PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 w/o Gronk in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
My impression has been that TB12 has been just as good w/o Gronk in the lineup.

Took the liberty of crunching some numbers.

2010-15

Comp % Yards/Game TD/INT Passer Rating
Brady with Gronk 65.5 290.8 191/39 104.5

2016 (9 games including 1st Jets game and playoffs)

Comp %/Yards/Game TD/INT Passer Rating
Brady without Gronk 63.6 287.8 21/3 102.9

In this 9 game stretch they've averaged 30 ppg exactly.

All in all I'm feeling pretty good about how this offense is playing without Gronk and fully expect TB12 to hang between 30-40 points on ATL.

Here is the article in which I culled some of my #s

Here's how much Gronk's injury affects the Patriots' Super Bowl chances

I think this team is more equipped to handle the loss of Gronk due to the number of quality targets it has. Definitely seems like something BB focused on. I would feel better if Marty were fully healthy but at least he can play somewhat effectively. Obviously the team has had better top-end talent with Moss, but I feel like this might be the deepest team at WR we've had in the BB era.

Not to change the subject but, IMO, this is why Brady should be the MVP. I know Julio Jones missed a couple of games but Brady has missed Gronk for a large part of the season.

More on subject, these numbers show how well Brady, the new skill guys, the improved OL and McDaniels have done to adjust this season as there was a large split difference between Gronk and No Gronk before this season.

To be fair, the offense with Gronk was essentially on the Falcons level (Saints/Bucs/Panthers defenses were worse as a whole than the AFC East):

Patriots offense with & without Gronk this season

With Gronk (5 games - Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Bills, Seahawks):

32 PPG
408.4 YPG

Definitely something to be excited about for next season.

I don't agree with this. We were just better equipped to deal with the loss this season. If we didn't have Mitchell, Hogan or even the hobbled Bennett, I'm not sure where we would be. 2013-esque?

I think this team is more equipped to handle the loss of Gronk due to the number of quality targets it has. Definitely seems like something BB focused on. I would feel better if Marty were fully healthy but at least he can play somewhat effectively. Obviously the team has had better top-end talent with Moss, but I feel like this might be the deepest team at WR we've had in the BB era.

Agree on Marty. If he was healthy as he was vs CLE I'd be a different conversation.

With that said I think they are going to run the ball down ATLs throats next Sunday.

Because he such a good blocker, Marty is going to be a big factor in the running game.

I don't agree with this. We were just better equipped to deal with the loss this season. If we didn't have Mitchell, Hogan or even the hobbled Bennett, I'm not sure where we would be. 2013-esque?

What don't you agree with?

No one is saying they are just as good without Gronk.

You are highlighting the very reasons why as opposed to years past, they are able to cope with his loss better.

Look at the talent they've acquired since 2013.

Hogan
White
Mitchell
Bennett
D-Lew
Floyd (talent-wise but clearly the jury is still out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes