PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers "surprised" and "caught off guard" by NE offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because coming into this game I was a little nervous because I figured there was no way Brady could spread them out as usual.

There's no way the Steelers would fall for that yet again, they must have something game planned for it so we would need to do something different.

I get the feeling Belichick had a completely different game plan devised but he decided that they would try spreading them out just a couple times to see if it still worked.

Kinda like how a criminal pulls a car door handle before smashing the window.

Belichick was probably like, oh hey, it's unlocked, forget that backup game plan. Just throw at will.

I was on The Steelers message board earlier today. They definitely are in full baby mode over there. They seem to think that their messageboard Super Bowl boycott will result in historically low ratings for this year's game. I didn't have the heart to tell them that this particular matchup will probably break records for the most watched TV program.

Well I am not so sure about breaking records. Outside the 5 1/2 New England states your probably only watching the game to see the Patriots lose. If the Patriots start right off by kicking ass and taking names people may tune away.

It should be a fun Super Bowl to watch though if you like offense. Unlike last years yawn fest of a Super Bowl. Almost every New England Super Bowl has been a last possession type of game that are always very exciting.

Last edited:
"Chris Hogan" is gonna be a bad word in Pennsylvania for a long time. Just whispering his name invokes a severe sense of fear, shaking and looking all over - he's invisible!! Where is he?!!?

Statements like this make me wonder if BB is really that good or are the other coaches just morons?

"Let me put it this way, you've ever heard of Plato? Socrates?"

"Yes?"

"Morons."...

or paraphrasing...

"You fell for one of the classic blunders. The first of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this - never go in against the Patriots when elimination is on the line."

Well, that was the idea at One Patriots Place (took the ball when we won the toss; came out in the no huddle; threw a perfect flea flicker). Looks like BB and JMcD are the Masters and guessed just right.

I heard the steelers were also surprised that the team with the most points and not the "likes" is declared the winner.

On Mike and Mike this morning they were talking about how the Steelers were unprepared for the 4 WR, 1 back set the Pats used. Apparently, the Pats only used a 4 WR, 1 back set only 10 times all season, but used it 19 times against Pittsburgh. Their point was "how could Pittsburgh have prepared for that."

So the Steelers said the Pats showed them something they had never seen before, yet the Pats used it several times before, to gr8 effect, against the Steelers?

That's like a rooster being caught off guard by a sunrise.

Last edited:
This quote was great too. You lose by 19 points, but you still try to say that your team was more physical.

“They out-executed us and it wasn’t like we weren’t physical,” said right defensive end Stephon Tuitt. “Their players made plays and over time that just happened. But they didn’t out-physical us and they know we out-physical-ed them. It was just unfortunate they were able to make their plays and get up the field on third down and that just killed us.

“It just sucks when you think that you were ready and it was there. We had all the pieces.”

Failure to convert haunts Steelers again in AFC Championship loss

The Patriots have been the more physical team pretty much all season. They were definitely more physical than the Steelers and Ravens and it showed.

This quote was great too. You lose by 19 points, but you still try to say that your team was more physical.

“They out-executed us and it wasn’t like we weren’t physical,” said right defensive end Stephon Tuitt. “Their players made plays and over time that just happened. But they didn’t out-physical us and they know we out-physical-ed them. It was just unfortunate they were able to make their plays and get up the field on third down and that just killed us.

“It just sucks when you think that you were ready and it was there. We had all the pieces.”

Failure to convert haunts Steelers again in AFC Championship loss

LeGarrette Blount says hi, that's just in case their entire defense missed it when he was carrying them.

Belichick game planning for the Steelers.

images

I mean....this would catch anyone off guard...

View attachment 15942

BTW: Artie BURNS is a terrible name for a defensive back. Just sayin'.

The greatest thing about that play was the entire stadium saw Hogan open before Brady even threw the ball. The stadium began cheering before the ball was thrown because they knew Hogan was about to catch a touchdown.

But they didn’t out-physical us and they know we out-physical-ed them.
This is Tomlin's sole contribution as a coach. Not thinking, not planning, not strategizing, not teaching. Just a rah-rah chearleader for this bully-boy meathead approach.

Oh, and by the way, Mikey, the Pats can take your "physical" and dish it back to you in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back