PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tabloid news on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's Girl said:
F2P, this is the first post on this whole thread that ring true with anything I am feeling right now. I agree that BB's personal life is none of our business. HOWEVER, when one of your constant mantra's is,"Don't do anything to embarass yourselves or the franchise," you have to admit that opens you up to more scrutiny. He has embarassed the Krafts, the Patriots organization, his wife, his children and ALL of us!

I'm not embarassed at all by BB. I'm embarrassed for the gossip columnists who earn a living by digging up dirt on other people. What a pathetic way to live your life. It's not just these two "duplicitious pond scum", it all them out there. Preying on celebrities. Get a life.

Ofcourse words getting around, I was on ESPN forums(ok I dont know why but I was :() and there are some Jets turds posting the BB thing all over the place, pretty ridiculous if it gets a lot of publicity. I'm sure these people will be pleased with themselves however.

Bill's Girl said:
He has embarassed the Krafts, the Patriots organization, his wife, his children and ALL of us!

Well I am glad that we dont rush to judgement around here. The husband said it so it must be true. Judge jury executioner, case closed. What I am embarrased about is that this story was front page which makes me questions human evolution. Talk about not having your priorities in order. Out of all the stories about problems, concerns, wars, poverty etc etc a problematic relationship is more important then all of that.

It is pathetic and no I am not embarrased about what BB ALLEGEDLY did so you are not speaking for me.

I guess anything is possible. But does what you read really sound like Bill Belichick ?? It just doesn't seem to fit his persona at all. I have to admit that I am hugely skeptical until something concrete comes out. The husband seems wierd. This has supposedly been going on for years and he's just now doing something about it ? Strange, strange, strange. Guess we'll just stay tuned.

flutie2phelan said:
Unfortunately, this IS a big story.
It will overshadow a lot of football ... unless/until the case is dismissed, settled, or adjudicated.

The judiciary in our society allows itself to be used by persons with objectives unrelated to the law.

William Belichick is the single most important person in this franchise. (Yes,
more so than Robert Kraft; more so than Thomas Brady; more than ... )
THAT is why this story is so central to the aspirations of all Patriots fans.

Heaven only allow that it blow over quickly.
But ... regardless of the truth of the claim ... we been stung, friends!
f2p, you're a good poster but I have to respectfully disagree with you here.

It's so NOT a big story that here, 16 hours or more after the Herald broke the story, that of the editors of espn.com, cbs.sportsline.com, foxsports.com, nfl.com or si.com, NONE have deemed it worthy of so much as a mention on their NFL home pages.

It just goes to show how desparate the editors at the Herald are to generate business. With Israel bombing Lebanon and Hezbollah shooting rockets into Israel, with the price of oil hovering near record levels, with a tropical storm on a near-miss course with Cape Cod, with the Ted Williams Tunnel shut down and a water main leak in South Boston, with Ben Bernanke and the Fed signaling a sea change in the interest rate policy and Bush exercising the first veto of his 6-year-long presidency on stem cell research, THIS is what they choose to devote their front page to - the WHOLE front page. They are really trying to appeal to the cerebral, aren't they?

This story belongs not on the front page but on the gossip page, because that's all it is - gossip.

Someone should murder the people who write the Track, they may be the most annoying people on the planet.

I honestly don't care about this story b/c Bill Bellichick could do something worthy of ending up on an Law and Order SVU episode and I'd probably forgive him.

fgssand said:
I find it to be tabloid gossip at its worst. Looks like the Herald has become the Inquirer or Star. Today, we have crisis all over the world, a broken tunnell, much pain and suffering al over, etc etc and that is the best they can come up with for the front page.

I find the Herald to be disgusting and revolting, a real hatchet job, that only a jerk like Borges could enjoy.

The mans personal business should stay private, he has kids, a wife and a life. It really is not anyones business what goes on outside of football.

I wonder if the Herald will put a retraction or clarification on the front page if this happens to be wrong or turns out to be simply a case of an estranged husband trying to cash in on a famous HC?

Pure Bullspit - Shame on you Boston Herald, the world will be a better place when you are out of business.
You serious guy? Gail and Laura have been the gossip columnists of Boston for many years now. Now that they picked on Belichick you noticed? Get over it. Pro sports athletes, and yes, coaches cheat on their wives.

Yes he has kids....he HAD a wife...and yes he has a very PUBLIC life.

Would you have preferred another picture of a tunnel collapse or some pictures of Israelis firing missles on the front page? I'm sure you are always this critical on front page pictures on the Herald as you are today.

Last edited:
Seymour93 said:
That's the spirit! :D
Wow...someone actually has a sense of humor.

I find it hilarious how everyone here seems to feel that the Patriots players and coaches are beyond reproach.

They are all athletes and they constantly have women throwing themselves at them. Guys are pigs....including our Patriots. If you guys really believe otherwise, you are being ignorant on the lives of pro athletes.

