PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tallying the Colts player losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, the Colts are going to be in a bit of trouble this year. They still play against the Jags, Texans and Titans so they're going to win the division, but it might be with 9 or 10 wins. Their lucky they have the best QB and one of the best WR tandems in the NFL because they are going to allow around 30 points a game this year.

I basically agree with this but don't you think Ray's getting on a little.
I mean he wasn't all the rage last year. Maybe he was hurt or something.

Yeah Ray-Ray's not what he once was, when he was trying to live down that obstruction rap.

He's still a presence and better than most ILBs in the league (IMHO)

The fact that you guys are so worried about the Colts speaks volume's about how far they've truley fallen in your minds. The Colts lose players EVERY year. Do you get it? EVERY YEAR. Last year alone Edge, Harper, Stokley, Thorton, P, , Simon, Doss, Reagor. And they won the Superbowl. Keep on yelling the sky is falling, it's been the same cry every post season

The fact that you guys are so worried about the Colts speaks volume's about how far they've truley fallen in your minds. The Colts lose players EVERY year. Do you get it? EVERY YEAR. Last year alone Edge, Harper, Stokley, Thorton, P, , Simon, Doss, Reagor. And they won the Superbowl. Keep on yelling the sky is falling, it's been the same cry every post season

LOL, and they've sucked every playoff until the last when, as Curran points out, they were rather serendipitous in their SB run. You say that line as if the Colts have been a successful playoff team this decade, check the scoreboard, Pats 3, Colts 1.

Last edited:
LOL, and they've sucked every playoff until the last when, as Curran points out, they were rather serendipitous in their SB run. You say that line as if the Colts have been a successful playoff team this decade, check the scoreboard, Pats 3, Colts 1.

While I can't argue that the Pats have more SB's and have more playoff victories than the Colts, The Colts and Manning recently have a winning record in the postseason and the as i'm sure you know, a superbowl victory.

And as i'm also sure you know, the Colts have beaten the Patriots 3 straight times including two victories and a blowout at the Pats stadium. The past is the past and the Colts are sitting on top right now, there's nothing the Pats 3 SB's can do about that, but I know why you'd want to make that 3 - 1 argument as thats all the ammo you have now that the Colts are on top

Last edited:
While I can't argue that the Pats have more SB's and have more playoff victories than the Colts, The Colts and Manning recently have a winning record in the postseason and the as i'm sure you know, a superbowl victory.

And as i'm also sure you know, the Colts have beaten the Patriots 3 straight times including two victories and a blowout at the Pats stadium. The past is the past and the Colts are sitting on top right now, there's nothing the Pats 3 SB's can do about that, but I know why you'd want to make that 3 - 1 argument as thats all the ammo you have now that the Colts are on top

Since "the past is the past" why are you talking about the Colts' last 3 wins over the Pats? Pardon me, but those don't amount to a hill of beans at this point. Neither does your SB win. Neither do our three before it.

What is relevant is that the Colts' personnel losses this off-season have been many, including two in the last 2 weeks (Glenn/McFarland) that by themselves would be considered significant. Add those to the losses incurred over the winter and it's even more significant.

Is it a deal breaker? Who knows. But it at least merits discussion.

Last edited:

And as i'm also sure you know, the Colts have beaten the Patriots 3 straight times including two victories and a blowout at the Pats stadium. The past is the past and the Colts are sitting on top right now, there's nothing the Pats 3 SB's can do about that

The Tampa Bay Bucs were "on top" a couple of seasons ago, how did that work out? And Big Ben and the Steelers looks pretty tough themselves, didn't they?

1 Super Bowl is great, but ultimately, not indicative of extended greatness, so for now, I will hold over you the fact that the Patriots have won 3 Super Bowls this decade. Things only get harder after winning the ring, as the Colts found out this offseason.

Let me ask you, do you truly think the Colts were the best team in the NFL last season? Let me follow up by asking if you think they got better or worse this offseason. And let me follow that up by asking you if you think the Patriots got better or worse this offseason.

Heck, while we're at it, let's ask ourselves what it says about Colts fans that they constantly hang around Patriots message boards as if they have some permanent inferiority complex...Patriots fans don't have to roam Colts boards desperately trying to prove we're the better team.

Last edited:
Heck, while we're at it, let's ask ourselves what it says about Colts fans that they constantly hang around Patriots message boards as if they have some permanent inferiority complex...Patriots fans don't have to roam Colts boards desperately trying to prove we're the better team.

You might want to retract that one...

Who the hell are you kidding? If we were WORRIED about the Colts, we'd actually be talking about how Manning actually proved himself finally. He hasn't and neither have the Colts. They were handed the win against the Patriots in the AFCCG because of 3 bad calls by the referees that changed the course of the game. INCLUDING a NON-CALL on what should have been pass interference against Kelvin Hayden in the end zone. Hayden mauled Caldwell, yet nothing was called.

I feel another thread changing direction.

Who the hell are you kidding? If we were WORRIED about the Colts, we'd actually be talking about how Manning actually proved himself finally. He hasn't and neither have the Colts. They were handed the win against the Patriots in the AFCCG because of 3 bad calls by the referees that changed the course of the game. INCLUDING a NON-CALL on what should have been pass interference against Kelvin Hayden in the end zone. Hayden mauled Caldwell, yet nothing was called.

You know, sometimes.................ahh, never mind.:rolleyes:

Hate to rain on your parade, but you list all these losses and seem to think that they equal past losses so it must mean it's ok cause they've overcome it before. I bet you can't name me a list of a players lost in a single off season that appear to have the same impact of the Mcfarland and Glenn losses, let alone all the others. Remember, One year of lost players, not an amalgamation of 3 or 4.

Before I forget, while I acknowledge that the Colts have been good in replacing players in the past, they have always had the benefit of having a groomed player to step up, with th exception of Addai, if memory serves me well. This year is much different, they have nothing to replace McFarland with, whoever starts at LT is going to be a downgrade, I'll give you that Gonzalez is an improvement over Stokley for the simple fact that Stokley did not really play last year, Marlin and Hayden may be an upgrade over David and Harper but we haven't seen it yet so right now we must assume that best case scenario it's a wash....man who else did you lose?

Last edited:
Hate to rain on your parade, but you list all these losses and seem to think that they equal past losses so it must mean it's ok cause they've overcome it before. I bet you can't name me a list of a players lost in a single off season that appear to have the same impact of the Mcfarland and Glenn losses, let alone all the others. Remember, One year of lost players, not an amalgamation of 3 or 4.

Before I forget, while I acknowledge that the Colts have been good in replacing players in the past, they have always had the benefit of having a groomed player to step up, with th exception of Addai, if memory serves me well. This year is much different, they have nothing to replace McFarland with, whoever starts at LT is going to be a downgrade, I'll give you that Gonzalez is an improvement over Stokley for the simple fact that Stokley did not really play last year, Marlin and Hayden may be an upgrade over David and Harper but we haven't seen it yet so right now we must assume that best case scenario it's a wash....man who else did you lose?

Man O man, the sky IS falling! Whoa, my Colts will be lucky to win a single game, boy am I nervous!!!

Wonder what the atmosphere was like around here when the Colts TRADED for McFarland?? I know one Pat fan was giddy, thinking that the Colts gave too much for such a mediocre player. He even went so far as to add a signiture to his posts stating that the day we traded for McFarland was the day the Colts died. SB Champs baby, it turned out to be a good move. Glenn and Booger ARE our biggest losses to date for this coming season, but there are guys ready to step in. The O-line has a ton of experience AND they added a guy who they think is the heir apparent. Mix in Gonzalez, and the offense appears to have a shot at clicking like they did in '04. Defensively, they have speed and they have hitters. They lack experience, but by Playoff time, they will be groomed. I don't see Jax or anyone else knocking us off our throne in the South. AND the nice thing is(once the playoffs start), we won't have to play ALL the other playoff teams, perhaps just two of them. And as we know, at that point, ANYTHING can happen ;

Last edited:
You might want to retract that one...

Why would I? Do you know how many times I've visited and or posted on the message board of an opponent's site? 0. Why? Maybe it's because I'm not a total d-bag. I'm not sure, that could have something to do with it.

This thread is for objectively discussing the offseason losses the Colts faced, and objectively evaluating their team, and the potential threat they pose to the Patriots. But, as usual, a bunch of Colts trolls with no life have decided to come and prevent that objective discussion from occurring.

God forbid there be any friggin dicussion on this site re: the Colts without a bunch of Colts fans coming in and washing Manning's balls until the thread dies.

EDIT: Let me clarify I have no problem with those visiting team posters that actually ADD something to the conversation, my beef is solely with the thread hi-jacking d-bags, who, no surprise are Colts fans.

Last edited:
Why would I? Do you know how many times I've visited and or posted on the message board of an opponent's site? 0. Why? Maybe it's because I'm not a total d-bag. I'm not sure, that could have something to do with it.

This thread is for objectively discussing the offseason losses the Colts faced, and objectively evaluating their team, and the potential threat they pose to the Patriots. But, as usual, a bunch of Colts trolls with no life have decided to come and prevent that objective discussion from occurring.

God forbid there be any friggin dicussion on this site re: the Colts without a bunch of Colts fans coming in and washing Manning's balls until the thread dies.

EDIT: Let me clarify I have no problem with those visiting team posters that actually ADD something to the conversation, my beef is solely with the thread hi-jacking d-bags, who, no surprise are Colts fans.

None of the posters who have defended the Colts have been acting like you are describing, we're simply giving you are point on your views since there seem to be so many threads on the front page of this site discussing the Colts recently.

It seems like that whenever somebody defends The Colts they get jumped on from the fans here. I guess in the end it's just a crime to be a Colts Fan

Who cares about the Colts? These threads are annoying.

You never saw the Colt's message boards during the time that the Pats were beating the Colts then I take it, right? They were absolutely taken over by Patriots fans that had nothing other to say but "you suck" and "we own you" in nearly every single thread. They drove a lot of people away from the message boards.

If you feel that I have highjacked a thread, please show me. It actually has been turning the other way in a couple of the recent Colts threads. They have been totally turned from the original subject by Pats fans.

Man O man, the sky IS falling! Whoa, my Colts will be lucky to win a single game, boy am I nervous!!!

Wonder what the atmosphere was like around here when the Colts TRADED for McFarland?? I know one Pat fan was giddy, thinking that the Colts gave too much for such a mediocre player. He even went so far as to add a signiture to his posts stating that the day we traded for McFarland was the day the Colts died. SB Champs baby, it turned out to be a good move. Glenn and Booger ARE our biggest losses to date for this coming season, but there are guys ready to step in. The O-line has a ton of experience AND they added a guy who they think is the heir apparent. Mix in Gonzalez, and the offense appears to have a shot at clicking like they did in '04. Defensively, they have speed and they have hitters. They lack experience, but by Playoff time, they will be groomed. I don't see Jax or anyone else knocking us off our throne in the South. AND the nice thing is(once the playoffs start), we won't have to play ALL the other playoff teams, perhaps just two of them. And as we know, at that point, ANYTHING can happen ;

Fair enough, as fans we all hold our beliefs and I imagine that I would be just as assuming and stubborn in my beliefs regarding the Pats if the roles were reversed....Kudos to you! :)

However, I do think you may be taking JAX a little lightly. They have a pretty darn good D that looks like it will continue to improve, a pretty formidable tandem at RB, solid O-Line and a QB and WR's that could finally emerge as threats.....On paper this JAX team looks to be built to compete with the Colts this year.

Seriously, the Colts are going to be in a bit of trouble this year. They still play against the Jags, Texans and Titans so they're going to win the division, but it might be with 9 or 10 wins. Their lucky they have the best QB and one of the best WR tandems in the NFL because they are going to allow around 30 points a game this year.

The Dolphins will continue to be in a lot of trouble this year... and for many years to come.

I'd rather to be "lucky" to have Peyton Manning then a bunch of scrubs like you have on offense. Nice pick with Ginn. Maybe he can see the field a few times a game returning the ball 20 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes