PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk with Judge - Labor lawyer who deals with Unions every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated this with what I have since learned and it is not happy news. * Crappy morning update. Did not know that Goodell is the default arbitrator and was based on an assumption of a non biased arbitrator. (What a crappy union agreement) Goodel has Vincent giving the penalty because Goodall can't arbitrate a penalty he put in place. Goodell could claim he is unbiased, appoint himself, suspend Brady and Brady would miss games as this is fought.

All the more reason to sue the NFL and Goodell.

I highly doubt a law suite is in Brady's plan. What Brady has to do is get back on the field as fast as possible. Anything that helps facilitate his return is where the emphasis should and will be placed, IMO. On the field is where he will gain redemption, not in a court of law.

If you think that then you are naive. Only way to poke holes in this whole thing is through the court.

Brady ain't gaining any redemption taking the punishment. People already have their minds made up. So next step is to embarass the league and prove that this Wells report is nothing but a paid for narrative by the NFL

Sadly, with Goodell poising to make himself the arbitrator it completely shuts down the appeal option, leaving only a lawsuit left.

If you think that then you are naive. Only way to poke holes in this whole thing is through the court.

Brady ain't gaining any redemption taking the punishment. People already have their minds made up. So next step is to embarass the league and prove that this Wells report is nothing but a paid for narrative by the NFL

Ok, I say he won't sue, he will go to arbitration but not sue, you say he will sue. We'll find out who's right.

Next step discovery and lawsuit by Brady.
Gooody would be placing himself unnecessarily at great legal risk here appointing himself as arbitrator.
Brady's lawsuit would have a discovery field day with everything of Rogers's being fair game!
I dont think brady is going to go that route contrary to popular opinion. The whole legal thing may go deep into the season and that is only one of the reasons.

I just updated this with what I have since learned and it is not happy news. * Crappy morning update. Did not know that Goodell is the default arbitrator and was based on an assumption of a non biased arbitrator. (What a crappy union agreement) Goodel has Vincent giving the penalty because Goodall can't arbitrate a penalty he put in place. Goodell could claim he is unbiased, appoint himself, suspend Brady and Brady would miss games as this is fought.
wow. this kinda sucks!

No, you're naive if you think he can become whole again any other way.

Brady was hated long before this happened, those people that hate him will think he is guilty either way. Then you have the people that are on the fence about it. If Brady takes the punishment those people then say "he must have been aware like they said he was". He takes it to court and the a judge rules in favor of Brady and Wells and the NFL are made to look like idiots and overturns the punishment then some of those people say "well a court ruled in his favor which must mean the NFL was wrong".

Pretty simple stuff, really.

Brady was hated long before this happened, those people that hate him will think he is guilty either way. Then you have the people that are on the fence about it. If Brady takes the punishment those people then say "he must have been aware like they said he was". He takes it to court and the a judge rules in favor of Brady and Wells and the NFL are made to look like idiots and overturns the punishment then some of those people say "well a court ruled in his favor which must mean the NFL was wrong".

Problem is he'll have already served the suspension before there is a legal resolution.

It's looking more and more like Brady has no choice to take the 6-8 week suspension (my guess). The only other option I can imagine is to publicly request an unaffiliated neutral arbitrator and when Goodell refuses it will basically be an admission of the weakness of the report.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Brady can get whatever penalty overturned and still sue after for the harm caused to his reputation. IMO he will to try to get as much of his rep as possible OTOH even if he wins he can never be made whole.

It makes no sense for Brady to sue considering the time, money, effort, it will require with zero guarantee of the outcome. In fact he could come out looking worse. Pretty simple stuff, really.

Problem is he'll have already served the suspension before there is a legal resolution.

It's looking more and more like Brady has no choice to take the 6-8 week suspension (my guess). The only other option I can imagine is to publicly request an unaffiliated neutral arbitrator and when Goodell refuses it will basically be an admission of the weakness of the report.
This is he big problem and Iam sure one of the reasons this report was released so late.

Again you people are crazy if you think he isn't going to court over a 6-8 game suspension. The whole point in going to court is to prove the NFL was wrong handing out a suspension to begin with and get it overturned.

Why is it so hard for some people to see that?

Again you people are crazy if you think he isn't going to court over a 6-8 game suspension. The whole point in going to court is to prove the NFL was wrong handing out a suspension to begin with and get it overturned.

Why is it so hard for some people to see that?

Ahh, suing and going through arbitration are two different things. What are you talking about, arbitration, or a law suite?

What genius signed off on letting Go to Hell be the aribiter?

if brady appeals, the matter goes to goodell.

the nfl is a joke. maybe brady will just retire instead of dealing with all of this bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents