PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation Per Report: Patricia 'leading candidate' for Lions job if Caldwell is fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patricia and McDaniels have reached Garrapolo territory imo, they need to take the really good opportunity if it’s offered. To me the key to a continuation of Belichick’s program is Caserio.

Caserio is absolutely the one I want to see stay the most, and I was uneasy when he interviewed with Miami. But when he very quickly told them Nah I figured he was only there on a Tom Hagen-type information gathering trip. Caserio is an integral part of their success, I place him behind only Brady/Belichick.

Last edited:
Man you post some interesting stuff.

You usually do though save for that one post you and I won't talk about.

Tony I thought we were not talking about that time what the hell man

Tony I thought we were not talking about that time what the hell man

You suck. I was trying to bait you into a "What post are you talking about " convo but you saw right through it. Haha too funny.

Sorry man. Working a lot of hours lately. Heads not right these days.

Huh? Who would look at pat shurmur as a hc?
How could Nagy as a first year oc who has called the plays for less than half a season be in anyone’s list?
Reich has been an oc 4 Year’s and this is the first time his offense is better than half of the league.

Lombardi especially called out Shurmur as one of the potential best HC hires this offseason and also mentioned that Nagy will get some looks. So this is not coming out of nowhere.

Patricia and McDaniels have reached Garrapolo territory imo, they need to take the really good opportunity if it’s offered. To me the key to a continuation of Belichick’s program is Caserio.

Patricia definitely needs to take the opportunity this year. Given the players that landed on IR and those he had to work with this might have been his finest coaching season.

McDaniels, on the other hand, will be a leading HC candidate as long as Brady is here. So he doesn't need to rush things. He can actually dictate negotiations and if things dont work out the way he wants them to he can just step back and take another look at openings next year.

Either way the succession is already in place with Brian Flores and Chad O'Shea. In both cases I guess we will see a repetition of what MP went through where both wouldn't immediately get the title of OC/DC but have to wait a year (if things work out).

I am not particularly worried about it all.

Last edited:
This goes on every year, this year more vibrant than usual.. MP has certainly paid his dues and done the work, and it seems as though it has become more of his innovation than exclusively BB's... that seems to get a lot of recognition.

If he were to leave first name associated was Mike Vrabel, but tough to pry another D coordinator away from another team sans compensation.. but if BOB has to leave Houston and he is unemployed give him a call.

Guess Brian Flores is next up within the organization...

McDaniels is tough to replace, but have to wonder if Daboll would leave the bright lights of Tuscaloosa to come back to New England... I imagine he would think about it.

Always thought the heir to the throne was already in place in New England, so not sure both will go...

McDaniels is tough to replace, but have to wonder if Daboll would leave the bright lights of Tuscaloosa to come back to New England... I imagine he would think about it.

I am pretty sure Daboll left because he realized that he was not next in line if Josh would ever leave.

I am pretty sure Daboll left because he realized that he was not next in line if Josh would ever leave.

Then who is the heir if he were to leave??

Here's Patricia a few whiskers and many pounds ago. A similar shedding might be needed for becoming head coach somewhere.

Matt Patricia without beard .jpg

O'Shea with Schuplinski next in line after that.

Do not see Schuplinski, a tad raw in this business.. Still not convinced that Daboll would not be a consideration..

Yours Mr Rockefeller is a MN resident who is subjected to so, so much Vikings. Pat Shurmur should absolutely be interviewed for head coaching jobs. He and Saints DC Dennis Allen are the two coordinators who may get second chances, after each had short stints as head coaches in less than ideal circumstances.

Shurmur has been spectacular as OC for Minnesota this year. He was promoted late last year after they fired Norv Turner. They have had a pretty good offense this year with Case Keenum at QB after injury to Sam Bradford; rookie RB Dalvin Cook was their best offensive player and he tore his ACL early in the season. He has done a really good job hiding Keenum's weaknesses and playing to both his and the receivers' strengths (lots of high point/Flacco-style balls to big targets Adam Theilen and Kyle Rudolph). They are likely to hit a spot in the playoffs where having Keenum as the QB is going to cost them, but Shurmur is one of the biggest reasons they are the 1 seed right now in the tougher conference. Allen turned around a typically terrible defense and has them playing way better so I think he'll get interviews as well.
Yeah I don’t see it. Perhaps it will happen but it would be a mistake imo.

Lombardi especially called out Shurmur as one of the potential best HC hires this offseason and also mentioned that Nagy will get some looks. So this is not coming out of nowhere.
Interesting that Lombardi would mention Nagy after calling out pederson as a terrrible hire because he was only a coordinator 3 years and wasthe least qualified hc hire he had ever seen because of it and Nagy is a first year hc.
Wasn’t Lombardi the guy who fired shurmur in Cleveland?

Do not see Schuplinski, a tad raw in this business.. Still not convinced that Daboll would not be a consideration..
We can only pray that daboll isn’t considered

This goes on every year, this year more vibrant than usual.. MP has certainly paid his dues and done the work, and it seems as though it has become more of his innovation than exclusively BB's... that seems to get a lot of recognition.

If he were to leave first name associated was Mike Vrabel, but tough to pry another D coordinator away from another team sans compensation.. but if BOB has to leave Houston and he is unemployed give him a call.

Guess Brian Flores is next up within the organization...

Always thought the heir to the throne was already in place in New England, so not sure both will go...

It's interesting to consider Daboll returning. In a sense, he and Saban have installed a New England type system, even down to phrases and sub packages. That means that Daboll is still involved with New England's program, even though it's a college level, but he's keeping his coaching skills current. It's almost like Belichick moved him to the farm team so he'll be current if he's needed back in the majors.

As to McDaniels, I'm not sure he leaves. He has stated, more than once, how he wants to stay with New England, how his family doesn't want to move again, and that he's happy with his current job as OC.

Interesting that Lombardi would mention Nagy after calling out pederson as a terrrible hire because he was only a coordinator 3 years and wasthe least qualified hc hire he had ever seen because of it and Nagy is a first year hc.
Wasn’t Lombardi the guy who fired shurmur in Cleveland?

No idea. I thought Shurmur was let go exactly when Haslam and Banner took over but at this point who can keep the Browns hiring history straight.

I'd have to relisten to the GM street episode to recall what he said about Nagy. I think the difference between Nagy and Peterson is that the latter really just ran the Andy Reid offense whereas Nagy supposedly impressed as QB coach.

But then again I didnt care enough about that portion of GM Street to really remember what Lombardi was saying about Nagy/Toub.

Here's Patricia a few whiskers and many pounds ago. A similar shedding might be needed for becoming head coach somewhere.

View attachment 19023
An argument for him staying as BB's successor. The wooly brand he's created would be safe, desireable even, here. Like BB's Darth Hoodie look.

I used to think that getting the HC of the NYG was a plumb HC job.
I was so wrong.
It's a disaster area.
The front runner is the only coach to ever go 0-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call