PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mantra for the week, especially for the DBs, is "Do your job".

Tebow makes a ton of plays where he gets out of the pocket and looks like he's about to run. The DB leaves his man to come up to put a hit on Tebow, and Tebow flips it over the DBs head to the guy the DB just left wide open.

1) Try to keep Tebow in the pocket.
2) If he leaves the pocket it's then legal to maul the WR or TE. Do so.
3) If he crosses the LOS, _then_ all DBs to Tebow.

Last edited:
Having been on a bunch of hiking trips at Rocky Mountain National Park which is about an hour or so north of Denver, I think the altitude as far as Mile High goes is a little overrated. I live at sea level and whenever I go there I feel fine in Denver itself but it's when you get up into the mountains (10,000 feet and up) that it becomes really noticeable.

If anyone is affected by it it will be the bigger guys. That's why rotation is important especially on the DL. But, I've always thought our struggles in Denver have been more the result of weird games and just plain bad luck than the altitude. For most people being at 5,000 isn't that big of a deal. The plane they will go out there on will be pressurized to the equivalent of being at about 7,000 feet above sea level.

I don't think you actually did much more at the Denver altitude than walk to your hotel with your bags then.

I lived for two years in the springs which is essentially same altitude as denver area.

I moved from LA and I distinctly remember going running for the first 3-4 weeks and being significantly short of breath after a short period. The first week it was noticeable at 100-200 yards but you could run through it for a 1/4 mile. Then progressively got better as you trained up. But it took a good 4 weeks before you could complete the distances 3-6kms I was used to running routinely.

Football is played in short bursts; and MOST of the players should have been in a bit higher level of condition than I was to start with. So it may be a bit less noticable in their 1Q/2Q performance. But rest assured there is an affect. and I think it plays out in 3Q/4Q more.

Easy, just build an insurmountable lead. :)

I know you put the smiley face there, but that has to be the key. Some pertinent info....

- Tebow doesn't have good stats until the 4th quarter
- The thin Denver air will have its biggest impact in the 2nd half
- Denver has a great clutch kicker
- NE's pass defense has gotten riddled by the likes of Vince Young, Rex Grossman, and Dan Orlovsky
- Denver, in the Tim Tebow era, always seems to win the close, late games - call it magic, call it divine inspiration, call it whatever, but they always seem to pull them out in the end

Ergo, the best solution is to take all that out of play by jumping on them early, and, midway through the 3rd period, be up like 28-7. I know with this team even that is not "insurmountable", but it's what NE is going to have to do, I think.

This game, in their house, cannot be a close game in the 4th quarter. That will likely end badly for us.

I don't think you actually did much more at the Denver altitude than walk to your hotel with your bags then.

I lived for two years in the springs which is essentially same altitude as denver area.

I moved from LA and I distinctly remember going running for the first 3-4 weeks and being significantly short of breath after a short period. The first week it was noticeable at 100-200 yards but you could run through it for a 1/4 mile. Then progressively got better as you trained up. But it took a good 4 weeks before you could complete the distances 3-6kms I was used to running routinely.

Football is played in short bursts; and MOST of the players should have been in a bit higher level of condition than I was to start with. So it may be a bit less noticable in their 1Q/2Q performance. But rest assured there is an affect. and I think it plays out in 3Q/4Q more.

yeah, Ive always thought Mile High was the worst place to play, forget the noise, when players start having physical problems by playing in a stadium, its a hugh advantage . Not sure any other stadium has that.

That said, Your much better than this team, and its not the best defense you have faced all year. I think their defense is even ranked below us, lol.
I think fans in NE are just worried about losing to TEBOW, otherwise they would be taking this game as a given.

.. and they should be ,lol because Id laugh my ars off and it would be really embarrassing ,lol

I want to see Tebow truck Guyton or some other hapless arm tackler. That'll teach them a lesson!:singing:

It will be a fascinating game. I could see it going any which way. My gut says 28-10 though for the Patsies!

Just cover the middle of the field, be disciplined when he takes off running and use the sidelines as extra defenders, forcing him to make tight throws. Tebow isn't accurate at all, so you shouldn't overcommit when he scrambles, and he'll have a hard time hitting any target that isn't wide open. This is the type of QB that doesn't seem to give BB fits, as a disciplined, well-coached defense will make it very hard on him.

They need to make sure especially to take away the left side rollout (right side for the defense) as the guy can (even tho alot of them look like wounded ducks) throw on the run when he is able to escape to the left........If they can keep him in the pocket and make him throw against us he should give up a few picks. But, I expect him to RUN, RUN, and RUN all over us.....and we will see alot of McGahee too. You make good points above as well

You mean Guyton who was benched and had ZERO reps while active yesterday.

I want to see Tebow truck Guyton or some other hapless arm tackler. That'll teach them a lesson!:singing:

It will be a fascinating game. I could see it going any which way. My gut says 28-10 though for the Patsies!

Going to be a very interesting game. The Patriots traditionally don't play well out there and the Broncos D has been playing well. Where many teams are getting burned is when they have to react to Tebow's scrambling it's opening up some holes in the pass coverage. Think it was Tom Curran who said he expects BB to call Nick saban and pick his brain about defending Tebow. Should be fun.

Think it was Tom Curran who said he expects BB to call Nick Saban and pick his brain about defending Tebow.
Drafting the Alabama Crimson Tide defense would be a good start.

You mean Guyton who was benched and had ZERO reps while active yesterday.
One of many New England Patriots defensive players who will not be on the roster next season.

This seems like as good a place as any to put this, without starting yet another thread; from Reiss:

* Brady's 1st 11 starts ('01): 8-3, 207 YPG (pass + rush), 16 TDs
* Tebow's 1st 11 starts('11): 8-3, 231 YPG (pass + rush), 19 TDs

So maybe Tebow really is the second coming ....:)

This seems like as good a place as any to put this, without starting yet another thread; from Reiss:

* Brady's 1st 11 starts ('01): 8-3, 207 YPG (pass + rush), 16 TDs
* Tebow's 1st 11 starts('11): 8-3, 231 YPG (pass + rush), 19 TDs

So maybe Tebow really is the second coming ....:)

Here's some more fun stuff for you....

Tebow's comp% as starter - 49% (132 for 269)

Elway's first 11 starts (1983): 5-6, 165 YPG (pass + rush), 9 TDs, 48% compl (131 for 272)

Last edited:
This game should play to our defense's strengths (if you can call them that). We should be able to sit back in soft zone coverage all day long and force Tebow to go airborne earlier than he's comfortable with. Mistakes galore should ensue and expect LB pick or two as Tebow tries to dump short throws over what may appear to be a soft middle of the field.

Of course if we can't stop the running game it will all be moot, with our main weapon standing on the sidelines most of the day.

I have a lot of respect for John Fox, so this should be quite the chess match.

I can't wait, either--till Monday.

The Patriots are my favorite team, but I'll be rooting for Tim Tebow.

penquins.gif

Anyone know whats bradys record is in denver..think it's pretty bad...this is going to be a really tough game

Brady career vs Denver is 1-5 from memory, his only losing record vs any NFL TEAM.

Tebow leads the AFC in 4th QTR QB rating, obviously ahead of TFB

I'm looking forward to see The Dark Side triumph Sunday

It's no coincidence the Broncos' current win streak has involved so many 4th qtr. heroics.

While they've relied less on the zone-read in the last two games, it's still a significant wrinkle. Defending it requires disciplined play. But after getting pounded by the rushing attack for 3+ qtrs, most defenses are gassed and that's when gap discipline breaks down.

We see it every week. The Jets couldn't maintain discipline on the last drive, neither could the Bears on the TD drive (up by 10 with 2:08 remaining).

The Pats present by far the most challenging offense the Broncos will face this year, keeping them in the 17-23 pt range will be a huge test.

But if the Pats aren't up by 2 scores, they'll be in real trouble in the 4th qtr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back