PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tabloid news on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Ron Borges? said:
Also, I read it in the newspaper and it's not on the front page, so you must be referring to the web site.
The picture on the Herald's web site, labled " TODAY'S FRONT PAGE" seems a little odd then.
94047_bh_Jul202006_A001.001.jpg

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/?title=PrintEditionNews

I think Tyler Faith should be hired by the Patriots as a special consultant/director of social "services" for players and staff. That way indiscretions like this can be kept in-house and out of the tabloids.

Crowpointer said:
I really was. Johnson was in first class and came back and talked to Felger (I was on the flight with Felger going out as well)..............

****erson was by himself.
at first I was sceptical of you Crowp, but the observation about ****erson saves you.

wait. now I think of it, I'd figure ****erson to always be by himself and I'll never be in the press section on a plane with him.

nevermind

Broomer said:
at first I was sceptical of you Crowp, but the observation about ****erson saves you.

wait. now I think of it, I'd figure ****erson to always be by himself and I'll never be in the press section on a plane with him.

nevermind
When I was waiting to board the plane I saw Felger waiting as well working on his laptop. ****erson walked up wearing a long leather trench style coat (it looked terrible). He saw Felger and chirped "Hi Michael" . Felger looked up and just grunted with an expression that said oh no not you. It was very funny .

Let's all let this one go and let BB and his lawyers sort it out, no matter how true/false/whatever it is....

Coach is a candidate for Canton, not Sainthood.

PatsFanSince74 said:
Coach is a candidate for Canton, not Sainthood.
Beautifully said.

Of course, those who'd like to rush to judgement now based on the bleatings of those two fat pigs should be sure to leave a forwarding address for the appropriate mocking when the rest of the facts become known.

Pats67 said:
Might be a good time to remind fans that - in the words of Roger Angell - they are what they do. Their personal lives have nothing to do with you.

Great quote from a great writer. Too bad the sports media hasn't figured this out. In a typical day, the headlines will include steroids, arrests, motorcycles, holdouts, etc. etc. Gimme some sports news, d%#*!@t!

Unfortunately, this IS a big story.
It will overshadow a lot of football ... unless/until the case is dismissed, settled, or adjudicated.

The judiciary in our society allows itself to be used by persons with objectives unrelated to the law.

William Belichick is the single most important person in this franchise. (Yes,
more so than Robert Kraft; more so than Thomas Brady; more than ... )
THAT is why this story is so central to the aspirations of all Patriots fans.

Heaven only allow that it blow over quickly.
But ... regardless of the truth of the claim ... we been stung, friends!

flutie2phelan said:
It will overshadow a lot of football ... unless/until the case is dismissed, settled, or adjudicated.

The judiciary in our society allows itself to be used by persons with objectives unrelated to the law.

I find it to be tabloid gossip at its worst. Looks like the Herald has become the Inquirer or Star. Today, we have crisis all over the world, a broken tunnell, much pain and suffering al over, etc etc and that is the best they can come up with for the front page.

I find the Herald to be disgusting and revolting, a real hatchet job, that only a jerk like Borges could enjoy.

The mans personal business should stay private, he has kids, a wife and a life. It really is not anyones business what goes on outside of football.

I wonder if the Herald will put a retraction or clarification on the front page if this happens to be wrong or turns out to be simply a case of an estranged husband trying to cash in on a famous HC?

Pure Bullspit - Shame on you Boston Herald, the world will be a better place when you are out of business.

OHMYGOWD! A Right Wing 'values based' newspaper running a story based on completely unsubstantiated claims! ON the FRONT PAGE! Smearing a very popular local figure! That isn't possible is it? I thought only the liberal media did such things to sell newspapers!!!!!!!:singing:

Like my namesake, I obviously made a HUGE mistake. I had the Globe and Herald folded in half this morning at work and read them before looking at the cover. Then when we started talking about it on here, for some reason I just assumed the story ran in the Globe (perhaps because of all the Borges lines thrown my way). So when someone mentioned the front page, I looked at the Globe and not the Herald. After looking at the Herald, I now see what everyone is talking about and why they are up in arms. I still don't see anything wrong with what the authors wrote because like I stated in an earlier post, this is mentioned in a public court document and it was going to come out sooner or later and I don't think the authors took any cheap shots at BB. But at first, all I saw was the story inside the paper. After seeing the cover, I admit this is disgraceful and I'm now on board with the rest of you. I still think it's newsworthy to mention but to put that on the front page like that is a smear job that's uncalled for. I apologize for being a little mixed up (again like my namesake). The way the Herald portrayed this is nothing more than mickey mouse, chicken**** journalism. All I can say is poor John Thomase. Poor John Thomase.

AStack75 said:
Need pictures of the other woman to make any judgment on this.

That's the spirit! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares if BB ***** somebody's wife? He's won us three SB's, repeat... he won us three SB's. As fans we owe this man so much; I would let him bone my girlfriend if he insisted (that's if I had one). :D

flutie2phelan said:

F2P, this is the first post on this whole thread that ring true with anything I am feeling right now. I agree that BB's personal life is none of our business. HOWEVER, when one of your constant mantra's is,"Don't do anything to embarass yourselves or the franchise," you have to admit that opens you up to more scrutiny. He has embarassed the Krafts, the Patriots organization, his wife, his children and ALL of us!

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Like my namesake, I obviously made a HUGE mistake. After seeing the cover, I admit this is disgraceful and I'm now on board with the rest of you. I still think it's newsworthy to mention but to put that on the front page like that is a smear job that's uncalled for. I apologize for being a little mixed up (again like my namesake). The way the Herald portrayed this is nothing more than mickey mouse, chicken**** journalism. All I can say is poor John Thomase. Poor John Thomase.

Maybe he'll just stay on the Sox beat.

Actually after milking this for all it was worth on his radio show today, Felger started wimpering a bit as the 7PM hour approached about how he hoped what the Herald editor decided to do with this story doesn't hurt him at Gillette. Says (aside from speculating about it all day on the radio) he has NO intention of asking Belickick what's up with this? That's chicken **** too - when Felger the talk show host wants to use a Herald piece as fodder for his radio show all day while Felger the beat columnist for the Herald is not willing to even broach the same story with it's subject.

That's why so many of us have come to believe that with few exceptions the switch hitting Boston sports media are inherently the real pond scum in NE.

Crowpointer said:
The only mistress Bill has is football. He was seperated from his wife because all his time went to football. Whatever time was left went to his kids. I met the broker who sold him his condo in Blackrock in Hingham. She said that she checked in on him a month after he was living there and he was living on a mattress on the floor. He just slept there. All his time was spent in the football offices, let alone a married woman in New Jersey.
AM I the only one to call bs on this load?

Bill's Girl said:
F2P, this is the first post on this whole thread that ring true with anything I am feeling right now. I agree that BB's personal life is none of our business. HOWEVER, when one of your constant mantra's is,"Don't do anything to embarass yourselves or the franchise," you have to admit that opens you up to more scrutiny. He has embarassed the Krafts, the Patriots organization, his wife, his children and ALL of us!

Excuse me, but what has he done? Seems even his accuser isn't entirely certain since he's asked the courts if he can ask him to clarify that himself. And don't presume to speak for ALL of us. I'm more embarassed by what your bandwaggon fan reaction than anything I know Bill has done so far.

Yeah I'm not willing, at the moment to believe this guy is telling the truth. Who knows...its sort of sucky news but to say it has embaressed the Krafts, the Organization and the fans is 100% RIDICULOUS. If he wasnt here the Krafts and the Organization wouldnt have won 3 superbowls so quick once he arrived. So the fans, the Krafts and the organization have nothing to be embaressed about. He's has done a hell of a lot to get the Pats where they are today. I'm not mentioning his family, but the organization? no, the Krafts? no, and the fans shouldnt be embaressed after all hes done for the team. It sucks to see this come up right before training camp and the start of a new season, which is a promising one.

ClosingTime said:
AM I the only one to call bs on this load?
Wow the trolls after me. :trolls: The Broker is a soccer Mom whose kid is on my kids team . I'd introduce you next fall but we don't allow trolls on the South Shore.

Last edited:
I hope we get more important news in the future.
Bill's been through quite a bit over the last couple of years- we don't need this garbage. Let it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes