PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team the Pats should worry the most about?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team worries you the most in 2017?

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Houston Texans

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Some other AFC team (Miami, Kansas City, Baltimore, etc)

• Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Green Bay Packers

• Some other NFC team (Giants, Saints, Panthers, etc)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna laugh uncontrollably if anyone says Pittsburgh....just checked the thread

I'm now laughing uncontrollably

Tom Brady is the Steelers daddy!
Agreed. They're Einstein's definition of insanity when it comes to playing defense against the Patriots.

Some of the officiating crews we have gotten @ mile high

I thought that once a poll was set up, the answer would be clear.

Obviously, the patriots are favored over every team in the NFL, and will continue to the favorite as long as Brady is playing. Obviously, the greatest impediment to a SB victory is injuries.

HOWEVER, the OP asked a question. That answer for me is the Oakland Raiders.

the 2016 team. endless comparisons.

I like our chances against anyone. As long as we stay "I" Free and firing on all cylinders question should go to opposing teams dealing with us.

My answer too. If they stay fairly healthy and play to their abilities I think they will repeat. Hopefully no locker room issues or whatever.

The other part of this is if they do the oft repeated, "do their job" and "play hard".. do not see it, as lessons were learned last year when they dumped Collins..

I always worry after a SB have their bodies had enough time to recover to avoid an injury filled season..

Seattle, though it was a toss up between Seattle and GB. Seattle gets the edge for their defense and experience on the big stage. Mobile QBs just give me the heebie jeebies. Not worried about anyone in the AFC. Most of the good offenses have bad defenses, and vice versa.

I am going to limit it to the AFC, because getting to the Superbowl is the goal. As we've seen in the past, anything goes in the Superbowl.

Every team on the schedule is a potential loss. I've seen the Patriots lose to terrible teams and would not be shocked to see it happen again this year. Any NFL team can win any game on any Sunday. Don't ever forget that losing is often just a poor throw or a fumble away.

That being said, the main rival of the Patriots this year is the Steelers. They have a very talented offense and a decent defense that should be playing more man-to-man this year. We'll see how it goes. Any team with a quarterback and a set of receivers liek the Steelers is very dangerous.

I won't anoint Oakland as a real threat, yet. They need to have another good season for me to believe in that team. Carr is good, but that defense has a ways to go, and lets not forget that their coach is Del Rio.

Anyone saying Pittsburgh turn in your Pats fan membership card, it's been revoked. I don't give a **** if they are gonna change their defense until they show otherwise Brady owns them.

Raiders? Three words, Jack Del Rio

Broncos? I see a lot of "That defense though" Ya well that defense just lost Wade Phillips as the coordinator. Also how's that offense gonna do against the Pats defense? It only mustered 3 points in Mile High last year.

Ravens? That game last year was 2 Jones muffs from being 37-6.. Pats got better this off-season. Ravens got better but I don't think it is enough to close the gap,

Texans? Can they beat the Pats 1 time first? People will point at the playoff game, which then i'll direct them to the regular season game. BTW that playoff game some of you want to point the final score was still 34-16.

I won't go into NFC teams because an NFC wouldn't be the reason the Pats aren't in the SB. Talking about an NFC team would mean talking potential SB matchup

The next one. This team is in trouble.

Anyone saying Pittsburgh turn in your Pats fan membership card, it's been revoked. I don't give a **** if they are gonna change their defense until they show otherwise Brady owns them.

Raiders? Three words, Jack Del Rio

Broncos? I see a lot of "That defense though" Ya well that defense just lost Wade Phillips as the coordinator. Also how's that offense gonna do against the Pats defense? It only mustered 3 points in Mile High last year.

Ravens? That game last year was 2 Jones muffs from being 37-6.. Pats got better this off-season. Ravens got better but I don't think it is enough to close the gap,

Texans? Can they beat the Pats 1 time first? People will point at the playoff game, which then i'll direct them to the regular season game. BTW that playoff game some of you want to point the final score was still 34-16.

I won't go into NFC teams because an NFC wouldn't be the reason the Pats aren't in the SB. Talking about an NFC team would mean talking potential SB matchup

Past success is not a predictor of future success. Just look at the 2010 Patriots getting curb stomped by the Jets in the playoffs.

Past success is not a predictor of future success. Just look at the 2010 Patriots getting curb stomped by the Jets in the playoffs.

Good point. The Patriots were coming off 2 SBs in 3 years back in 2010, and had improved tremendously over the offseason. Exact same situation.

This Patriot team will be able to score on anyone. Normally good defensive teams give us most trouble, but someone is going to have to score a lot to beat us. Thus I worry more about teams that can score. I don't worry about NFC teams yet - too soon. Oakland to me is the most dangerous AFC team.

Good point. The Patriots were coming off 2 SBs in 3 years back in 2010, and had improved tremendously over the offseason. Exact same situation.

Great might as well say not to worry about any team. They all suck and have no chance of beating the Pats. We're going 19-0 y'all.

Great might as well say not to worry about any team. They all suck and have no chance of beating the Pats. We're going 19-0 y'all.

Pretty much.

The exception is if half the team goes on IR like 2015.

Themselves

This and only this. Stay healthy, stay focused. Continue to strengthen and evolve as a team. We have a lot of players returning from last year but certainly have a handful of front liners new to the pack. Get well acclimated, put your ego aside, and make sure everyone is doing their job and doing what is best for the team.

With that being said

Pitt - ya ok, their kindergarten defense will never allow them to get the one up on our lethal offense
Raiders - Too soon to tell, they filled some holes in defense but how many years did they have a losing record when they were "supposed" to be great
Falcons - I they will succeed this year. Lots of hype and good energy surrounding the team, I'm looking forward to a competitive match with them in Foxboro.
Dallas - Still a new team, they had a great run last year but is it sustainable?
GB - Fix that defense and they will be a SB contender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back