PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation Per Report: Patricia 'leading candidate' for Lions job if Caldwell is fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to consider Daboll returning. In a sense, he and Saban have installed a New England type system, even down to phrases and sub packages. That means that Daboll is still involved with New England's program, even though it's a college level, but he's keeping his coaching skills current. It's almost like Belichick moved him to the farm team so he'll be current if he's needed back in the majors.

As to McDaniels, I'm not sure he leaves. He has stated, more than once, how he wants to stay with New England, how his family doesn't want to move again, and that he's happy with his current job as OC.

Daboll is pulling in $1.2m yr at Bama.

I have nothing against Daboll but he doesn't strike me as an innovator.

He has been bad as a OC in multiple opportunities.

He has been bad as a OC in multiple opportunities.
Yea he did not distinguish himself at CLE and MIA . BB pulled him out of the coaching abyss. He's a JAG coach.

I agree, and I think those who said that Daboll left because he wasn’t going to be the next OC were probably right. I think O’Shea is next in line.

Correct if you believe the media they are set on scwartz but McDaniels makes alot of sense.
Don't know which media you are referencing, but the NY Tabloids, which have pretty good sources on the local teams, seem to think that Bill O'Brien, assuming he gets ****-canned by Houston because of style and personality conflicts, is #1 on the NYG wishlist with McDaniels a close second; Patricia seems to be on the list as well, but seems to be a distant third right now. They're reporting that Gettleman is coming to Foxboro this week, if he gets permission, for which he can't ask until after today's game.

Gettleman is apparently looking for someone with HC experience; FWIW, he also grew up in Boston (Boston Latin) and still has a house on Cape Cod, so he's had more than a Football Professional's interest over the years in the Patriots, his hometown team.

Bill O'Brien could be available as soon as tonight. Since he's not being fired for performance, he'll be one of the first to go in a year when there will be many HC openings, but in which the Giants opening is the big one. The question is being posed whether Gettleman would be willing to take the risk on McDaniels saying "No" on the first Monday in February if he is "interested" but non-committal during his interview with Gettleman this week..

I suspect they're going to keep O'Brien to develop Watson in Houston, even though his relationship with the GM is toxic

If Patricia leaves expect Schiano to be our next DC, ju

Lets not forget about a certain son of the head coach.
He will be promoted.
Question is, how far up the ladder.
Could he be the heir to the throne?
The Prince that was promised?

Have read that Goodell is still pissed about Matty P's clown shirt.
A Detroit writer thinks he might make subtle comments to the Lions owner, trying to steer him away from hiring our DC.
That would be a pretty ****ed up thing to do, but certainly fits Roger's (lack of) character.

Update: Jim Caldwell IS expected to be fired today

The #Lions are expected to interview #Patriots DC Matt Patricia for their now-vacant head coaching job. There will be others, but Patricia could keep the respected offensive staff in place. GM Bob Quinn's New England ties will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes