PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sterling Moore waived, Derrick Martin signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( For a 22 year old UDFA he showed flashes, but ultimately got burnt too many times.

And those of you who blew me off in the Preseason when I said to my eyes, Moore had regressed . . . here's to you guys:rocker:

Too bad about Sterling. We'll always have that memorable play against Lee Evans in the AFC Championship Game.

I know that our secondary has been bad, but I'm not sure that releasing Sterling is the answer (or part of it).

Too bad about Sterling. We'll always have that memorable play against Lee Evans in the AFC Championship Game.

I know that our secondary has been bad, but I'm not sure that releasing Sterling is the answer (or part of it).

He'll probably end up back on the practice squad

He can't. Played in too many games.

He's been active for 8 games this year, which is the maximum allowed, as I recall. Yates says he's eligible.

He's been active for 8 games this year, which is the maximum allowed, as I recall. Yates says he's eligible.

Don't games played last year count?

EDIT: Otherwise, Ventrone would be eligible too I think.

Last edited:
I read the official rule, and it looks like you're right. We'll probably see Moore back on the PS if he clears.

Last edited:
Bad move on Moore IMO

He played man to man better than most of our CBs and we all know how good he is at stripping a ball away from the receiver (Last years AFFCG and this year with the long Manning pass to Thomas punch out early in the game that eventually was a big factor in the outcome later on that game)

I actually thought he would be better at corner than Arrington and the rookie Dennard and was starter material (on THIS defense only)

I think something happened OFF the field that perpetuated his dismissal.

Last edited:
If Moore got cut because he sucks, then why is Arrington still here?

Why is our whole secondary still here?,I think the 3-8 defense is the winning formula in NE :cool:

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the National Football League (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
  • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than eight games;
  • If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

Last edited:
Why is our whole secondary still here?,I think the 3-8 defense is the winning formula in NE :cool:

If they could generate consistent pressure with a 4 man line you'd be on to something.

So the same personnel men that misjudged the talents of Moore and countless other DBs is now bringing in a guy off the street named Derrick Martin? Okaay.

"Who cares" is the appropriate response to this personnel transaction.

New England Patriots cornerbacks currently on the 53 man active roster:

Devin McCourty
Alfonzo Dennard
Kyle Arrington
Marquice Cole
Derrick Martin

Hemmmmmm! ..... Cornerbacks ..... 2013 NFL Draft ;)

Yeah! That's the ticket! :eek:

New England Patriots cornerbacks currently on the 53 man active roster:

Devin McCourty
Alfonzo Dennard
Kyle Arrington
Marquice Cole
Derrick Martin

Hemmmmmm! ..... Cornerbacks ..... 2013 NFL Draft ;)

Yeah! That's the ticket! :eek:

Looking at that bunch as a whole makes it worse than looking at them on the field in action.

A scrubendary at its best for sure,I think 4 of them might be unemployed if it weren't for the Pats signing them.

5 words come to mind looking at that secondary.....GET-A-BETTER-PASS-RUSH

You know nothing other than negativity.

Carry on.

VrableJr, he may be negative as a politician's final TV ad before the election -- I'm not judging that -- but that is irrelevant as to whether he is correct. You can't possibly be upset, you can't possibly be wondering what will we do without S Moore? The Secondary is porous and S Moore is not part of the solution for an improved secondary. This move is very little except BB and staff thinking there may be an unknown upside to the new guy. If that is not the case, I assure you that the lack of S Moore's presence will not mean the Secondary is even worse.

S Moore may be a great guy. If he is I hope he finds work somewhere. It's tough thing to lose one's job especially when you are a bubble player. But the Secondary needs some mixing up. This move ain't much but it ain't going backwards....

Bad move on Moore IMO

He played man to man better than most of our CBs and we all know how good he is at stripping a ball away from the receiver (Last years AFFCG and this year with the long Manning pass to Thomas punch out early in the game that eventually was a big factor in the outcome later on that game)

I actually thought he would be better at corner than Arrington and the rookie Dennard and was starter material (on THIS defense only)

I think something happened OFF the field that perpetuated his dismissal.

If 'off the field' = in the film room grading his play, you may be onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft