PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats secondary without Gilmore

Bill the GM settled on a 2d rounder for Jimmy G....what makes people think he'll drive a hard bargain trading Gilmore....3d rounder at best

After seeing JC as the number one guy last year and Mills in preseason I thought these first 6 games would be a disaster but overall the secondary has looked pretty good. I think with our record as it is and the secondary looking competent we trade Gilmore when he is available to come off PUP.

I wouldn't say we shut out Tom. Antonio Brown dropped a TD pass. Our secondary did play extremely well no doubt, we have a very good defense. Uche is a beast and Matt Judon will make the pro bowl. Still, we are 1-3. That record sucks. We need to do better
next three games are winnable...hopefully we can get above 500.

Houston
Dallas
Jets

Houston
Dallas
Jets

Considering Dallas is a lot like Tampa Bay, with three great WRs, and they don’t want to grind it out on the ground, I have a lot more confidence the Patriots can beat them today than I did yesterday.

Woulda, coulda,shoulda........Pats are what they are.......lots of new faces trying to be a team........key pieces not healthy yet......key pieces getting injured and out indefinately......Tough watching after Brady but Mac is a key piece to building Pats Nation back up......Patience Grasshopper.

Idk man,

Brady threw to Brown from 40 yards away in his bread basket, the perfect placement. That seals the deal.

"Missed field goal" he makes it, brady gets the ball back with 59 seconds and 2 timeouts. You think our defense stops him from getting into field goal range?

I was just pointing out it is an exercise in futility to make an argument like that. I don't play those games. The Pats are 1-3. Sure in three of their losses, they played well enough to win. But they didn't.

How about all the plays that Brady made last night when Judon would have gotten to him if he wasn't blatantly held. How many points would the Bucs have scored then? Would some of these receivers who got open down the field if Brady had to throw it a second sooner because Judon was on top of him? And wasn't there a case where I think it was Brown who got away with OPI?

If you want to go through a football game and cherry pick individual plays, you can argue many different outcomes.

Let's hope the Defense figures out how to stop Zeke Elliot before they face Dallas.... :)

Houston
Dallas
Jets

Yes realistically 4-3 but 3-4 will be ok too. Our offense has to find ways to score more points. 17 PPG is not enough in today's NFL

I was just pointing out it is an exercise in futility to make an argument like that. I don't play those games. The Pats are 1-3. Sure in three of their losses, they played well enough to win. But they didn't.

How about all the plays that Brady made last night when Judon would have gotten to him if he wasn't blatantly held. How many points would the Bucs have scored then? Would some of these receivers who got open down the field if Brady had to throw it a second sooner because Judon was on top of him? And wasn't there a case where I think it was Brown who got away with OPI?

If you want to go through a football game and cherry pick individual plays, you can argue many different outcomes.
Yes,

As Bill Parcells says you are what your record says you are.

Matt Judon should make the pro bowl

And don't even bring up holding calls not called after the Eli helmet catch pass that won their SB.....blatantly missed holding call by blind ref...talk to Richard Seymour about that.....

And don't even bring up holding calls not called after the Eli helmet catch pass that won their SB.....blatantly missed called by blind ref...talk to Richard Seymour about that.....

I cry when I think about that play. I'm sitting in my college dorms next to some ugly fat drunk giants fan as he screams in my face. PTSD

No doubt its been a bright spot. This defense alone should keeP us in most games

At this point I want Brandin Cooks I think he could be very good with Mac.
I would sell Gilmore to Houston for that.

At this point I want Brandin Cooks I think he could be very good with Mac.
I would sell Gilmore to Houston for that.

Why would Houston want Gilmore? By the time they are good again, Gilmore will be done even if they re-signed him.

The only teams that are going to trade for Gilmore are teams that are good enough to win now.

No one is giving up a 1st round pick for a 30 year old CB coming off a torn quad whose recovery has taken him deep into the season, with a contract that‘s up after the season. At least, I don’t think anyone is, maybe John Lynch or Mike Mayock….
and Bill o Brien

I wouldn’t be shocked if Gilmore is healthier than we’re led to believe. I think he’s still “injured” in a response to not getting his contract reworked.

Why would Houston want Gilmore? By the time they are good again, Gilmore will be done even if they re-signed him.

The only teams that are going to trade for Gilmore are teams that are good enough to win now.
I agree the most possible scenario is the Patriots trade a third for Cooks then turn around and trade Gilmore To a proposed contender for the same or lesser value.

Even without consistent pressure they've held up. I thought Mills was going to be a disaster but he's done fairly well. Whoever is coaching our DBs is doing a great job.

I haven't seen a lot of people talk about Dugger but he's played really well. He's played generally well in coverage and he's made a tackle at or behind the LOS in almost every game.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Gilmore is healthier than we’re led to believe. I think he’s still “injured” in a response to not getting his contract reworked.
I think I remember a report that Gilmore would've been able to "make it onto the field" in training camp if he got a new deal. Obviously he did not get a new deal. I think he's been healthy for a very long time, but Bill doesn't want to pay up until he sees Gilmore in action to be sure. Gilmore wants the money up-front. Here we are.

Ultimately Gilmore will know if he never comes back his deal just tolls and we're back here again, so he'll come back after his PUP stint is over and play 2/3 of a season on his current deal and see what happens.

I would definitely just say keep him. No one's gonna pay much in a trade for him. The secondary is already doing well, adding Gilmore on top of that will make them extremely good. Probably allows them to generate some more INTs and 3-and-outs.

Makes no sense to spend $310M in contracts and $160M guaranteed in free agents and then cheap out on your star cornerback.

The Pats internal organization is a mix of competent guys and then total dumb-as-es in the organization right now.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back