PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler fans fear the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually could care less about the Bruins, hockey..any of it. Never have, never will.

I can't get into hockey either. I don't even understand it. Seems silly to me.

I still love basketball though, sorry.

I liked the Celtics back in the day. They were my favorite team actually, but I haven't watched an NBA game on purpose in probably 15-20 years.

I understand the Steeler tradition and respect it, I already said that. There's also going to be bandwagon fans, you can't blame us for that. You have your tradition because you were a dynasty a long time ago while we were, well, sucking. How can you say we won't still have a fanbase 40 years from now as well though? You can't, you just don't know. None of us do.

You are right in that I can't say for sure what the Pats fan base will look like in years to come. However, I feel pretty confident in stating the Steelers fan base will be as strong as ever. I suppose I am just a bit on the defensive because of douchebags on this site such as the one and only Double G. He's giving you guys a bad name. I'll admit I don't really even hate Bilecheat as much as most. I kind of admire his focus in terms of turning a blind eye to media coverage and fashion (he should pass this trait along to Brady). Ne is a strong team right now, but my hatred is hard to hide. One of my friends isa from the NE area and is die hard Pats fan. He actually tried to help organize a party of sorts for December 9th. Despite our friendship, we told him he was honestly not permitted in the same room as us until after the game that day for the good of everyone.

I can't get into hockey either. I don't even understand it. Seems silly to me.

I liked the Celtics back in the day. They were my favorite team actually, but I haven't watched an NBA game on purpose in probably 15-20 years.

You are right in that I can't say for sure what the Pats fan base will look like in years to come. However, I feel pretty confident in stating the Steelers fan base will be as strong as ever. I suppose I am just a bit on the defensive because of douchebags on this site such as the one and only Double G. He's giving you guys a bad name. I'll admit I don't really even hate Bilecheat as much as most. I kind of admire his focus in terms of turning a blind eye to media coverage and fashion (he should pass this trait along to Brady). Ne is a strong team right now, but my hatred is hard to hide. One of my friends isa from the NE area and is die hard Pats fan. He actually tried to help organize a party of sorts for December 9th. Despite our friendship, we told him he was honestly not permitted in the same room as us until after the game that day for the good of everyone.

Sigh, you had me til you called him Belicheat.....I thought we could be friends:mad:

Sigh, you had me til you called him Belicheat.....I thought we could be friends:mad:

In all honesty, I never remember how to spell his name and I don't feel like looking it up. Bilecheat is easier to spell. Besides, I unfortunatley think you are going to have to get used to hearing that term independent of me. It may end up being a nickname that sticks. I really am not hung up on the cheating issue though. (although to quote Mike Tomlin on the issue, "Where there is smoke, there is usually fire") I do find the name funny, and I don't think I will be able to shed that one from my vocabulary.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I never remember how to spell his name and I don't feel like looking it up. Bilecheat is easier to spell. Besides, I unfortunatley think you are going to have to get used to hearing that term independent of me. It may end up being a nickname that sticks. I really am not hung up on the cheating issue though. (although to quote Mike Tomlin on the issue, "Where there is smoke, there is usually fire") I do find the name funny, and I don't think I will be able to shed that one from my vocabulary.

I understand that, but mind your manners, you don't insult your hosts and you are in Pats land. By the way, since you mentioned it. I remember Omar Epps saying that. I actually thought it was a really stupid thing to say. He was 1 week into his head coaching career...thought he maybe should of shut his mouth.

As I said, I don't doubt you filled stadiums prior to 2001. Aside from that, what stats can I offer you? I can only go off my personal experiences and impressions. Prior to 2001, I knew some Pats fans in college etc. All kept a low profile and clung tightly to the Red Sox. I never heard a peep from these bang wagon jumpers until 2001. Since then, they are all born again believers, and quite obnoxious at that.
As opposed to Steelers fans, who have simply always been obnoxious...

Look, what you're feeling is natural... you're jealous because the Patriots are meeting and exceeding the greatness of the Steelers of the 70's. Just come to terms with this and you'll feel much better.

I understand that, but mind your manners, you don't insult your hosts and you are in Pats land. By the way, since you mentioned it. I remember Omar Epps saying that. I actually thought it was a really stupid thing to say. He was 1 week into his head coaching career...thought he maybe should of shut his mouth.

Go easy on Omar. He addressed the running up the score issue this week in respense to a question from the media, and defended you guys to a degree. He basically said that its the offenses job to score an dthe defenses job to stop them. he also went on to say that if someone were running up the score on him, he would be more concerned with why his team couldn't stop it than why the other team was trying.

Omar Epps is actually a master at handling the media. His quote this week was classic I thought. The Pittsburgh media had a fit last week over not running the ball enough in Denver, so after the Cincy win, he makes a remark to the media after his post game comments saing "I hope we ran the ball enough for you this week". So some Pittsburgh media guy asks him Tuesday if being analysed by the Pittsburgh media is starting to bother or how he is handling that aspect of the job. He smiles and says that he finds the local media extremely entertaining. He goes on to say that he does read all of their "work" and he enjoys it. He says he reads it because he cares about what his players and piers have to say. Then he gets a straight face and explains calmly, "I read your work but in all seriousness, you're opinions mean nothing." It was classic or at least I enjoyed it.

I'll admit we were outcoached in previous playoff meetings against the Pats. Cowher was stubborn and simple minded. He was great at getting a team ready to play, but he was no x's and o's genius. Mike Tomlin is young, but he is far more intelligent. His approach is not emotionally based like Cowher. Like BB (good enough?), he takes a steady and even approach that is based on execution. The biggest difference between the Steelers of 2006 and the Steelers of 2007 is our improvement from an X's and O's standpoint. Tomlin was smart enough to keep LeBeau and he has set him free to do more experimental defenses while using more cover 2. In addition, our offense is far more flexible than in past years. This should worry the rest of the league more than anything else.

Oh, so you're a fair weather fan too. A fan of the Steelers and the Celtics... yeah, that's a natural combination. You must have been a fan of the Yankees too - "back in the day".

As opposed to Steelers fans, who have simply always been obnoxious...

Look, what you're feeling is natural... you're jealous because the Patriots are meeting and exceeding the greatness of the Steelers of the 70's. Just come to terms with this and you'll feel much better.

Make no mistake. The feeling is not one of jeoulousy. It is possible to dislike a team without being jeolous.

After you win a 4th, talk to me about the 70s. The Steelers' best team of the 70s failed to win it all so don't get ahead of yourself.

Oh, so you're a fair weather fan too. A fan of the Steelers and the Celtics... yeah, that's a natural combination.

How does that imply being a fair weather fan? I was a 12 year old white kid. Of course I liked Larry Bird. Don't be an a s s.

You must have been a fan of the Yankees too - "back in the day".

Nope.

He didn't defend us with spygate, but I did see his quote about the running up. I could care less, just thought he should be quiet in his 1st week, to each his own.
I actually didn't have the hatred for the Steelers that some do until after the games we won and players ran their mouths. I even tried slightly to cheer for Jerome in the Super Bowl. Now, after everything he has said, I wish I never did. To me, now, he is nothing but an excuse maker and a whiner. He and Hines Ward will never earn an ounce of respect from me, ever.
And, yes, BB is much better, thank you.

I actually didn't have the hatred for the Steelers that some do until after the games we won and players ran their mouths. I even tried slightly to cheer for Jerome in the Super Bowl. Now, after everything he has said, I wish I never did. To me, now, he is nothing but an excuse maker and a whiner. He and Hines Ward will never earn an ounce of respect from me, ever.

What exactly are even referring to that has rubbed you so wrong?

Warden, Does Lynn over at SteelerAddicts.com know you STOLE her sig and are using it while TROLLING?

loser.

I'm shocked cracky, calling me a douchebag. You come here shooting your mouth off about a game that isn't going to be played for over a month and now I'm the bad guy?

As other posters have told you, this is our house, not yours; act like a guest, not an ******* and we'll all get along just fine.

You have a split personality;in some of your posts, you talk football, in others, you talk out of your ass, so it's confusing as to where you are coming from.

As far as the Patriots fan who called me out, I called him out and he is nowhere to be found.

You're a true blue Steelers fan, good for you. Don't come here painting with a broad brush calling us bandwagon fans and tell us "I went to college with this one guy who didn't say a word about the Patriots until after 2001". Give me and us a break with that nonsense.

The Patriots were an up and coming team in the mid seventies, they beat your Steelers on the way to an 11-3 record, got totally screwed in the Raiders playoff game, then Fairbanks and the owner started to fight and he left. The team was good again in the mid 80's, went to the Super Bowl and was in the playoffs for several years, then, granted, bottomed out until Parcells arrived in the early 90's.

Since his arrival, they have been to the playoffs ten years, were in five AFC Championship games and won three Super Bowls. The Patriots have been to five Super Bowls; how many other AFC teams have been to more or as many?

Take all the shots you want at us and how there is no "Steeler Nation", whatever. We'll see how things turn out on the 9th.

I'm shocked cracky, calling me a douchebag. You come here shooting your mouth off about a game that isn't going to be played for over a month and now I'm the bad guy?

As other posters have told you, this is our house, not yours; act like a guest, not an ******* and we'll all get along just fine.

You have a split personality;in some of your posts, you talk football, in others, you talk out of your ass, so it's confusing as to where you are coming from.

As far as the Patriots fan who called me out, I called him out and he is nowhere to be found.

You're a true blue Steelers fan, good for you. Don't come here painting with a broad brush calling us bandwagon fans and tell us "I went to college with this one guy who didn't say a word about the Patriots until after 2001". Give me and us a break with that nonsense.

The Patriots were an up and coming team in the mid seventies, they beat your Steelers on the way to an 11-3 record, got totally screwed in the Raiders playoff game, then Fairbanks and the owner started to fight and he left. The team was good again in the mid 80's, went to the Super Bowl and was in the playoffs for several years, then, granted, bottomed out until Parcells arrived in the early 90's.

Since his arrival, they have been to the playoffs ten years, were in five AFC Championship games and won three Super Bowls. The Patriots have been to five Super Bowls; how many other AFC teams have been to more or as many?

Take all the shots you want at us and how there is no "Steeler Nation", whatever. We'll see how things turn out on the 9th.

I'd like to commend you on the first semi-coherent post I have ever witnessed from you.

Last edited:
What exactly are even referring to that has rubbed you so wrong?

I don't like players who make excuses after a loss. I know Porter isn't there anymore and he was a big one, but they all whined a little too much. And then, Ward and Bettis with their high moral gorund and that's why they beat us crap. I'm all set.

I don't like players who make excuses after a loss. I know Porter isn't there anymore and he was a big one, but they all whined a little too much.

I defend nothing that ever exited Porter's mouth as none of it pssed through his so called brain prior to being passed through those wildly oversized liips. I think one of the keys to Tomlin's new reign was showing that clown the door. His punk mouth ran contrary to everything Tomlin preaches. In addition, James Harrison is MUCH better than Porter and should have been starting over him for the past 2 years.

And then, Ward and Bettis with their high moral gorund and that's why they beat us crap. I'm all set.

I'm honestly not following you on this one.

I defend nothing that ever exited Porter's mouth as none of it pssed through his so called brain prior to being passed through those wildly oversized liips. I think one of the keys to Tomlin's new reign was showing that clown the door. His punk mouth ran contrary to everything Tomlin preaches. In addition, James Harrison is MUCH better than Porter and should have been starting over him for the past 2 years.

I'm honestly not following you on this one.

Are you serious? Jerome cries about it every week. Hines said that "they seemed to know everything we were going to do, now we know why." And he plays on the other side of the ball!!

Go to the main forum cracky, that is where I post when I want to talk football.

If you want to talk football, I'm all for it; if you want to come here and troll, then I'll fight fire with fire.

Regarding your posts on the NFL playing overseas, you are 1000% correct; King said last night on HBO the NFL plans on playing two games per year overseas for five years starting next year.

As you said, VERY bad idea, too much traveling for the teams, and one loses a home game, so in the end just like you said, the fans get screwed.

The NFL will probably "reward" the team that loses the home game with an extra preseason game instead so the fans end up paying for ten games anyway.

Stupid idea, plain and simple.

Are you serious? Jerome cries about it every week. Hines said that "they seemed to know everything we were going to do, now we know why." And he plays on the other side of the ball!!

First of all, I thought you were referring to after the game years ago.

I really don't listen to Bettis now. I was never a huge fan but never a hater either. He was given too much praise for taking a pay cut when in reality he had no choice.

Now Hines is a bit of a different story. He plays with as much or more heart than anyone in the league. He works his a s s off and sets a great example for our younger receivers. (further evidence cutting Plax was wise) In terms of his comments regarding NE, I don't believe he said "now we know why" but I could be wrong. He did say they knew everything we were going to do, BUT he said the exact same thing the day after the game so he (more than most) kinda has a point. The fact that he said the same thing years ago gives him credibility unlike some hindsight guys who chimed in this year. The fact that he plays on the other side of the ball means little as the rumors regarding spygate extended beyond just defensive signals. All that said, when asked to comment on the issue a week or so after the comments you are mentioning, he basically dismissed it and said everyone needs to move on.

Stupid idea, plain and simple.

Can I get an amen?

The reason I brought this up is due to Kraft's role or influence in this silly international push. Jerry Jones makes me laugh in that he is all in favor of someone else falling on the sword, but his cowboys aren't going anywhere. (He has a point in terms of the teams location though)

IF I were a NE fan, I would be double upset. There is no doubt your fan base will be one of the one's taking this right in the a s s. While I loth Pats fans, I'll get their back over those pr i cks from Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes