PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen Gostkowski On IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has Gostkowski ever made a big time late clutch kick?

Well, he kicked the game winner in overtime against the Ravens. Perhaps your memory is failing you...

Last edited:
Well, he kicked the game winner in overtime against the Ravens. Perhaps your memory is failing you...

:confused: @ considering a 35 yard FG a "big time clutch kick".

If that is seriously the most impressive late-game clutch kick you can think of for him, you're proving me point....

The husker fan in me says that we should draft Alex Henery next year. I think hes better than the Ghost right now. And he can punt too so if something god forbid happens to mesko we have a guy that can step right in.

Torn Quad !! ouch :eek:

how and where did this happen

The husker fan in me says that we should draft Alex Henery next year. I think hes better than the Ghost right now. And he can punt too so if something god forbid happens to mesko we have a guy that can step right in.

6'2", 175? :eek:

Last edited:
:confused: @ considering a 35 yard FG a "big time clutch kick".

If that is seriously the most impressive late-game clutch kick you can think of for him, you're proving me point....

Yes, I consider a game winning kick, from a legitimate distance, in overtime, to be a big-time clutch kick. Only a fool wouldn't.

Last edited:
Yes, I consider a game winning kick in overtime to be a big-time clutch kick. Only a fool wouldn't.

And it's not like had tons of chances in, say, 2007 to kick game-winners (or, for that matter, 2008 or 2009).

But IIRC he's made something like 30+ consecutive kicks in the fourth quarter/OT.

Yes, I consider a game winning kick in overtime to be a big-time clutch kick. Only a fool wouldn't.

Cool dude, any time a kicker makes a FG in overtime it's now automatically a "big time clutch kick" regardless of distance or conditions. Good to know.

Cool dude, any time a kicker makes a FG in overtime it's now automatically a "big time clutch kick" regardless of distance or conditions. Good to know.

Call me when a 35 yard kick is just an extra point, by rule. Until then, you're just talking out of your ass on this.

Last edited:
Call me when a 35 yard kick is just an extra point, by rule. Until then, you're just talking out of your ass on this.

Now anything that isn't an extra point in overtime is clutch? Brilliant!

When has he missed a big time late clutch kick?

What does that have to do with him never making one? My response was to someone saying we'd miss him in the playoffs for late clutch kicks, which he has never made.

What does that have to do with him never making one? My response was to someone saying we'd miss him in the playoffs for late clutch kicks, which he has never made.

Ok, you're just trolling. My mistake. I was initially under the impression that you actually thought you had a point.

Ok, you're just trolling. My mistake. I was initially under the impression that you actually thought you had a point.

The ol "I disagree with you, so you're trolling" response. Classic.

If you really think a 35 yard regular season overtime field goal at home in fine conditions is a "big time clutch" kick then the best of luck to you.

It's not even about clutch kicks, it's just field goal kicks in general. Graham is the guy who shanked multiple sub-35 yard field goals in one playoff game, the same kind that you claim are gimmes.

Last edited:
The ol "I disagree with you, so you're trolling" response. Classic.

If you really think a 35 yard regular season overtime field goal at home in fine conditions is a "big time clutch" kick then the best of luck to you.

It's not because you disagree, it's because you're not admitting an obvious answer to your query. If that's because you don't understand what the word "clutch" refers to, I retract the trolling comment and suggest that you consult a dictionary.

It's not because you disagree, it's because you're not admitting an obvious answer to your query. If that's because you don't understand what the word "clutch" refers to, I retract the trolling comment and suggest that you consult a dictionary.

Perfect conditions, a quiet home crowd and the kicker lines up for a 13 yard field goal here in overtime...

...and it's good, right through the uprights! The Patriots win!

Deus: Wow! What a big time clutch kick! CLUTCH!

A 35 yard field goal isn't exactly a chip shot.

You probably should find a new sport to watch, anyway, if you didn't realize that it's physically impossible to kick a 13 yard field goal in the NFL.

Last edited:
Perfect conditions, a quiet home crowd and the kicker lines up for a 13 yard field goal here in overtime...

Ok, so it's your poor grasp of the English language. At least we've got it figured out now. Here you go:

Sports . an extremely important or crucial moment of a game: He was famous for his coolness in pitching in the clutch.
any critical position or situation; emergency: She kept complete control in the clutch.

Clutch | Define Clutch at Dictionary.com

: made or done in a crucial situation <a clutch hit>
: successful in a crucial situation

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clutch?show=2&t=1289425315

It's impossible to kick a 13 yard FG unless you somehow decide to forfeit the touchdown you just scored and snap the field goal attempt from 4 yards into the endzone.

Of course, I suppose you COULD attempt to position the holder only 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, but I'm guessing you'll just end up kicking the ball straight into the center's a**.

I'm sorry, I got so wrapped up in hypotheticals that I forgot what your point was...

It's impossible to kick a 13 yard FG unless you somehow decide to forfeit the touchdown you just scored and snap the field goal attempt from 4 yards into the endzone.

Of course, I suppose you COULD attempt to position the holder only 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, but I'm guessing you'll just end up kicking the ball straight into the center's a**.

I'm sorry, I got so wrapped up in hypotheticals that I forgot what your point was...

Time to stop responding as he has beclowned himself, again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference