PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth coming to NE tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, then we're guarunteed a Super Bowl in '07. I've wrecked on Maroney a lot for dancing at the LOS and getting tackled, but really we did not have any receiving threat to keep the defense from keying in on the running game. If we get Stallworth, it opens up the running game that much more. Also, if we do get him, I think either Caldwell or Gaffney would be shopped around.

I still think we keep Gaffney and Caldwell, both were solid in the playoffs, Indy game excluded.. Would love to see a full offseason for Gaffney...

Seems to me that the "Philly sources" mentioning the Substance Abuse issue were designed to disuade other teams from signing Stallworth while the Eagles made an additional offer

Also seems to me that Stallworth saw right through that and promptly got some visits scheduled.

this is like the day after CHRISTMAS! (my bday)!!

Imagine.
Stallworth - Jackson in future. OH BABY. i dont think theres a set of CBs would even keep up.

Denver's now would. Sorry for the rain --- back to sunny thoughts in this happy thread!

The general word seems to be that Jackson has a better than even chance to be back for training camp. Nothing for sure, though.

Why is it that when Rodney mangled his knee, he was back in the first half of the next season, but young Chad tears one ligament (or whatever it is) and there's all this doubt he'll play next year?!!!

Also, if we do get him, I think either Caldwell or Gaffney would be shopped around.

I doubt we can get a whole heck of a lot for Caldwell or Gaffney. Both are free agents after this season. Neither are good enough to be #1 WRs. Both would have hard times starting on a lot of teams. Both are probably labelled products of Brady and the Pats system and if Givens, Patten, and Branch have been less than spectacular since they left the Pats; teams will feel that Caldwell and Gaffney will probably follow the trend.

Both Caldwell and Gaffney count very little towards the cap. They will make excellent #3 and #4 WRs. It will allow the Pats to run a lot of 4 and 5 receiver sets which people have complained the Pats didn't run enough. It gives us depth and variety at the position. I say we keep Caldwell and Gaffney no matter who we add.

With Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, and Gaffney; we go from one of the worst WR corps last year to a pretty good one. It ain't Holt, Bruce, and Bennett but it is pretty good.

Why is it that when Rodney mangled his knee, he was back in the first half of the next season, but young Chad tears one ligament (or whatever it is) and there's all this doubt he'll play next year?!!!

Probably because Rodney tore his ACL in week 3 and Chad tore his in week 20.

as for his bloodlines, I just read an old scouting report that listed "excellent bloodlines" and said that he was related to HOF JohnStallworth. However, it did not specify how they were related, and this is information is more difficult to come by than I expected. Interestingly, he was a high school teammate of Onterrio Smith

I doubt we can get a whole heck of a lot for Caldwell or Gaffney. Both are free agents after this season. Neither are good enough to be #1 WRs. Both would have hard times starting on a lot of teams. Both are probably labelled products of Brady and the Pats system and if Givens, Patten, and Branch have been less than spectacular since they left the Pats; teams will feel that Caldwell and Gaffney will probably follow the trend.

Both Caldwell and Gaffney count very little towards the cap. They will make excellent #3 and #4 WRs. It will allow the Pats to run a lot of 4 and 5 receiver sets which people have complained the Pats didn't run enough. It gives us depth and variety at the position. I say we keep Caldwell and Gaffney no matter who we add.

With Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, and Gaffney; we go from one of the worst WR corps last year to a pretty good one. It ain't Holt, Bruce, and Bennett but it is pretty good.

I bet we can at least get some second day draft picks for them though.

Seems to me that the "Philly sources" mentioning the Substance Abuse issue were designed to disuade other teams from signing Stallworth while the Eagles made an additional offer

Also seems to me that Stallworth saw right through that and promptly got some visits scheduled.

Under the CBA a team interviewing a player has the right to be informed by the League of a substance abuse situation. So the Pats like all the Teams know the Truth.

I've wrecked on Maroney a lot for dancing at the LOS and getting tackled, but really we did not have any receiving threat to keep the defense from keying in on the running game. If we get Stallworth, it opens up the running game that much more.

Exactly. Every good WR we sign adds another 0.3 yards per carry to Maroney's 2007 average.

What would be a better offfer

3 yr deal at 12 mill

or a 1 mill with a boat load of incentives...

i like the first one
i think he would have a very solid yr here, and then we wouldnt be able to re-sign him if we only get him for one yr

as for his bloodlines, I just read an old scouting report that listed "excellent bloodlines" and said that he was related to HOF JohnStallworth. However, it did not specify how they were related, and this is information is more difficult to come by than I expected. Interestingly, he was a high school teammate of Onterrio Smith

hasnt onterrio smith gotten in trouble a lot
or is that another old viking rb im thinin of
im pretty sure its him

hasnt onterrio smith gotten in trouble a lot
or is that another old viking rb im thinin of
im pretty sure its him

Pretty much everyone that has ever played for the Vikings has had a history with the law.

This could be defenes worst nightmare for them...I hope he sign even for 1 year....If we can work out for longer term,great....

Onterrio would've been good, if he could have gotten himself together...

As for Stallworth, no way he signs for 12 million over 3. This guy is going for big bucks (I'm guessing 6-8 million per), and if he won't get it, then he will sign a one year deal somewhere to prove that he's worth it. Thats where the Pats might come in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back