I'm sure I'll get flamed on for this post...so flame away.

Seymour93 said:
Who cares if BB ***** somebody's wife? He's won us three SB's, repeat... he won us three SB's. As fans we owe this man so much; I would let him bone my girlfriend if he insisted (that's if I had one). :D
Haha.... After NE won SB36, a common saying going around the room was Troy Brown can ---- my mother.

---- meaning "go out, buy a nice Bentley, clean it up, pick my mom up, buy her some nice jewelry, go eat at a classy restaurant, be very cordial, and have a nice meal with"

If BB came down the street in Oxford, I’d recognize him at once, probably go up to him, shake his hand and say “thank you†for all he’s done for the Patriots and the pleasure they’ve given me. That’s part of celebrity. It will happen to him and Brady and Bruschi and Troy to their dying day.

But when things take place in people’s lives that are painful, having them known about by strangers makes it worse. Think of how we would feel if we or our families were reading about this stuff on a web-site in relation to us. Should we not know about bad things happening in celebrities’ personal lives, then? If they’ve happened and they are known about by others I don’t see how newspapers can be expected not to report them (though to do it in the way that the Herald did is despicable – it just invites the vultures and voyeurs).

I’m interested in everything that affects the Patriots. Nothing is more important to that than the Head Coach and his state of mind. I’m interested in his taste in music, the fact that he likes lacrosse and (yikes!) his taste in pullovers – so I can’t deny that I’ve got an interest in his personal life. How can it not affect him as a coach?

But I also care about him and his family and I know what it’s like to go through this sort of trouble. I think we should show respect – accept that there are limits to how far we should take our curiosity, keep him and his family in our thoughts and shut up about it if we possibly can.

AStack75 said:
You serious guy? Gail and Laura have been the gossip columnists of Boston for many years now. Now that they picked on Belichick you noticed? Get over it. Pro sports athletes, and yes, coaches cheat on their wives.

Yes he has kids....he HAD a wife...and yes he has a very PUBLIC life.

Would you have preferred another picture of a tunnel collapse or some pictures of Israelis firing missles on the front page? I'm sure you are always this critical on front page pictures on the Herald as you are today.

So, you defend a baseless public stoning on the grounds that coaches and athletes cheat on their wives? As for his marriage, my understanding was that they reconciled - either way, notihng changes, there are still very innocent people that have been harmed here. Just becasue they are public figures dows not mean it is right or they deserve to be treated this way.

As for your favorite gossip columnists, I am aware they have been spewing their venom for years, this being a Patriots group seemed like the logical place to discuss their hatchet job on BB.

Here's a little more on those fine reporters that clearly performed a public service for posters like 'Bills Girl' (ironic that she would be the first to bail on her hero, right?), letting them know how much they have been personally embarrassed by someone they don't even know:

Yeah, you can believe what these girls say

Last edited:
I think this is a telling passage:

“I wish we were perfect,†Fee says about the column. “We’ve been doing this for 15 years. So if we write 60 items a week, times 50 weeks a year, that’s 3,000 items per year. Times 15 years—that’s, what, 45,000 items? We’re gonna make a few mistakes.â€

Deborah Schoeneman, author of 4% Famous, who has written gossip for the New York Observer, New York magazine, and the New York Post, doesn’t buy that defense. “The lesson I learned is that you should call everyone,†she says, “because the person feeding you the information could be an enemy or have an agenda. You have to check that stuff. Any reputable publicatio would.â€

Pats67 said:
I think this is a telling passage:
This is just typical os these smut girls..I really do not read them..or care about them,,,as I said..you remember the busy bodies in the 5th grade that kept talking about anyone and everything?? Add 40 years and you have what these pea brains have.. Someonw should ahve washed their mouths out with soap years ago...

Pats67 said:
Here's a little more on those fine reporters that clearly performed a public service for posters like 'Bills Girl' (ironic that she would be the first to bail on her hero, right?), letting them know how much they have been personally embarrassed by someone they don't even know:

Yeah, you can believe what these girls say

I am NOT bailing on Bill.....

I have a degree in paralegal studies and I can tell you that being deposed is a serious matter. The reason this story "broke" is because there is a hearing scheduled in a few weeks to determine if BB can be deposed in this divorce case. The husband wants custody of his kids and does not want to pay alimony. If he can prove his wife had an extra marital affair, then he strengthens his case. And yes, I am aware that everything alleged in a divorce case is not gospel. This however is fairly easy to prove....phone records......bank transactions....limo payments....hotel payments. The paper trail over 10+ years would be huge! You can believe what these girls are saying in this case because their info is coming from court papers, not idle gossip!

What I find IRONIC is what I said originally.....he preaches to his players to stay out of trouble and not embarrass the franchise. If this is true or if this is false, it is still embarrassing.

