PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers to beat Pats? No way

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Everyone is saying the Steelers have the best chance at beating the Pats. I agree, but they won't.

First off, besides losing to the Jets, they have an average offense, so they won't put up enough points even if their defense plays well.

Second, the experts are saying, "Ohh, well, the Steelers have exotic blitzes and can put pressure on Brady!" Nice, except, Brady will quickly get rid of the ball and pick apart single coverage. Unless a guy is coming unblocked up the gut, then no chance. Also, Brady usually works out of the shotgun for extra time in the pocket.

The fact that the Steelers blitz should hurt them in the end. I don't know why any expert thinks the Steelers have a shot in hell.

Everyone is saying the Steelers have the best chance at beating the Pats. I agree, but they won't.

First off, besides losing to the Jets, they have an average offense, so they won't put up enough points even if their defense plays well.

Second, the experts are saying, "Ohh, well, the Steelers have exotic blitzes and can put pressure on Brady!" Nice, except, Brady will quickly get rid of the ball and pick apart single coverage. Unless a guy is coming unblocked up the gut, then no chance. Also, Brady usually works out of the shotgun for extra time in the pocket.

The fact that the Steelers blitz should hurt them in the end. I don't know why any expert thinks the Steelers have a shot in hell.

1. Big Ben is NOT much of a pocket passer-one of the few GOOD things Mangini did this year was to put an extra defender at the LOS to spy on him and make sure he doesn't get out of the pocket. Overall, you saw how ineffective he was.

2. Don't the Steelers have a decimated secondary? Bad secondary = have to put a leash on the dogs = overall less pressure, which would be BAD in that scheme. Here in Dallas, b/c of injuries to Newman and Henry, Wade has been forced to play zone.

:blahblah:

You said it yourself, you agreed with the people you are criticizing, that the Steelers have the best chance. So what's your point?

Not many commentators are actually saying the Steelers will actually pull it off. Those that do are either "on any given Sunday" people (quite valid, actually) or need to say something, anything, other than "don't bother watching this show / reading this column until next season, the Pats have no chance of losing".

I am looking forward to tomorrow's game against the Steelers... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

You make some good points, but I dont agree that the steelers only have an average offense, they actually have a well above average offense. They have a top ten offense, I think it was rated fifth before the Jets game, so I think if the defense plays well the Steelers offense should be capable of scoring enough points. Personally, holding the Pats to under 30 points will be a tough task though and I think that if the steelers want to win this game they have to be able to score at least 28 if their defense comes out strong.

The only thing that worries me about the Steelers is their coach. He seems like a really good motivator. I think he gets guys to play harder for him, and will probably get their very best effort when they come here.

Now, I still dont think it will be enough to beat us... but I do think they will give it all they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft