PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth coming to NE tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the status of things between Stallworth and the Eagles? Anyone know what they have offered him to stay, if anything yet?

I saw an article, don't remember where, that said that Stallworth evoked an interest to remain in Philly. So far Philly had not made any offers, but has not said it doesn't want him back either.

Philly has also recovered from the TO thing, and now has a couple, three pretty good receivers who have developed,so may not need Stallworth, who is one dimensional and often injured.

See my "On Reflection" post and I'm not sure we need him either. We do need a vet ILB though; like Nap Harris or Takeo Spikes, but maybe Jr for another year while we groom a high draftee might suffice... Or resign TBC

I saw an article, don't remember where, that said that Stallworth evoked an interest to remain in Philly. So far Philly had not made any offers, but has not said it doesn't want him back either.

Nothing says "don't want him back" louder than not making an offer!

We could be looking at this if Troy returns. We usually keep 5, which would be this if Troy is done. It would be an interesting training camp of competition for sure.

Let troy take it easy for awhile. He needs to rest up in case we have a late-season injury and need to go to the shadow roster.

OK

Moss // Stallworth // Welker // Jackson // Gaffney // Caldwell // Troy .......I guess there is no room for Bam.

If there's no room for Bam, will there be room for a rookie?

It's called competition, the one's who work harder to get open will get the ball. And with Watson, Thomas, and Faulk -- Brady has mucho options. Who's our RB?

And here I am sitting at my computer instead of watching :(

Welker. Stallworth. Interest in Moss.

2+2 = Our WR sucked last year and took FAR too long to get open.

No, no, sorry but you have it all wrong. I have read multiple times that we don't need any WRs and that BB has complete faith that Gaffney and Caldwell can carry us to a championship.

Gaffney, Caldwell, Welker, Stallworth, Jackson - looks more and more like an NFL caliber WR unit.

I'm definitely dreaming of a starting two of Stallworth and either Caldwell or Gaffney with Welker as the #3. The loser of the Caldwell/Gaffney competition provides good depth with Jackson contributing when he can in preparation for hopefully joining Stallworth in 2008.

If so, in 2008 all our starting (or lots of snaps) skill guys (Stallworth, Jackson, Welker, Maroney, Watson, Thomas, Brady) will be signed for 2 years or more.

2007 we'd be better. 2008 should be even better than that as the OL is also signed through 2009. And this speed will really be helped by the field turf.

hmmm...

Stallworth
Welker
Gaffney
Caldwell
Jackson

and suddenly WR is a strenghth! I hope he signs.

Wouldnt him joining the leagues substance abuse problem hinder his chances of being signed?

Wouldnt him joining the leagues substance abuse problem hinder his chances of being signed?

Maybe. But wouldn't it also hinder his chances of signing a lucrative deal?

Some circles have said he wants 40+, do you think he has any barginning power now with that report? Probably not. Look for him to sign a Glenn-like deal when he was with the Pats. It had an out clause if he was charged (domestic despute led to his trade to GB).

I initially thought we had no chance of signing him, as I know Stallworth has made clear that he "prefers to play on grass".

Apparently though, that doesn't mean what I thought it did.

Seriously though - as long as he's not in danger of being suspended for this violation I'm all for this signing. I don't look at him as a bad guy for smoking a little weed... I just worry about him getting suspended for it.

Assuming he can stay healthy for a good portion of the season (and the playoffs) his skillset is EXACTLY what I've been saying we need for quite some time (and getting lambasted around here for suggesting it).. and I even continued to say we still need a deep threat after the Welker deal was announced

...so I feel vindicated by the fact that BB is even bringing in a deep threat WR to interview.

Last edited:
this is like the day after CHRISTMAS! (my bday)!!

Imagine.
Stallworth - Jackson in future. OH BABY. i dont think theres a set of CBs would even keep up. and tht would put the safeties back an extra 5 :)

Brady is the best(or 2nd) in the NFL..if Brady made Caldwell and Gaffney look great..he would make Stallworth look like Randy Moss(in his prime) with the deep throws(expect not jump balls)

Last edited:

Yeah...but on the other hand, it drives his price down...

Last edited:
Two hours later and Reiss & Tomase still have nothing on this. I hope Schefter is right.

Two hours later and Reiss & Tomase still have nothing on this. I hope Schefter is right.

i dont think Reiss nor Tomase had anything on Thomas being signed "24-48 hours" from now when Schefter said it

Jackson won't play for at least the first have of the season though right, maybe the entire season?

So here's what I see if we sign Stallworth:

Stallworth as the the #1, Gaffney as the #2 (Caldwell can take some snaps there too, but to be honest I think they're both pretty even, but I'll take the guy with smaller eyes) Welker at #3, Caldwell/Gaffney at #4, and Brown at #5.

But I think people will rotate in at the #2 WR position between Caldwell, Gaffney and Brown.

Either way, if we get Stallworth and Jackson back and healthy, this could be one of the more dangerous WR groups in the NFL.

Jackson won't play for at least the first have of the season though right, maybe the entire season?

Stallworth as the the #1, Gaffney as the #2 (Caldwell can take some snaps there too, but to be honest I think they're both pretty even, but I'll take the guy with smaller eyes) Welker at #3, Caldwell/Gaffney at #4, and Brown at #5.

But I think people will rotate in at the #2 WR position between Caldwell, Gaffney and Brown.

Either way, if we get Stallworth and Jackson back and healthy, this could be one of the more dangerous WR groups in the NFL.

idk i read that its partial tear, he got surgery right after the game and is already in Foxboro getting back to form.

Stallworth was good with the Steelers, but Swann was getting a lot of double coverage.....

If we're paying Welker 4 million a year, he's starting.

Scoops Schefter hasn't been wrong yet. FWIW, Larry Ridley from WHDH scooped everyone with his info from last night regarding the Pats' interest...

This is potentially another benefit of having the Welker situation cleared up today. Rather than waiting 7 days to see what ramifications Welker's deal would have on the salary cap, they were able to bring him into the fold at their terms, and can focus their attention on landing other FAs...

With the news about Stallworth being in the substance abuse program, maybe they can land him with a deal heavy in incentives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back