Do I love and respect him as a coach? YES! Do I agree with alleged inpropriety in his personal life? NO!

No offense everyone, but I have the right to feel dissapointed in my "hero."

And by the way Pats67 I HAVE met BB.....HugeCrush and I took a half a day out of work, drove 8 hours round trip to meet our "hero" and hear him give a speech about how the only thing of real value we have is our REPUTATION!

I seriously apologize for speaking for everyone in my first post, please forgive this mistake.

As Michael Strahan's divorce shows, this incident can be very very ugly.

There were outrageous accusations, like Strahan being gay.

Strahan's pictures were also posted all over the NY Post and Daily News.

The NY papers can be brutal.

In the words of our friend David Ortiz, that is some fuuuuukking bullcheet.

You bailed. You took the 'report' from these two overwrought lying extortionest hags at face value with no recognition of the difference between truth and innuendo. No recognition that you, me, the Track sows, or anybody else has absolutely no clue what really happened here. No recognition that the plantiff is being accused of unstable and threatening bahvior in the same case. No recognition that celebrities of all types are routinely exposed to this very same sort of threat for one simple purpose: money, and fame.

No, you simply believed what was written, with no recognition of how twisted the journalism profession has become, and no recognition that the legal system can be as corrupt as it entertains the delusional rantings of just about anyone with the cheese to pay a lawyer, and no recognition that all it took was one salacious gossip column for you to flip on a man that - despite his life as a public figure - is as deserving as anyone of THE fundamental tenet of the American justice system - innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Instead you took it upon yourself to wail about how a man you don't even know had embarrassed YOU. Self-aggrandize much?

The only embarrassment was your post. And your assertion that whether its true or not, Bill Belichick has embarrassed the franchise runs a close second. Running third is your belief that 'you can believe what these girls say'. Check the Boston Magazine link I posted and tell me that again.

You're Bill's Girl all right. With friends like that, the man doesn't need any enemies.

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
I am NOT bailing on Bill.....

I have a degree in paralegal studies and I can tell you that being deposed is a serious matter. The reason this story "broke" is because there is a hearing scheduled in a few weeks to determine if BB can be deposed in this divorce case. The husband wants custody of his kids and does not want to pay alimony. If he can prove his wife had an extra marital affair, then he strengthens his case. And yes, I am aware that everything alleged in a divorce case is not gospel. This however is fairly easy to prove....phone records......bank transactions....limo payments....hotel payments. The paper trail over 10+ years would be huge! You can believe what these girls are saying in this case because their info is coming from court papers, not idle gossip!

What I find IRONIC is what I said originally.....he preaches to his players to stay out of trouble and not embarrass the franchise. If this is true or if this is false, it is still embarrassing.

Do I love and respect him as a coach? YES! Do I agree with alleged inpropriety in his personal life? NO!

No offense everyone, but I have the right to feel dissapointed in my "hero."

And by the way Pats67 I HAVE met BB.....HugeCrush and I took a half a day out of work, drove 8 hours round trip to meet our "hero" and hear him give a speech about how the only thing of real value we have is our REPUTATION!

I seriously apologize for speaking for everyone in my first post, please forgive this mistake.

Bill's Girl you have every right to feel the way you feel. But I want to ask you a question. You said that BB gave a speech about how "the only thing of real value we have is our REPUTATION". It sounds like that is very important to him. Do you honestly believe that BB would be STUPID enough to do anything to damage his reputation? Now these gossipmongers claim that there are receipts and what not. Did they see them? Or did the disgruntled husband only "TELL" them about it. How do we know how true all this stuff is? And what if these allegations and accusations are false? Is anyone going to appologize to BB for trying to RUIN his REPUTATION? I learned long ago that you can never rush to judgement when it comes to tabloids. They take some facts, mix it with fiction and sesationalism to blow it all out of proportion and try to destroy the target. I thought I was reading the National
Enquirer, not the Herald yesterday. You guys might think I'm crazy, but I hope this stuff is true. It would suck to see BB's reputation ruined for NOTHING!

mikey said:
As Michael Strahan's divorce shows, this incident can be very very ugly.

There were outrageous accusations, like Strahan being gay.

Strahan's pictures were also posted all over the NY Post and Daily News.

The NY papers can be brutal.

I know. I saw it. And then the wife took back what she said after she dragged the guys name and reputation through the mud. That was dirty, IMO.

And I would question the judgement of any adult who creates 'heroes' in their own mind. Like I said earlier, they are what they do, and that's the only right of expectation you have as a football fan. Anything else is the product of some unreasonable need YOU have.

As a friend said to me yesterday, the only thing he knows about Bill Belichick is that when he turns on his TV every week, Belichick is usually kicking the *ss of the coach on the other sideline, and that's all he needs to know about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes