PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen Gostkowski On IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if there is any good news it is that we got a solid replacement kicker in Graham....I am glad that we didn't have options like the deadskins and Cowboys went with last season....They each had a couple of kickers that couldn't cut it....Graham will be solid for us I believe....

You know, the Pats have lost some really significant players to IR - Faulk, Bodden, Warren, and now Ghost... but the media only talks about how the Colts have been devastated by injuries. Not that they haven't been, but the Pats have it pretty bad too and it doesn't seem to be talked about.

This might not seem like a big injury, but Gostkowski was one of the better kickers in the league at getting touchbacks, from what ive heard, shayne graham isnt a great kickoff guy, and his range isnt as good as gostkowski's either, this means alot for field position and close game situations.

as to who the patriots would have had to release to make room for graham in the event that Gostkowski was ok? dunno, seems like everyone is making a contribution this year, the patriots utilize alot of their roster to house developmental players who are too valuable to them to cut, wheatley for instance they had to value at least a little bit and he was practice squad eligible, unfortunately he was picked up by the jags, but it doesnt matter how many other FA corners you bring in here, if the patriots get another injury at corner (i think Arrington is hurt now too right?) all they have left is Wilhite and butler (who for some reason is completely shut down).

Fuggggggggg.

Graham will only be the 5th PK since 1993.

Scott "missin" Sisson
Matt Bahr
AV
Gost

5 kickers in 18 seasons. Not bad at all, considering some teams go thru 4 in a season.

Last edited:
Graham will only be the 5th PK since 1993.

Scott "missing" Sisson
Matt Bahr
AV
Gost

5 kickers in 18 seasons. Not bad at all, considering some teams go thru 4 in a season.

It was "Missin'" Sisson. Gotta have rhyme with the sarcasm. ;)

Never trust an injury report from Bill Belichick.

Torn quad? Ouch. Would be very interested to hear how the heck it happened!

So here's a running tally, in case you have Colts fans crying about their injuries:

starters:
DE Ty Warren
CB Leigh Bodden
OL Nick Kaczur
RB Kevin Faulk

special teams/key backups:
K Stephen Gostkowski
S Brandon McGowan

others:
S Josh Barrett
DB Brett Lockett
DL Darryl Richard

Last edited:
You know, the Pats have lost some really significant players to IR - Faulk, Bodden, Warren, and now Ghost... but the media only talks about how the Colts have been devastated by injuries. Not that they haven't been, but the Pats have it pretty bad too and it doesn't seem to be talked about.
I think that is due to the positions of the players who have been hurt. The Colts lost receivers and a well known TE who catches more passes than most WRs. The players the Pats lost were very important to the team, but not well known outside of New England except to hardcore NFL fans. On the other hand even casual fans recognized the names of most of those Colts players.

The players who catch, run or throw the ball have always received more than their share of attention by the media. The popularity of fantasy football has exacerbated that situation.

Quoted from the news post.

This is a family board so I can't post the words I really want to, so use your imagination.

son of an itch! mother fudging malechicken gobbling bull poop! Ga'll darn it to heck!!

In other words: I'm slightly upset.

Yeah, well, this won't be the thing that turns the season around.
There are bigger issues than the marginal difference between Graham and Gostkowski. Yes, it might cost a point a game. Better tackling, more pressure, that's worth a lot more than a point a game.

Too bad.

This is really bad news. I hope we don't have to count on Graham to make kicks for us in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down