PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stallworth coming to NE tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Adam Schefter of NFL Network:

If this is true, it looks like the Pats could get Stallworth at very low risk. I'd be on board with that, because even with all the concerns I've got with him, if he did pan out he would be a huge addition! :rocker:

This just might keep him on the straight and narrow. Let's hope the Eaglettes tell him to hit the road.

I initially thought we had no chance of signing him, as I know Stallworth has made clear that he "prefers to play on grass".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wahahaha

This just might keep him on the straight and narrow. Let's hope the Eaglettes tell him to hit the road.

They already have, by not offering him a contract already.

Schefter has been DEAD ON ever since the start of Free Agency. No exaggeration. He has reported a heck of a lot of signings and even before they were signed. He has been right every time. ;)

thanks, the interest in stallworth might not just be rumour, but Schefter has said they are interested in signing him, not that they have, so either way he keeps his 100% record

I initially thought we had no chance of signing him, as I know Stallworth has made clear that he "prefers to play on grass".
QUOTE]

anyone know how many teams actually still have grass?

The Pats have acted like this before, focusing on one or two positions and bringing in multiple players, both through free agency and the draft.

They were very concerned with receivers after the 2001 Super Bowl and replaced all the tight ends and added a bunch of receivers.

We cannot assume that they are done by adding Welker and Thomas. I assume that there is one more receiver and one more linebacker to come.

Hmm....NFL.com main page there is a photo with Brady in the middle throwing a pass and to his left and right Stallworth and Welker catching passes. I dunno, just a pretty cool main photo. But its not really a photo, more like 3....

Last edited:
Stallworth was good with the Steelers, but Swann was getting a lot of double coverage.....
I have actually wondered from time to time if Donte is related to John Stallworth, but never bothered to look it up - are they related?

I have actually wondered from time to time if Donte is related to John Stallworth, but never bothered to look it up - are they related?

Im pretty sure its his kid

This could be really big....Our WR will be feared and they won't load the box..We have people in the locker room to Stallworth in check...

Schefter has been DEAD ON ever since the start of Free Agency. No exaggeration. He has reported a heck of a lot of signings and even before they were signed. He has been right every time. ;)

I was thinking that Schefter was pretty damn good at what he does, then it dawned on me that he is on the NFL payroll. OF COURSE he gets the scoops, they're spoon-fed to him by the league that owns the network he reports for.

I was thinking that Schefter was pretty damn good at what he does, then it dawned on me that he is on the NFL payroll. OF COURSE he gets the scoops, they're spoon-fed to him by the league that owns the network he reports for.
Adam has always been good, before the NFLN when he was in Denver he used to have a 5 minute spot on Fox Sports on Wednesdays when I was driving to work. I always made sure to listen in, he had good stuff back then.

This could be really big....Our WR will be feared and they won't load the box..We have people in the locker room to Stallworth in check...

Could the setup be any better? Stallworth on deep routes streching the field. Welker going over the middle make the tough grabs. Watson using his freak athleticism to destroy safeties, and Maroney having ROOM to work, the one thing a speed back like him needs...room to make his moves. This is beautiful.

Bring him in Bill!!

A 1 year "prove yourself" deal is fine by me. Just make sure it's Stallworth, and not the Pats, taking the risk.

Adam has always been good, before the NFLN when he was in Denver he used to have a 5 minute spot on Fox Sports on Wednesdays when I was driving to work. I always made sure to listen in, he had good stuff back then.

He's fun to listen to. On EEI, he never holds back and always challenges Callahan. Schefter will tell Callahan flat out that he's wrong, without sugar-coating it at all.

He's fun to listen to. On EEI, he never holds back and always challenges Callahan. Schefter will tell Callahan flat out that he's wrong, without sugar-coating it at all.

Like he said on Friday, Drew Bledsoe is done as a QB in the NFL..

Before too many folks wear themselves out with today's excitement, Schefter's report as I heard it indicated Stallworth had set up a tour with New England the first stop because this was the team "he" wanted to play for. I'm sure his agent and the Pats have probably been talking about his asking price, but I didn't get the impression that the Pats had put on a full court press to attract him.

Regarding substance abuse, Warfield was on the program following his DUI history and was brought in here for Training camp. I don't recall hearing Stallworth had any alcohol issues so Joe6 may have touched on the truth of the matter - which might not be a strong selling point.

As far as the Eagles not making him an offer, that sounds like the second strike against him. They may have made the playoffs without much help from him, but if he had any serious potential for productivity you'd have to think they'd have wanted to keep him.

Well at least NE is the first stop, not like Javon Walker who we could not get to come to Boston off the plane..

Well at least NE is the first stop, not like Javon Walker who we could not get to come to Boston off the plane..
Well we don't have that jerk off Branch telling Stallworth not to come like he supposedly did to Walker.

Remember how we used to hear that the Pats sign risky vets to incentive-laden contracts? Obviously, this would be another of those.

I've always been impressed that the Pats could pull that off and enforce a stats-don't-matter, team-first attitude at the same time.

As for speedy deep WRs: If the Pats want one of something, they generally want more than one, for depth. And Chad Jackson/Bethel Johnson prove they want at least one speedy WR. Ergo, we can conclude they want to have at least two fast WRs, which is one more than they seem to have at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots