PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats secondary without Gilmore

I was shocked how well Mills handled Godwin last night.

But overall the secondary has been great. People would say before last night that the Pats haven't faced a good QB, but they did last night and did very, very well.
I remember last week people were talking as if Mills was a waste of a contract. Hoping last night is a sign of things to come. This is a complex defense so sometimes it takes a player a bit to get comfortable. We all remember how Gilmore started out.

They should trade him before he ever gets on the field.
And the return would be what? Lets set the expectations appropriately here.

The Bucs are likely suitors given their DB situation, but even then what do they realistically give up for less than one years rental on a guy who hasn't seen the field in a year? A 4th? A 5th? Maybe?

As far as an offensive "stud" - c'mon man - really????? Do we honestly still think Auerbach swindle-type trades still happen frequently?

All I know is that if we lose 2 out of the next 3 then we should.kick the tires on what Tampa is willing to offer for Gilmore to fix their secondary problems.

If the team can put some wins together before the trade deadline next month, then keep him. If they’re still losing trade him.

And the return would be what? Lets set the expectations appropriately here.

The Bucs are likely suitors given their DB situation, but even then what do they realistically give up for less than one years rental on a guy who hasn't seen the field in a year? A 4th? A 5th? Maybe?

As far as an offensive "stud" - c'mon man - really????? Do we honestly still think Auerbach swindle-type trades still happen frequently?
Huh? Think you responded to the wrong post. I'd be happy with a third or a fourth. The cap savings along is significant for us.

Huh? Think you responded to the wrong post. I'd be happy with a third or a fourth. The cap savings along is significant for us.
There is no cap savings unless they re-sign him.

We are obviously talking past each other here. Is your bottom line just get rid of Gilmore period for whatever the return?

All I know is that if we lose 2 out of the next 3 then we should.kick the tires on what Tampa is willing to offer for Gilmore to fix their secondary problems.

*Tampa Bay's Salary Cap enters the chat*

I’ve always like JJ. Mills & JC were very strong last night. JC has been better than I had anticipated all year.

I remember last week people were talking as if Mills was a waste of a contract. Hoping last night is a sign of things to come. This is a complex defense so sometimes it takes a player a bit to get comfortable. We all remember how Gilmore started out.

I feel so much better about Mills, Dugger, Philips, Jones, Jackson, McCourty as the secondary.

Philips and Dugger should always have more snaps than Bentley.

This is a great secondary if they don't mess it up.

Bentley still sucks. Godchaux still stucks.

Honestly I would consider trying to trade Gilmore for someone like Godwin

Pats D needs Gilmore. If the Pats oc continues to have no role for the 2nd TE then I would trade the 2nd TE

There is no cap savings unless they re-sign him.

We are obviously talking past each other here. Is your bottom line just get rid of Gilmore period for whatever the return?
They can save cap today that would roll into next year if they trade him. This year's salary is roughly 16M, they can save a percentage of that if they get him off the roster.

Yeah, if Gilly isn't in the long term plans, we should dump him now while this year is close to shot.

They can save cap today that would roll into next year if they trade him. This year's salary is roughly 16M, they can save a percentage of that if they get him off the roster.

Yeah, if Gilly isn't in the long term plans, we should dump him now while this year is close to shot.

A healthy & motivated Stephon Gilmore could honestly be the difference towards a superbowl appearance for a lot of contenders. The Browns, Chargers, Cowboys, Cardinals could really use him. Might be optimistic but could get a bidding war in a few weeks?

I’ve always like JJ. Mills & JC were very strong last night. JC has been better than I had anticipated all year.
I was very happy with JC's job on Evans last night.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Gilmore is healthier than we’re led to believe. I think he’s still “injured” in a response to not getting his contract reworked.
Gilmore could have played week 1 if he was paid.

I personally think we lost because of the 2018 first round. We drafted Wynn and Sony with our two picks instead of Calvin Ridley and Nick Chubb. We win with those two. Wynn looked pathetic last night and Sony is no longer on the team. If we hit on those 2 picks, were 3-1 or 4-0

if we have them two everything looks different and Brady doesn’t leave

This trade was supposed to happen in the off season no it ain’t happening bucs won’t even entertain it even though it perfect for both teams

Idk man,

Brady threw to Brown from 40 yards away in his bread basket, the perfect placement. That seals the deal.

"Missed field goal" he makes it, brady gets the ball back with 59 seconds and 2 timeouts. You think our defense stops him from getting into field goal range?

Pick 6 on that next drive. Pats' DB's were overdue.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back