Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
DEFENSE

Ninkovich - 3 sacks, I believe all on 3rd down
Chandler Jones - Strip-Sack-Recovery led to points
Skinner - 1 sack

McCourty - Forced Fumble recovered by Zach Moore (turned into 3 easy points before half time)

Jamie Collins - INT that set up the first touchdown. He's becoming one of the best players on D

Revis shut down Sammy Watkins for the most part. Only 2 catches for 27 yards. Finally starting to look like the shut down we were all excited about when we signed him.

Too bad about Mayo, but let's not jump to conclusions just because he got carted off. He might be able to come back this year if it's only a sprain.

When we get Hightower, Easley, and Siliga back, Chandler Jones at 100%, Brandon Browner in playing shape, this already good defense can be even better.

The defense set up all of our 1st half points.

OFFENSE

Brady - 4 TDs, 361 yards

LaFell - 4 rec, 97 yards, 2 TD
Gronk - 7 rec, 94 yards
Edelman - 9 rec, 91 yards
Wright - 1 TD
Tyms - 43 yard TD

Pass Protection was decent except for the 2nd qtr. A lot of changing places. Bills have a good DLine too. They're getting better though. Stork coming back will help even more.

Rushing was bad today. Vereen has been a bit of a disappointment this year, other than a couple nice runs on 3rd and long when they caught teams off guard. It's a little predictable now though so McDaniels should change that up. The Bills were ready for Vereen on those 2nd-3rd and long plays.

Offense kept stalling in the first half, but came out firing in the 2nd half. They brought in more height/speed with Dobson and Tyms, and aired it out.

Tyms TD catch was amazing. Tight coverage but he held on to it. Brady's deep ball looked good there, something we haven't seen in a loooong time. I feel like that play changed the complexion of the game. Put the Bills defense on their heels. Great half time adjustment. They went to Tyms earlier in the game too, so it's nice to see him on the field and in the game plan.

Brandon LaFell was one of the few positives from the KC game, and he's really coming into his own now. Finally starting to look like the player we thought he would be here. Brady starting to build good trust with him.

Not much Tim Wright today, but he did get a TD.

Gronkowski is officially back. This offense will live by the Gronk, die by the Gronk, which is scary considering his history. I cringed when he went out grabbing his knee. Glad to see he's okay.

Edelman was solid as usual.

It was noticeable when Brady started airing it out. We needed the deep ball to be complete. I am tired of the third and long draw play.

Ninkovich gets way too much hate around here and has since 2011 <-- Fact

The defense looks so much better when Revis is playing press man coverage.

"He played a great game. He held me to two catches and that was his job,” Watkins said of Revis. “€œHe’€™s a competitor, competes every play. He got balls to come up and press every play and I hang my hat to him.”€

That's what we expected when he was signed, and last week and today Revis is finally being used properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye