Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Can they still win the SB?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is not going to win anything this season. They simply don't have the weapons on offense, and the injuries to the defense have stopped them from being able to help out enough for this failure they have at WR.

BRADY NEEDS HELP!!!! Shoot, BB and Mcdaniels have been terrible at getting him help at the wideout position for years. Brady is loyal to a fault at this point, for not publicly calling out management for letting go of Welker and also finding him a suitable wideout to utilize. Lord knows there have been several nice choices in the off season like Mike Wallace and Reggie Wayne the year before last. Gronk needs to be forgotten at this point. His injuries are just to much to count on and he is unreliable. To expect Tom Brady in his last few seasons to try and win a SB with Edelman as his best WR is pathetic. Amendola with his injury history was a horrible guy to try and replace Welker with and pay him all of that money. He's been pretty much useless this season.

BB and Kraft owe it to Tom Brady to do everything possible in the off season to get as many free agents as possible to help this QB out.

Brady is loyal to a fault at this point, for not publicly calling out management for letting go of Welker and also finding him a suitable wideout to utilize.

I don't think we should "blame" Tom Brady for doing his job, trusting in the system and Bill Belichick, and working hard to replace a player they no longer saw value in. Julian Edelman is on pace for what? 100-110 catches on the season, at 715k dollars this year. The problem was obviously Hernandez killing someone and Gronkowski tearing his ACL...nothing more.

If he had publicly complained as you're calling for him to do, he wouldn't really be Tom Brady, now would he? You're really going to call out a guy for trusting management and being a team player. They had the #1 offense in the league when Gronk was here for 7 games. There wasn't any problem at all.

Lord knows there have been several nice choices in the off season like Mike Wallace and Reggie Wayne the year before last.

If you remember, they made a very nice deal to Reggie Wayne, reportedly for more money than Indy offered him. He decided to stay home in Indy. What can you do?

As far as pursuing Mike Wallace for 12/13 million a year....you've really got to be kidding me.

Gronk needs to be forgotten at this point. His injuries are just to much to count on and he is unreliable. To expect Tom Brady in his last few seasons to try and win a SB with Edelman as his best WR is pathetic. Amendola with his injury history was a horrible guy to try and replace Welker with and pay him all of that money. He's been pretty much useless this season.

They went into the year with Hernandez and Gronkowski as their top 2 receivers, and Edelman has effectively replaced Welker at least value-wise for the money. They also utilized 2 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft and had another UDFA step up in a starting role. On top of that, they went out and brought in Amendola. The problem isn't the loss of Welker, even though I wish he had stayed.

BB and Kraft owe it to Tom Brady to do everything possible in the off season to get as many free agents as possible to help this QB out.

Please show us exactly how this can be done in regards to the salary cap. We'll be lucky to be able to keep most of the core guys that we want to keep, let alone make big splashes in free agency from outsiders.

why the constant references to a now rotting turnip brain...Welker is bye bye...Edelman is a Patriot player...I root for the Patriots...Screw Wes Welker and whatever his life is about now...like he ever cared what me, you or any other Pats fan EVER thought. We owe him NOTHING. If he wanted to be a Patriot he would have been here this season. He didn't...and now he found out the hard way what it's like to play with a QB who only cares about himself and his stats, who laid him out to get slaughtered since game one..and guess what, here he is, Turniptown USA.

Do the Pats have a chance? anybody in the playoffs has a chance...HELLO??? now if you must bawk like a scared little lambie pie crying about how scared you are, then have at it...if that will stop this incessant whining and complaining about things that are PAST. No one knows what the future holds except that the Pats are IN the playoffs. Not the Rats that all you whiny little scared CL's blab about all the time..the PATRIOTS...AGAIN...OUR TEAM. This team you mock, degrade and constanly whine about was a missed 47 yard FG from a win today on the road ..in Miami..a place where we lost 20 + straight at one point. Stop crying.

I don't think we should "blame" Tom Brady for doing his job, trusting in the system and Bill Belichick, and working hard to replace a player they no longer saw value in. Julian Edelman is on pace for what? 100-110 catches on the season, at 715k dollars this year. The problem was obviously Hernandez killing someone and Gronkowski tearing his ACL...nothing more.

Hold on now, I'm not blaming Brady. I"m just saying that I think he should be more vocal about the lack of getting him help. The problem hasn't just been this off season. I've been complaining as a fan for years as to why they haven't replaced Moss with a better wideout for Brady since they traded Moss. To me, that's been the biggest problem in big games in the playoffs. It's a lot easier to shut down the middle of the field with the TE's and the slot receivers when there is no wideout to command attention. They've been horrible at getting wideouts with guys like Chad Johnson, Lloyd, and Tate. Go get the guy a real player that can stretch the field and have a big year with Tom. That will make all of the inside stuff really easy.

If he had publicly complained as you're calling for him to do, he wouldn't really be Tom Brady, now would he? You're really going to call out a guy for trusting management and being a team player. They had the #1 offense in the league when Gronk was here for 7 games. There wasn't any problem at all.

They weren't a better offense then the Broncos. I'm sorry, but I watch both teams and they were not as good as the Broncos. The Broncos simply have to many weapons for a guy like Manning to use.

If you remember, they made a very nice deal to Reggie Wayne, reportedly for more money than Indy offered him. He decided to stay home in Indy. What can you do?

I never saw that anywhere.

As far as pursuing Mike Wallace for 12/13 million a year....you've really got to be kidding me.

If I remember correctly the Patriots had some of the most cap room before the season and Tom also restructured. Not long ago around the trade deadline the Pats were one of the teams with the most money to spend. They are not some team with horrible cap issues right now. Not at all.

They went into the year with Hernandez and Gronkowski as their top 2 receivers, and Edelman has effectively replaced Welker at least value-wise for the money. They also utilized 2 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft and had another UDFA step up in a starting role. On top of that, they went out and brought in Amendola. The problem isn't the loss of Welker, even though I wish he had stayed.

They knew that Gronk was going to be out for a while. Hernandez was a big surprise and I'll give you that one. They needed a wideout more then anything though, and they decided to get Amendola and it's not that he didn't have a skill set to play Welker's role. He was similar, but his injury history was horrible and they way overpaid for him considering that history.

Please show us exactly how this can be done in regards to the salary cap. We'll be lucky to be able to keep most of the core guys that we want to keep, let alone make big splashes in free agency from outsiders.

I don't think that's exactly the case as you are describing it. Like I said before around the deadline, they had some of the most money to spend this year from a list of teams they showed. I figured they would have made a move for that WR in the Cleveland. Gideon or whatever his name is. I know that he has character issues and is one suspension away, but in Tom's last few seasons man take a flyer on the guy and hopefully they could get him to behave in such a great opportunity. Hell, they did with Moss.

I still think we can reach the SB based on good matchups, like the 2011 season. (facing Tebow Broncos and Ravens in playoffs)

We need to win the next two. If Dobson or KT play and can atleast stretch the field while Edelman/Amendola do their thing, I see us finishing 12-4. Boyce is sizeable downgrade from Dobson and KT and it showed Sunday.

1. #2 seed, divisional: Come on, we can win a home game vs. the post-Atkins Bengals or the post-Wayne Colts.

2. @ Broncos, AFCCG: We simply match up well. Brady will tear them apart like always. BB schemes against noodle arm. It's a great matchup for us.

I just can't see this current team winning three games in a row with two on the road to reach the SB. We need to beat the Ravens next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes