Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want this joke. But, the only reason I'd want him is to give teams headaches. You have enough to worry about when preparing for Brady and his weapons. Then you would have to at least go over how to defend Tebow during your game prep.

Last edited by a moderator:
No they would not. There's a pretty big difference between Tom Brady and Kyle ****ing Orton. Orton was a bum and Denver never won with him. The fans were right to call for Tebow. It turned out pretty good for Denver, in the end.

I can't imagine Brady ever being so bad that Patriot fans give up on him. It's a ridiculous notion. Everyone knows Brady's the only reason we ever win anything in the first place

Tebow is as much of a role model as you could hope for. He lives and breathes the "Patriot Way", and he's not even a Patriot. He would have absolutely no problem fitting in, so don't go that route

I'm guessing you're not from the South, where Tebow enjoys some sort of odd, irrational cult following that projects deistic qualities to him. Believe me--those of you who think he'd sit quietly on the bench with no fan controversy swirling around him--you've never seen the likes of this. It overtakes a team. Even if you consider yourself a team that doesn't pay attention to the media, like we do, the type of storm Tebow brings with him is inescapable, and it engulfs a locker room's attention. Read some archives on the Broncos message board. The true Denver fanbase was mowed over by Florida fans. It's incredible. I don't want any part of that here.

Has anyone considered the thought that if Tebow were to be traded to New England that the writing is on the wall that Josh McDaniels is a major influence in what would be the second player coming here that has a McDaniels connection because Josh McDaniels is going to be the next head coach and he's already setting up his guys here?
Think about it. Brady and Belichick retire in 3 years and presto...McDaniels is coach and the guy he used a 1st rd pick on is now ready to step in and start.
I think you can actually bank on this happening because usually where there's smoke there's fire.

Stop the insanity, Mallett >>>> Tebow throwing the ball. IF his contract could be redone he would make a good running back/h back. He will NEVER be a QB for this franchise.

Last edited:
^ I really couldn't care less about fake Patriot fans or message board posts. Spygate couldn't take us down. Tebow won't either!

Last edited:
The only circus would be a media created one and BB doesn't give a monkey's about them. As for people calling for Brady to be replaced after one failed pass as someone said. What a load of crock! I haven't seen a single argument here arguing for Tebow to come here as a QB. It's his role as a creative H-back type that interests some. And I suspect that Tebow would be a model citizen in the dressing room - undermining Brady's status as leader? Quite the opposite I suspect.

I seriously doubt that Brady would not be bothered by the influx of Tebow fans calling for him, and the OC bringing in his own pet. Brady's only human. This is HIS team. There's only room for one alpha QB on a team.

So......... People on this board think the Pats will pay over 4 million guaranteed to a 4th QB... no wait a fullback..... no wait a fourth TE....... no wait lets try him at RB.... how about LB.

Or maybe he's just not good enough at any of those positions and the Pats are way too smart to guarantee $4 million to find that out.

Honestly I'm not sure what his current guarantees are - but according to this its not $4 million, nor have I seen anyone advocate giving him a raise

Tebow's contract trade favorable: $1,572,500 this year $490K guar); $5.48 million in 2013 ($232,500 gua); $7.145 mil in 2014 (No guarantee)

Many do correctly note that when he's on the field, multiple defenders need to account for his presence, and even when they do, he's very very difficult to stop as a FB/RB

If someone can explain to me why that would be a bad thing at the right price I'm all ears. With a coach like Belichick who looks beyond position labels and takes pride in using players' talents in multiple roles (see Troy Brown, Julian Edelman, Mike Vrabel and others) I could see an affordable Tebow being a significant asset.

The main sticking point isn't about his price tag or skills as an athlete - it's the fact that Tebow himself wants to be a QB - and no one here is advocating that he be used in that role for the Patriots.

Honestly I'm not sure what his current guarantees are - but according to this its not $4 million, nor have I seen anyone advocate giving him a raise

Many do correctly note that when he's on the field, multiple defenders need to account for his presence, and even when they do, he's very very difficult to stop as a FB/RB

If someone can explain to me why that would be a bad thing at the right price I'm all ears. With a coach like Belichick who looks beyond position labels and takes pride in using players' talents in multiple roles (see Troy Brown, Julian Edelman, Mike Vrabel and others) I could see an affordable Tebow being a significant asset.

The main sticking point isn't about his price tag or skills as an athlete - it's the fact that Tebow himself wants to be a QB - and no one here is advocating that he be used in that role for the Patriots.

Perfectly said. well done.

Brady seems to like and respect Tebow... ok, except on gameday. I'm sure he wouldn't mind teaching Tebow the ins and outs of REAL QB play in the NFL and I'm sure McDaniels wouldn't mind Tebow playing backup or ending up with Tebow as a starter after the Brady/Belichick is era is done(I like to believe that Brady and Belichick will retire together in 2016, holding their 5th or 6th Lombardi trophy.)

and it appears, Brady wouldn't care about fans chanting Tebow. He's already bashed Patriots fans for leaving games early and not being loud enough. I'm sure he'll have something else to say with the Tebow love-fest takes place. He'll probably be telling those new legion of fans to take their ashes back to Florida.

But fame-hungry Tebow, after being a starter, ain't gonna wanna sit and play back up. Even Matt Flynn didn't wanna play backup anymore.

What bothers me is why the media is eager to place Tebow in NE and why it makes so much sense to them? He can stay in Denver and be on the field at the same time as Manning, cause Manning's gonna definitely need to distract D#s from taking out his neck. Manning is a question-mark at the moment, who knows if he'll even finish out the season, Tebow could definitely stay in place to back him up. Manning can also mentor Tebow, just as well as Brady. So why does it have to be Brady, why is everyone so quick to throw Brady out of the NFL. jeez.

He had some success scrambling on misdirection and broken plays as a QB, that does not equal success as a RB/FB, positions he hasn't played.

Troy Brown, Mike Vrabel and Julian Edelman were not traded for only to use them at another position. Whether it was Defensive back or Tight End, those were secondary roles that those players were willing to accept, something that you claim Tebow would not do. That in and of itself should end the argument. There are dozens of RB's, FB's and TE's better suited to those other positions than Tebow who are looking for work.

I am betting miami or jacksonville take him just to get the ticket sales and after the 2 years left on his contract he'll be a free agent and get no offer unless he changes postion

I just don't see him winding up here. No picks after Rd. 4, not cost effective and he'll never clear 30 teams thru waivers. Don't get me wrong it sounds like good theater, but I'm sceptible about the possibility.

Excellent post. If you ask him to play NT he will. Kid's a football player.
I pray wherever he goes, he makes people say they were wrong about him. I wish him success. I would not mind at all if he were here. I want to jam his name down Joey Porter's and Meril Hodges throat.
DW Toys

He had some success scrambling on misdirection and broken plays as a QB, that does not equal success as a RB/FB, positions he hasn't played.

Troy Brown, Mike Vrabel and Julian Edelman were not traded for only to use them at another position. Whether it was Defensive back or Tight End, those were secondary roles that those players were willing to accept, something that you claim Tebow would not do. That in and of itself should end the argument. There are dozens of RB's, FB's and TE's better suited to those other positions than Tebow who are looking for work.

I think your first point is quite valid... that yes, his success as a scrambler is due in part to the question of whether he's going to throw it or not.

But I don't think anyone argues that once he was past the line of scrimmage and obviously not going to throw it, his athleticism and sheer size made him very difficult to stop.

You can't compare this guy to any RB out there - or any player out there period.

There's a half dozen reasons why this isn't going to happen, I understand - but the fact that a great many fans lack the imagination to think of how he might be employed to drive defenses crazy doesn't dampen my spirit to think of all the cool ways Belichick could use his imagination to use Tebow's size, speed and athleticism to drive defenses crazy (and quite possibly, opposing offenses as well).

I think both he and McDaniels absolutely LOVE that aspect of the game and are happy to do so, just as they did by using Hernandez as a RB, Vrabel as a TE etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Tebow had the worst center in the league in front of him, and very young receivers to throw to. No wonder he struggled.

Team Needs 2012...Denver Broncos | ProFootballFocus.com
J.D. Walton is the worst center in football. Bad as a rookie (-16.3), Walton was literally twice as bad in his sophomore season (-32.9), casting him adrift at the bottom of our center rankings by a distance. Walton surrendered four sacks on the year and his 23 total pressures allowed tied him for the second-worst mark in the league for centers–a particularly bad note for a player in the middle of the line that often gets help. One of the reasons the Broncos found everything an uphill battle on offense was the play of the interior, which was at its worst in the very middle in the shape of Walton.

Last edited:
Tebow had the worst center in the league in front of him, and very young receivers to throw to. No wonder he struggled. Team Needs 2012...Denver Broncos | ProFootballFocus.com J.D. Walton is the worst center in football. Bad as a rookie (-16.3), Walton was literally twice as bad in his sophomore season (-32.9), casting him adrift at the bottom of our center rankings by a distance. Walton surrendered four sacks on the year and his 23 total pressures allowed tied him for the second-worst mark in the league for centers–a particularly bad note for a player in the middle of the line that often gets help. One of the reasons the Broncos found everything an uphill battle on offense was the play of the interior, which was at its worst in the very middle in the shape of Walton.

He cant throw the damn ball, that's why he struggled. He'll never last in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe it was because my 4 year old niece can throw a football better...

You and your niece and your entire family put together could not even dream of leading an NFL team to a playoff game win. Nevermind winning a playoff game against the #1 defence, playing behind the worst center in NFL, and having only young and inexperienced WRs to throw to.

Belichik would never trade Mallett for Tebow. Won't happen.

He cant throw the damn ball, that's why he struggled. He'll never last in the NFL.

You dont know what you are talking about. Tebow, esentially in his 1st season as a starter, threw for 316 yards in a playoff win against the #1 passing defence.
LOL @" he cant throw the damn ball".

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back