PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
With our secondary, he can help the Jets offense tremendously. He does not have to catch any balls for that. All Sanchez has to do is heap the ball deep, they will get PI especially if Chung is back there. If Chung is not, Wilson and the rugby guy will allow him to get behind them and maybe he can come up with the ball.
You can judge him when you watch him against a defense, a real NFL defense.

That's all nice and well, but a catch can only be made if you have a QB in place who can throw. And that my friend, the Jets do not have.

The difference is he is 6 inches taller and even more than that in wing span compared to our DBs. It will give their QBs more of a chance to succeed.

The Jets have 2 Hills to worry about, in fact. I disagree that Stephen Hill would be a good pick for the Pats, we worry so much about receivers picking up the NE offense, there's nothing in his resume to suggest he would fit in right now. He's a burner, but he has bad hands and receiving technique, and he's very unpolished with his route running.

The question of whether we could use a burner like him, however, is a different debate.

Last edited:
The Jets have 2 Hills to worry about, in fact. I disagree that Stephen Hill would be a good pick for the Pats, we worry so much about receivers picking up the NE offense, there's nothing in his resume to suggest he would fit in right now. He's a burner, but he has bad hands and receiving technique, and he's very unpolished with his route running.

The question of whether we could use a burner like him, however, is a different debate.

I agree that I think Hill would have been a bad choice for the Pats. He has yet to show anything that would prove that he could pick up the Pats' offense.

hill will probably be a great receiver...in 2 or 3 years...or when he leaves the jets.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android
He's got a chance to be great this week.

For me the red flag on Hill was his very weak 3-cone time, which I think gives a pretty good indication of their route running potential. He still might be a decent pickup if the Jets decide to blow things up as a result of a failed season.

I'm almost considering starting him in fantasy. The patriots can't cover anyone tall/fast like Hill. I see him having a big game.

I do not recall drafting a meaningful addition at WR since David Givens in 2002. I am sure I am forgetting someone.
If this is true, then lucky for Mr. Hill we did not draft him.

I do not recall drafting a meaningful addition at WR since David Givens in 2002. I am sure I am forgetting someone.

Deion Branch says hi

(was picked several rounds earlier)

2012 7 28 235 Jeremy Ebert
2010 3 26 90 Taylor Price
2009 3 19 83 Brandon Tate
2006 2 4 36 Chad Jackson
2004 5 32 164 P.K. Sam
2003 2 13 45 Bethel Johnson

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/team-position/patriots

With all but Tate currently out of the NFL or on IR (Taylor Price), The best WR drafted by the Patriots, post-2002, may end up being a QB drafted in the 7th round.

Last edited:
He seems like just the type of WR that burns us weekly. Not the primary receiver on the team, tall, and fast. I guarantee he will draw at least one terrible PI.

I guarantee he will draw at least one terrible PI.

You don't need Stephen Hill for that. My late grandma would draw a PI off that secondary... :rolleyes: :p

Incredible talent, but still outrageously raw.

Looks like Randy Moss one play, Troy Williamson the next. His hands and general ball skills aren't close to where they need to be, but physically the guy's a freak. He will cause problems to anyone with his size/speed, whether he can take advantage of that is anohter problem.

Incredible talent, but still outrageously raw.

Looks like Randy Moss one play, Troy Williamson the next. His hands and general ball skills aren't close to where they need to be, but physically the guy's a freak. He will cause problems to anyone with his size/speed, whether he can take advantage of that is anohter problem.

I always like to think that really the number one important thing for a receiver is 'hands'.

If you don't have 'em, what are you?

You can probably teach everything else or scheme out something to make use of you, but without hands... what's the point?

Has any receiver ever started off as stone hands and made a career for himself? I figure after a decade of playing football, there's little an NFL rookie can do to improve his hands.

I always like to think that really the number one important thing for a receiver is 'hands'.

If you don't have 'em, what are you?

You can probably teach everything else or scheme out something to make use of you, but without hands... what's the point?

Has any receiver ever started off as stone hands and made a career for himself? I figure after a decade of playing football, there's little an NFL rookie can do to improve his hands.

He'll probably never turn into a probowler for them, but it's enough to worry about that he certainly has the potential to cause us some problems, that's for sure.

I think his size and halfway decent speed does that. We've definitely seen WR's of lesser talent make the secondary look foolish at times. I don't really see Stephen Hill as anything in the mold of Calvin Johnson, but JASON Hill could cause this team some problems, let alone Stephen Hill.

he'll draw a few 40 yard PI calls.....

i really hate that ****.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick