PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth coming to NE tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like he said on Friday, Drew Bledsoe is done as a QB in the NFL..

Yup, he really just shut down Callahan on that argument and told him flat out how it is.

As for Stallworth, do we know the substance we're dealing with here? B/c quite honestly, I feel alcohol is of much more a threat to a player's career and performance than marijuana.

Either way, and I actually like Stallworth, but I don't see a need to get him. Caldwell-Welker-Gaffney is a very solid group, and Jackson - if healthy - can be a deep threat at worst, and at best, start to turn into a very good NFL receiver. Add Troy Brown as great insurance and leadership, and that sounds just fine to me.

Last edited:
When it comes to bigger named free agents I think the Pats really looks for the guys who want to play here. It happened with Thomas and according to Schefter Stallworth feels the same way. That should definitely count for something when talks insue.

Well we don't have that jerk off Branch telling Stallworth not to come like he supposedly did to Walker.

What?! I didn't know Branch did that. That makes me hate the little turd even more.

What?! I didn't know Branch did that. That makes me hate the little turd even more.

I do remember something that Branch said something about do not go to New England ,you wont get your money...

I have actually wondered from time to time if Donte is related to John Stallworth, but never bothered to look it up - are they related?

i believe theyre not
but ive always wondered as well
anyone got any info?

Although I am not, I repeat:not, enthused about Stallworth as our new deep threat WR, this whole FA period speaks volumes about where BB/SP are in their thought processes. They have no intention to draft a WR very high this season. They may take Stallworth to provide the one year stop gap insurance against Jackson's ACL. If accomplished, you can assume that we would be finished and set for this season at this position, as well as RB and TE.

My thought is that the brain trust will target the defensive side of the ball in the draft now.

i think ppl are forgetting what he did in his last season in new orleans:
70 receptions, 945 yds, 13.5 avg, 7 tds
with brooks at qb!!!

he is not bethel johnson or tony simmons

this guy has shown he can produce
i wouldnt even compare him to peerless price
price had moulds in his best yrs
stallworth did a lot in 2005, when horn didnt a ton: 49 for 654

i was all over wanting to bring this guy in when they were talking trade
now, im all over bringing him in now
he would be a PERFECT complement to our other wrs, its just too good to be true

Scoops Schefter hasn't been wrong yet. FWIW, Larry Ridley from WHDH scooped everyone with his info from last night regarding the Pats' interest...

This is potentially another benefit of having the Welker situation cleared up today. Rather than waiting 7 days to see what ramifications Welker's deal would have on the salary cap, they were able to bring him into the fold at their terms, and can focus their attention on landing other FAs...

With the news about Stallworth being in the substance abuse program, maybe they can land him with a deal heavy in incentives...

i agree 100percent
we know we have welker now
we dont have to worry about the fins matching and all the ramifications
much easier to move forward

Cousins,
According to one source, the Eagles made him an offer this a.m. and he still bolted for his NE trip.

Secondly, any leaks about a player in the NFL substance abuse situation right at FA time is more than suspicous. The League refuses to comment on the involved player. I have seen no comment by the League on Stallworths' situation (although they have to abide by their own rules) being it true or false. Someone who wanted to drive down Stallworths value for the purpose of signing him cheaper would leak out information (again either true or false).

Now the League might have went to the individual teams, if asked by said team, to review that players status without making it public in this unusual case.

Does anyone out there think that the Godafather or SP would consider Stallworth coming up to visit if his status was not checked out thoroughly?
DW Toys

I will be dissapointed if Donte Stallworth is not a Patriot by wed, but that might mean the Randy Moss talk wont die until after the draft...

As for Stallworth, do we know the substance we're dealing with here? B/c quite honestly, I feel alcohol is of much more a threat to a player's career and performance than marijuana.

Umm...How's Ricky Williams' career coming??

Umm...How's Ricky Williams' career coming??

I think there are a lot of players who blaze up occasionally without suddenly quiting so they can be high 24/7.

its just too good to be true
Seems like I heard that was a red flag when salesmen were holding their foot in your door to keep you from ending the conversation. Stallworth is selling, he's pitching himself to the coaches and staff. Now the Pats may get a low cost year out of him, but he's acting like he wants to use the Pats and their winning ways to boost his own reputation, and market value. It may be a good deal for the Pats, and if he's only good for one year that's fine, but let's not think this is another Seau looking to prove he can still play the game and maybe win a ring.

What would be a better offfer

3 yr deal at 12 mill

or a 1 mill with a boat load of incentives...

What would be a better offfer

3 yr deal at 12 mill

or a 1 mill with a boat load of incentives...

the first deal..its quiet cheap for a guy his caliber

Last edited:
I do remember something that Branch said something about do not go to New England ,you wont get your money...
Yeah, and we know now why he did it - because he was angling for big money and if Walker got paid big that would impact what they'd give Branch.

If this is true, then we're guarunteed a Super Bowl in '07. I've wrecked on Maroney a lot for dancing at the LOS and getting tackled, but really we did not have any receiving threat to keep the defense from keying in on the running game. If we get Stallworth, it opens up the running game that much more. Also, if we do get him, I think either Caldwell or Gaffney would be shopped around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3