PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tagliabue for hall of fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMarker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
A few years after he left office, former commissioner Paul Tagliabue was a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He didn't make it and he never seems to be a finalist any more. I didn't really support him -- I didn't think he did anything special.

Now, thanks to Goodell, I've changed my mind. Labor peace. Player issue solved quickly and fairly. A smooth sailing ship. I think he deserves it now. I just took his tenure for granted.

I can see why owners might prefer Goodell....He is more of aggressive in getting what he wants. He locked out the players to squeeze money out of them. He did the same thing to the officials (although the colossal "Immaculate Deception" kind of defeated that one). Now, he's trying to take more power from the NFLPA by stretching the envelope on everything. He'll get what he gets on the Brady case, and if he loses, he'll just try again on then next one.

Tagliabue seemed to wanted everybody to get something. Goodell just wants to crush everybody, and bullies will ultimately meet their match. I think Tagliabue is underappreciated.

Tagliabue won't get in while Goodell is Commissioner because Goodell does not like Tags.

tagliabue overturned goodell in the saints bounty case and goodell was pissed.

They could dig up the corpse of Rozelle and he would be a better commissioner than the POS.

Tag looks HoF because of his successor. Was pretty good regardless of Goodell

A commissioner is like a cornerback: the good ones don't get noticed

I never noticed Tags

Tagliabue gets a little bit smarter every time Scheisskopf opens his ignorant pie-hole.

The owners don't like Tags because they feel he gave up too much to the players in the last CBA he negotiated. Obviously, Goodell hates him because Tagliabue has been very critical of Goodell publicly and overturned the Bountygate suspensions.

Granted the more Goodell steps in it, the more support to Tags to the Hall will grow. Also many of the old school owners who hate him are dying off.

The owners don't like Tags because they feel he gave up too much to the players in the last CBA he negotiated. Obviously, Goodell hates him because Tagliabue has been very critical of Goodell publicly and overturned the Bountygate suspensions.

Granted the more Goodell steps in it, the more support to Tags to the Hall will grow. Also many of the old school owners who hate him are dying off.
I might add the retired players may have gotten a better settlement under Tags. Not all on Goodell but seriously the retired players got screwed on the concussion settlement ... these owners and Goodell are more devious than honorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST