PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steeler fans fear the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree with you more; I do not understand this whole international push; you and I both know it's all about the money and as you pointed out, the fans are the ones who are going to take the hit here.

This really is not a good situation; five years? Then what? As you said, an international Super Bowl? Perish the thought.....................

It's offense, defense, special teams, you need all three to win games.

I was waiting for the inside info/cheating card to come out. All teams try to steal signals; I know it, you know it, so don't act like other teams don't try it. The Colts have an OC who is the master at it. Just ask Jimmy Johnson.

IF the Patriots had all of this "inside information" like you and others claim they did, wouldn't they have won their three Super Bowls by more than 9 points combined?

Explain to me how they are dominating teams so badly this year without the information.

Sorry, I'm not buying what you are selling. You have a right to your opinion, but it just doesn't hold water in my opinion.

Whereabouts on the Cape did you live? Four years is a long time; awesome in the summer, horrible in the winter................

I lived in Bourne (OTIS ANGB). I miss going to Falmouth. Especially this time of year.

Otis; ie, you are/were in the air force, correct? If so, thanks for serving your country, I appreciate it.

Otis; ie, you are/were in the air force, correct? If so, thanks for serving your country, I appreciate it.

I was in the Coast Guard (Marine Corps prior to that). I actually have air photo's of Gillette when it was just a hole in the ground. I'll have to find them. There is no need to say thanks, but I definitely appreciate.....your appreciation.

I was in the Coast Guard (Marine Corps prior to that). I actually have air photo's of Gillette when it was just a hole in the ground. I'll have to find them. There is no need to say thanks, but I definitely appreciate.....your appreciation.

My Dad was stationed at Otis--now I have to like you grrrrr

Three of my Uncles on my Mothers side were in the Coast Guard during WWII and a fourth was in the Marine Corps and was involved in some heavy duty action, namely Saipan.

Three of them are no longer with us, bums me out to be honest. My Uncle who was in the Marines was a tough SOB; one time as a kid, we were at a restaurant and he had his Marine Corps hat on and some guy walks up to him and says, "Hey wow, you were in the Marines; I was in the Navy and as you know, the Marines are a department of the Navy", to which my Uncle replied "Yeah, the MENS department!"

The look on the guys face was priceless.

Thanks again, you guys deserve it and also, sorry for busting your chops when you first came here. We're all fans of our teams and sorry for the grief..............

Three of my Uncles on my Mothers side were in the Coast Guard during WWII and a fourth was in the Marine Corps and was involved in some heavy duty action, namely Saipan.

Three of them are no longer with us, bums me out to be honest. My Uncle who was in the Marines was a tough SOB; one time as a kid, we were at a restaurant and he had his Marine Corps hat on and some guy walks up to him and says, "Hey wow, you were in the Marines; I was in the Navy and as you know, the Marines are a department of the Navy", to which my Uncle replied "Yeah, the MENS department!"

The look on the guys face was priceless.

Thanks again, you guys deserve it and also, sorry for busting your chops when you first came here. We're all fans of our teams and sorry for the grief..............

Again, no thanks or apologies are necessary. This is your turf anyway.

"The mens department" joke was always my favorite.

My new favorite slogan is "The Marines: helping the enemies of America die for their country since 1775." Priceless. :rocker:

Someone should put that on a bumper sticker, but the PC police would have a field day with it I'm afraid...........Those Marine unis in 1775 rocked too, the jackets were the beginning of the Marine Corps green............

Someone should put that on a bumper sticker, but the PC police would have a field day with it I'm afraid...........Those Marine unis in 1775 rocked too, the jackets were the beginning of the Marine Corps green............

I think the Continental Marines wore blue:

cont-marines.jpe

On November 10th (as you may know) the Marine Corps celebrates its birthday. Each unit has a "pageant" where Marines wearing each and every uniform since 1775 comes out one at a time while the MC announces the date (i.e, "November 10th, 1775...") and conflict of the time. It's awesome.

Check out www.kingandcountry.com and once there, access the AWI section and you'll see US Marines within the product offering wearing the green jacket and light tan pants. LMK what you think..............

Check out www.kingandcountry.com and once there, access the AWI section and you'll see US Marines within the product offering wearing the green jacket and light tan pants. LMK what you think..............

Hey. Punching out for the night. I'll get back with you tomorrow. Good Night.

First of all: Great web site, thanks. I saved it to favorites. Second, it would appear you were correct. Funny though, I don't recall seeing a green coat. It's possible that I was tanked by then. In any event, here's what I found:

"On 5 September, 1776, the Naval Committee published Continental Marine uniform regulations specifying green coats with white facings (lapels, cuffs, and coat lining), with a leather high collar to protect against cutlass slashes and to keep a man's head erect. Its memory is preserved by the moniker "Leatherneck", and the high collar on Marine dress uniforms. Though legend attributes the green color to the traditional color of riflemen, Colonial Marines carried muskets. More likely, green cloth was simply plentiful in Philadelphia, and it served to distinguish Marines from the red of the British or the blue of the Continental Army and Navy. Also, Sam Nicholas's hunting club wore green uniforms, hence his recommendation to the committee was for green."

It could also mean that the first uni's were blue (in 1775) then went to green not quite a year later.

Glad you like the website Warden; I am one of their US distributors, I sell the sh!t out of their products, they are amazing, really have to see them in person to appreciate them. AND, they go way, way up on value once they are retired; they make 1,000 sets of each and that's it; may sound like a lot, but it's not..........

Glad you like the website Warden; I am one of their US distributors, I sell the sh!t out of their products, they are amazing, really have to see them in person to appreciate them. AND, they go way, way up on value once they are retired; they make 1,000 sets of each and that's it; may sound like a lot, but it's not..........

Good to know. I plan to explore it a little further so may just make another customer.

Do you know if they ever made a "Five Ton" a.k.a the M813 (troop/utility truck)?

2925751240034293688riympW_fs.jpg

K & C is famous for their WWII vehicles, they made a deuce and a half that is long retired, retailed for 100.00, regulary sells on Ebay for over 300.00.

They just announced a kick ass Tiger I tank, Tunisia, 1943 with a DAK crew, pretty sweet........

That has to be one of the lamest things I've ever seen!

I think the Steelers fans have just appointed themselves the "pu**iest fan forum in all of professional sports"

Any Steelers trolls in here should be hiding their heads in shame!!
Come over to www.steeleraddicts.com as long as you dont act like a major troll everyone treats you pretty good. Hell even if you are a little trollish you get treated fairly. Trust me its the best steelers site on the web.

I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about the Patriots myself, to be honest. I don't have a problem with what the Admin did there. I love the Pats to death, but my god, why do we have to be in the news so much all of a sudden? From spygate to brady being injured to Vince's hit on Loss man, now the Indy game. God, LEAVE US ALONE!!!!! :cool:

All of you Patsy fans, watch the game tonight and pay particular attention as a truly classy organization celebrates its 75th anniversary in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes