PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes is the real problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously telling me that if players do not play to the crowd they don't care?
Let's rephrase "play to the crowd" with "showing group emotion" so the focus is the players showing fire amongst themselves, whether they care about the crowd or not...

What surprised me in "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" was the bit about him scolding the team for not showing emotion during the games. That's something I didn't think BB put a premium on, but apparently he does give it some attention.

Regards,
Chris

I thought what appeared to me to be a very lethargic and unemotional defense...I saw players looking as if they were beaten although the game was still within reach.

Maybe it was because they were so tired for being out there all game but there was something not right to me,it looked something like the Colts defense against the Saints....lethargic.

I have watched hundreds upon hundreds of Pats games in my life,This game was not the most exciting to watch the D...in fact it was ugly.

We need that Ray Lewis,Mike Singletary or even Bart Scott type of motivator on this team....we have nothing even resembling that type of defensive player right now.
You must have amazing powers if you can tell from your television whehter the players are motivated or not.
Ironically, the guy everyone is trying to get rid of as HC, DC or GM has one more ring here than the 3 guys you want to model the team after have combined in their lives.
Bart Scott. Yeah thats just what we need as the example to our players. :rolleyes:
I suppose you want to hire Rex Ryan after you fire BB too, because he realy shows how motivated he is when he is guaranteeing SBs he will never win.

Let's rephrase "play to the crowd" with "showing group emotion" so the focus is the players showing fire amongst themselves, whether they care about the crowd or not...

What surprised me in "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" was the bit about him scolding the team for not showing emotion during the games. That's something I didn't think BB put a premium on, but apparently he does give it some attention.

Regards,
Chris
I wouldn't say he puts a premium on it based on one low key comment saying 'you should be happy if you made a good play'.
Celebrating on the field isn't what make a defense better.

I wouldn't say he puts a premium on it based on one low key comment saying 'you should be happy if you made a good play'. Celebrating on the field isn't what make a defense better.
It wasn't one low-key comment. His staff put together a series of clips and he showed them to the team (while providing running commentary) to make a point. He likes seeing his team fired up.

That being said, fire in the belly isn't enough to improve the D. It's nice to see, though.

Regards,
Chris

On the contrary, I hope they run right at Mayo. I won't deny his 2011 hasn't been to his normal high standards but the man has registered 100 plus tackles for each of his 3 seasons in the NFL. That suggests your opinion isn't correct given making a tackle generally means making a play. He's coming off a knee injury if you hadn't noticed. For mine, Guyton is the problem.

Even more so, calling one of the two blue chip players we have on defense (along with Wilfork) as a "worthless and weak overated piece of garbage" (your words) paints you as irrational.

On obvious running plays Spikes will be in there with Mayo anyway.

Nice to see you at least concede this season's performance is not up to Blue Chip standards
As a leader on this defense he has regressed along with McCourty and as a result has left the PATS significantly weaker than last years team
Guyton should not be on the field for passing downs but who else is there?
Unfortunately all downs are passing downs from now on for the opposition

Giants will win straight up unless Eli has a complete brain cramp
This prediction from a fan who gets ill when the PATS lose
Take it for what it's worth

Nice to see you at least concede this season's performance is not up to Blue Chip standards
As a leader on this defense he has regressed along with McCourty and as a result has left the PATS significantly weaker than last years team
Guyton should not be on the field for passing downs but who else is there?
Unfortunately all downs are passing downs from now on for the opposition

Giants will win straight up unless Eli has a complete brain cramp
This prediction from a fan who gets ill when the PATS lose
Take it for what it's worth
I never said Mayo was playing at his normal capacity I responded to your incorrect assertions and comment about him being a "worthless and weak overated piece of garbage" which is equally ludicrous.

If you want to complain about anything complain about roster composition.

Last edited:
The Steelers exposed Spikes for what he is ... a liability. He cannot cover anyone ... He is too slow and if the opposition is not running the ball he is not a factor. How many catches did Miller have in the soft zone? How many Steelers ran free under the MLB and within the 5yards that you can legally hit a player? Put Mayo back at MLB and put Cunningham (he either produces or you cut him) or Guyton at the other LB spot.

Mark Morse grabs the cactus with BOTH HANDS, and blames that one single spike in his left pinky for all the boo-boos he has.
I'm ******ed, but not THAT ******ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back