PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tallying the Colts player losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dolphins will continue to be in a lot of trouble this year... and for many years to come.

I'd rather to be "lucky" to have Peyton Manning then a bunch of scrubs like you have on offense. Nice pick with Ginn. Maybe he can see the field a few times a game returning the ball 20 yards.

Heh!

Note to newbies around here... Ryan might be a Colts fan but he routinely contributes some decent football knowledge... as evidenced by the above post! ;)

No doubt there've been some player losses from the Colts - and some significant ones at that... but I doubt too many fans, players or coaches are writing off the Colts just yet.

As far as the Dolphins, that's an organization that takes one step forward and two steps back ... and yet I still can't forget that with 3 weeks to go last season the Dolphins had a chance at the playoffs... so I don't count anyone out in August.

Trying to kill time at work on a slow Friday afternoon, so just for fun: I'd like to see all the players the Colts lost listed in one place, off the top of my head, I'll do my best job...

Cato June
Anthony McFarland
Tarik Glenn
Nick Harper
Dominic Rhodes
Brandon Stokley
Jason David
Montae Reagor
Mike Doss

Did I miss anyone?

Anyway, this thread wasn't as pointless in pointing out that the Colts are now finding out the hard way that being a Super Bowl championship team isn't easy.

After hearing Curran on EEI today and reading one of his latest articles on MSNBC, I got to thinking - Super Bowl champs or not, I think the Colts were probably the third most talented team in the AFC last season, and they only likely got worse.

Bottom line, the Pats chief competition is San Diego. I'm not afraid of Indy.

Do NOT over-estimate San Diego.

Having watched alot of Skins games over the years-Norv Turner is an offensive genious and a mild mannered players coach you would want to play for. BUT...

1. He's non-confrontational. Skins players all but walked all over him. Shawn Merriman et al will be worse.

2. His teams racks up alot of injuries as the season progresses.

3. You just never know when he forgets to get his team physically prepared(in our opener with them in '99, they had a 21 pt lead with 7 minutes to go in the GAME, but somehow we rallied and won in OT. Then in the second meeting a few weeks later, we didn't have Michael Irvin, but somehow, we managed to complete 80% of our 3rd downs).

3. They would almost always get off to FAST starts(7-1, 6-2), but then as the season progresses, Norv would get OUT-coached, BADLY, especially in inner-division games.(As bad as the talent we had on the field for a number of years, we somehow whipped their butts almost every time) Look for his lone AFC West win to be against lowly Oakland in Dec.

4. As for saying it was Dan Snyder's fault for his demise there, that's a myth-Norv actually had MORE success with Snyder than before DN got there.

With that being said-Baltimore will likely be your closest threat. Or maybe Pitt.

Fair enough, as fans we all hold our beliefs and I imagine that I would be just as assuming and stubborn in my beliefs regarding the Pats if the roles were reversed....Kudos to you! :)

However, I do think you may be taking JAX a little lightly. They have a pretty darn good D that looks like it will continue to improve, a pretty formidable tandem at RB, solid O-Line and a QB and WR's that could finally emerge as threats.....On paper this JAX team looks to be built to compete with the Colts this year.

Jax DOES have a great defense, and no doubt, they will be stingy again this season, especially at home. I suppose they pose a threat, but I just don't think their QB and WR slots are going to be enough. Colts were able to beat three very tough defensive teams in PO's last season. Manning will guide the Colts to a 5-1 record within the Division. Couple that with wins over Falcons, Chiefs, and Raiders, and we are most likely 1-2 wins away from the Division Title. Sure, anything can happen, but I'll stick my neck out on that one.

You guys need to remember those guys in Baltimore too. Sure, we got AD from them, but there's a young feller name a Bart Scott, and an ol' feller name a Ray Lewis. And a couple others.

Their offense doesn't scare me. Their defense should at least get them to the playoffs, if not the AFCCG

PFnV

VA, thanks for helping me in my crusade to make this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes