Evans on a 4th and 1 with the GAME ON THE LINE????????????????????????? Heath Evans people. We drafted LoMo #1 so we could give the rock to Heath Evans with the GAME ON THE LINE???????? Get serious will ya please.:rolleyes:

Ok Da Bruinz.... We will see who is right at the end of the season. So far NSA and I have been right. Maroney has done nothing this year.

First round pick? Haha please.

I understand what they were doing pretty well and they were running inside stretch plays. If he's a cutback runner, why isn't he running well? If you want to get technical about the blocking, let's get specific about the type of blocking that they were executing on most of those plays

There are a few reasons. The first is that the Pats haven't used him enough in the passing game. So when teams see him on the field, they assume the run first. Second, look at the plays that they are calling for him in comparison to the plays they are using Faulk on. The holes really haven't been there. The cutbacks have been and more than a few times, I wish Maroney would break it outside. But MOST of that is experience and learning patience. Something that people don't realize.

I doubt the Pats got him to be a 3rd down back. We have a pretty good one. Maroney has only shown that he's good in space.

Never said that the Pats got him to be a 3rd down back. But people need to understand how young this kid is and that he's still learning. The Minnesota Gophers offense didn't utilize their RBs in the passing game. So that's an aspect that Maroney needs to improve on. And he IS doing it.

He might not have been drafted for a power running game but that's not what they were executing last night. They were running stretch plays designed for cutback runners.

Running it up the gut is not running stretch plays. Now, I agree, some of the stretch plays, he didn't get there, but that happens to EVERY RB.

There were several runs where the O-line blew it and the defense was in the backfield.

Ok Da Bruinz.... We will see who is right at the end of the season. So far NSA and I have been right. Maroney has done nothing this year.

First round pick? Haha please.

*ROFLMAO* You are so delusional. You haven't been right. But, insane morons often believe that.

*ROFLMAO* You are so delusional. You haven't been right. But, insane morons often believe that.

When its noswing and Maroney is getting tackled for a lose every run you will tell us how the other team is getting luck because of the snow.

Just like you told us Feeley and Boller where getting lucky, and the d 's lack of pressure and tackling was not the issue.

Willis tore us up last night. Thats how Maroney should run.

Last edited:
So were guys like me wrong to say the WR corps sucked last year BEFORE we blew the AFC title game because of Caldwell's drops and our inability to pick up a 1st down on that crucial 3rd down? Were we suppossed to drink the kool aid and not question what the hell BB and Pioli were thinking by entering the season with Caldwell and Gabriel? Our points on Maroney are valid. What other team in the ENTIRE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE would be giving the ball to Heath friggen Evans on a 4th and 1 with the GAME ON THE LINE????????????????????????? Heath Evans people. We drafted LoMo #1 so we could give the rock to Heath Evans with the GAME ON THE LINE???????? Get serious will ya please.:rolleyes:

Heath Evans is more of a power back than Maroney. And Evans is an experienced RB.

As for entering last year with Caldwell and Gabriel, its amazing how you skew history. You seem to forget that BRANCH made the decision to screw the Patriots. But, don't let the truth slow you down. You've been so good at making up SH!T so far.

When its noswing and Maroney is getting tackled for a lose every run you will tell us how the other team is getting luck because of the snow.

Just like you told us Feeley and Boller where getting lucky, and the d 's lack of pressure and tackling was not the issue.

Willis tore us up last night. Thats how Maroney should run.

Willis tore them up because the D-line was being held and tackled all night long moron.

Maroney wasn't doing a good job because the O-line wasn't opening holes worth a damn on the plays that they called for him. God forbid you realize that the defense they were facing IS the BEST in the league. And that the

But god forbid you learn the game and know WTF you are talking about. And god forbid you give credit to the opposing team for ANYTHING.

BTW, they D-line was getting pressure on the QBs. The problem is that they weren't doing MORE than that and the rest of the defense wasn't doing well to stop the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back