PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley Emerging as a team leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on Welker, although if you go back and look at Gronk's injury he yanked on his leg something fierce and I saw him do that a couple of times in this year's meeting against a few players. In Ridley's case he dove and speared him with his helmet so I question that one too. Needless to say yeah...I'm a little bitter about this guy :cool:

Agree that the Gronk injury was dirty as was the Brady one.

Look, I hate the guy and would love to see someone knock him out of the league with some deservingly brutal and painful injury, but I can't blame him for the Ridley one. If Ridley doesn't bring his head way, way down, Pollard pops him in the midsection.

The Gronk and Ridley injuries were not dirty. He didn't even touch Welker. The only injury that was dirty was the Brady injury.

Welker didn't touch, Gronk and Ridley injuries were legal, but I still think they were dirty. He led with his head, shooting himself at Ridley's head. Gronk their legs were tangled and he dragged him down by drapping himself on him instead of tackling. Though the argument can fairly be said that he had no other choice at that point.

Welker didn't touch, Gronk and Ridley injuries were legal, but I still think they were dirty. He led with his head, shooting himself at Ridley's head. Gronk their legs were tangled and he dragged him down by drapping himself on him instead of tackling. Though the argument can fairly be said that he had no other choice at that point.

How is leading with your head especially when a runner is doing the exact same thing dirty? Have you ever played football? What do you realistically expect a defender to do in that situation? That play was as clean as they come.

How is leading with your head especially when a runner is doing the exact same thing dirty? Have you ever played football? What do you realistically expect a defender to do in that situation? That play was as clean as they come.

He not only lead with his head, he lead with the crown of his helmet and launched himself at Ridley. You're supposed to do what you're instructed to do: wrap up, not launch yourself.

It's not like it was Ridley was directly in front of him and it would have been impossible to wrap up. He came in from an angle he could have easily just wrapped up instead of launching himself, leading with the crown of his helmet at Ridley

I have to wonder exactly what people were watching when I read things like this. Pollard didn't come anywhere close to leading with his head on that play. The majority of the impact was Ridley's head vs. Pollard's shoulder pad. As I said, Pollard would have actually been out of position on the tackle if Ridley didn't lower his helmet.

He not only lead with his head, he lead with the crown of his helmet and launched himself at Ridley. You're supposed to do what you're instructed to do: wrap up, not launch yourself.

It's not like it was Ridley was directly in front of him and it would have been impossible to wrap up. He came in from an angle he could have easily just wrapped up instead of launching himself, leading with the crown of his helmet at Ridley

lol this post can't be serious. I think a lot of people have a gross misunderstanding of the rules of football.
1) wrapping up isn't a rule and pollard didn't come in and lead with his helmet. Even if he did there is no rule against helmet to helmet contact against a runner.
2) Ridley lowered his helmet
3) the ****ifcation of football continues
Untitled2_original_crop_exact.jpg

I have no doubt that Pollard is out to intentionally injure game-impacting players. Proof is in the pudding as Bill Cosby liked to say.

Its not just coincidence that Pollard has injured team's best players. I believe in coincidence, but its time that his defenders admit that coincidence (in Pollard's case) has been drugged, tied to a table, stabbed, the body cut up and wrapped in Hefty trashbags and thrown over board somewhere in the Florida Keys.

You forgot poisoned and shot.

lol this post can't be serious. I think a lot of people have a gross misunderstanding of the rules of football.
1) wrapping up isn't a rule and pollard didn't come in and lead with his helmet. Even if he did there is no rule against helmet to helmet contact against a runner.
2) Ridley lowered his helmet
3) the ****ifcation of football continues
Untitled2_original_crop_exact.jpg

Posting pictures isn't going to help. It's Bernard Pollard. All logic goes out the window when he's involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back