PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure may bronco fans have sent these stats to Elway and the front office.

Here's some more fun stuff for you....

Tebow's comp% as starter - 49% (132 for 269)

Elway's first 11 starts (1983): 5-6, 165 YPG (pass + rush), 9 TDs, 48% compl (131 for 272)

It's no coincidence the Broncos' current win streak has involved so many 4th qtr. heroics.

While they've relied less on the zone-read in the last two games, it's still a significant wrinkle. Defending it requires disciplined play. But after getting pounded by the rushing attack for 3+ qtrs, most defenses are gassed and that's when gap discipline breaks down.

We see it every week. The Jets couldn't maintain discipline on the last drive, neither could the Bears on the TD drive (up by 10 with 2:08 remaining).

The Pats present by far the most challenging offense the Broncos will face this year, keeping them in the 17-23 pt range will be a huge test.

But if the Pats aren't up by 2 scores, they'll be in real trouble in the 4th qtr.

What you have seen every week are new and inventive ways of losing a game:

Dolphins
Up 15 with 5:50 left and the ball. 3 straight dive plays that burn timeouts but only 24 seconds. Punt, TD, onside kick, TD, game.

Lesson: Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? If so I can't imagine why? We've all got time enough to cry.

Raiders
Up 24-17 and finished the game INT/Punt/Punt/Punt/INT.

Lesson: There is a reason why Carson Palmer isn't the QB in Cincinnati.

Jets
Fumbled kickoff and pick 6 in the 2nd half. Inexplicably didn't account for Tebow running (57 of 95 yards) on the final drive.

Lesson: Running around without a plan is only a winning strategy in buffet lines.

Chargers
In FG range in OT, Tolbert has negative yards on run and results in missed FG/good field position for Broncos.

Lesson: <Shakes head unable to verbalize level of stupidity>

Vikings
Ponder almost throws for 400 yards but gives up pick in own end with under 2 minutes to play in tie game.

Lesson: Rookies learn it is far easier to lose a game than it is to win one.

Bears
Barber runs out of bounds when staying inbounds would have left Broncos with 15 seconds, no timeouts and 40 yds to get in FG range. In OT, Barber fumbles with the Bears already in FG range.

Lesson: If all you have to do is fall down to win the game and you still can't manage to do that correctly, you should be worried. When it happens twice in the same game, you should rent instead of owning a home.

So if the Pats can delay the victory formation to the end of the game, avoid giving the Broncos defense points, not run backwards out of FG range, realize that Tebow might actually run the ball a little bit and be able to touch their knees to the turf on demand...well I think they might just have a shot on Sunday.

Outstanding post Metaphors!

The Patriots are my favorite team, but I'll be rooting for Tim Tebow.

Another fan whose brain has been infected....what is the cure?

Another fan whose brain has been infected....what is the cure?

Cowbell2.jpg

What you have seen every week are new and inventive ways of losing a game:

Dolphins
Up 15 with 5:50 left and the ball. 3 straight dive plays that burn timeouts but only 24 seconds. Punt, TD, onside kick, TD, game.

Lesson: Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? If so I can't imagine why? We've all got time enough to cry.

Raiders
Up 24-17 and finished the game INT/Punt/Punt/Punt/INT.

Lesson: There is a reason why Carson Palmer isn't the QB in Cincinnati.

Jets
Fumbled kickoff and pick 6 in the 2nd half. Inexplicably didn't account for Tebow running (57 of 95 yards) on the final drive.

Lesson: Running around without a plan is only a winning strategy in buffet lines.

Chargers
In FG range in OT, Tolbert has negative yards on run and results in missed FG/good field position for Broncos.

Lesson: <Shakes head unable to verbalize level of stupidity>

Vikings
Ponder almost throws for 400 yards but gives up pick in own end with under 2 minutes to play in tie game.

Lesson: Rookies learn it is far easier to lose a game than it is to win one.

Bears
Barber runs out of bounds when staying inbounds would have left Broncos with 15 seconds, no timeouts and 40 yds to get in FG range. In OT, Barber fumbles with the Bears already in FG range.

Lesson: If all you have to do is fall down to win the game and you still can't manage to do that correctly, you should be worried. When it happens twice in the same game, you should rent instead of owning a home.

So if the Pats can delay the victory formation to the end of the game, avoid giving the Broncos defense points, not run backwards out of FG range, realize that Tebow might actually run the ball a little bit and be able to touch their knees to the turf on demand...well I think they might just have a shot on Sunday.
Good stuff!

As I've mentioned before, we seem to gain about 50% more rushing yds than most teams allow on average before playing us, which translates out to around 150 yds against the Pats. On the other hand, my guess is the Pats will probably allow us close to 200 yds passing.

If we have 350 yds offense and can hold the Pats to under 24, I think we've got a good shot at winning.

If the Pats have to bring 8 men up close to stop the run, they could be in real trouble, especially if it's within 2 scores going into the 4th.

All depends on what the Broncos can do to slow your offense down.

I like our defense, but we've also gotten some breaks – playing several teams that for one reason or another weren't operating like they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back