PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl Thoughts and a prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
great and original as well. i haven't seen anyone of the national mediots break down the eli-plaxico stats like that. if bb's mantra is to take away a team's most important weapon, then he'll be concentrating on keeping burress out of the game, unless he's more worried about the running game. thanks again.

i'm starting to get comfortable with predicting a big pats win myself, but can't help but feel that i'm somehow jinxing them by doing so.

i'm starting to get comfortable with predicting a big pats win myself, but can't help but feel that i'm somehow jinxing them by doing so.

I am normally very paranoid and cognizant of the possibility of jinxing the Pats, but I have no qualms about saying I'm picking the Pats something like 45-13 against the Giants. I really think this is going to turn into one of those SB routs that is over by halftime.

It's math to me:

The score of the last game was 38-35. We are adding the rightside of our OL back and Kyle Brady. Kyle Brady means more formations and an even more efficient offense, and in particular, a better rushing attack. So I'm going to add 7 points to the Patriots offensive total.

I'm going to subtract the crummy defense, it was the worst defense of the year. The game plan was vanilla, and sure, we always play it straight in the first half, but we normally at least bend without breaking. We broke. I sincerely doubt BB and Pees will concoct a game plan that lets Manning beat them at this point, they have to respect him more. So, with the advantage of having already experienced playing Manning, with the defense playing far better than it was in Week 17, particularly in the red zone, I'm going to subtract one TD and turn another two offensive TDs into a FG. So they're losing 15 points.

The kickoff return might not exactly be a fluke, but I'm doubting it occurs again. I subtract 7 points there.

So 38+7 = 45.
35-15-7=13

That's how I safely come about at predicting my score. The Giants just can't stop us from scoring and there's no way I see us allowing them to score at will as they did in Week 17. If we get a quick lead, if we force them to pass, this game will be over by half-time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore