Welcome to PatsFans.com

Speaking of Peter King (idiot or not on this one?)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SavioKid, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SavioKid

SavioKid Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Has anyone else heard about this from other sources besides King? And what would of it took to get the 5th pick? Probably the 7th (obviously) & the PATS 2nd rounder plus next years 2nd or 3rd rounder...too much in my opinion.

(From King in his weekly MMQB article today):

Doesn't sound too unreasonable that King is right here (that the PATS wanted Long if there at 5)....However, I'm glad they got Mayo = fills a much bigger need & the guy can be a future (even better?) Adalis Thomas who can play everywhere (pass rusher / OLB / ILB) possibly..
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  2. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

it's all speculation. He is very good at 'what if' article after everything was said and done.
  3. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 4 / -5

Personally, I think they might have been interested. We know that the Chiefs called the Pats to see if they were interested in moving up.

Would they have done it? Who knows, but I can say that if I were in BB's shoes, and I really, really wanted Long (or Gholston, for that matter), if 2008 #7 and, say, 2009 3rd did the trick, I'd be all over that in a minute.
  4. bigjunk1

bigjunk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would think that if the Pats loved Long as much as he is implying, then they would have been better off trying to get something done with Atlanta.

But it wouldn't have mattered anyway....
  5. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

I do NOT think they wanted to shell out #3 or #5 money, nope, not even #7 money.

What they ended up doing added a draft choice and helped their cap position immensely.

I think we'll be all be very glad we did not go Long and added the Mayo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.