PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

South Park makes a funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally, when matt and trey were basically just cutting up pieces of construction paper to make the characters, it did take a while to make each episode. However, recently they purchased some type of fancy animation system that works really well with their artistic style, and allows them to make episodes in under a week. In fact, sometimes they scrap/delay a whole script in order to do an episode about something they saw in the news that week.

They also don't have the smae writing/production system that a lot of other animated shows have. The Simpsons, for example, have a huge writing staff, several voice actors, and a long editorial process that has a pre-animation and post-animation stage. Comedy Central essentially let matt and trey do whatever they want, however they want in order to keep the show going.

This, combined with the aforementioned high-tech animation, is what allows them to cover topical subjects in a more timely manner. For example, the episode about World of Warcraft was done early in the season, in winter, whereas the Simpsons didn't cover it until May.

I do like SOuth Park, but like they said in Cartoon Wars, it does get a little too preachy sometimes. I burn out on it if I watch it too much and then can only stand Family Guy's random humor.

Actually, we didn't cheat. We broke a rule and there is a difference. I really wish people would get that through their supposedly intelligent heads.

Cheat = Use something to gain an unfair advantage at the time the act was being done.

Break a rule = Willfully go against a given set of parameters.

In this case, all the Patriots did was tape from the sidelines. That is breaking a rule. That is NOT cheating. Cheating would have been hiring lip-readers to read all 3 of the guys calling in plays and then figuring out what the plays would be for the 2nd half.

Breaking a rule does not = cheating. However, cheating IS breaking a rule. Just like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

While the premise of your statement is understandable, the fact remains that the team was told and WARNED before the convicted act not to do it again and they did so despite that they were aware it was not right but did it so anyway so the team was guilty in retrospect.

But I don't want to continue to harp on this worthless crap so lets drop it.

Absolutely true. Proof is the Easter Show, when that kid from Cuba was "taken" by US Police men out of his house on Sunday, Easter, by machine gun weilding cops. Ellion Gonzales. By Wednesday, they had the show ready to go with Janet Rino as the Easter Bunny kidnapping some Chinese Girls that were trying to defect to the US. 3 days is all they needed. Still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

I haven't seen this one yet, I'll watch it, and laugh. But I still enjoy them attacking and destroying Family guy more than anything so far. That's the best stuff.

except family guy is 1000 times better than south park. Dont get me wrong, i love south park but family guy blows it out of the water.

While the premise of your statement is understandable, the fact remains that the team was told and WARNED before the convicted act not to do it again and they did so despite that they were aware it was not right but did it so anyway so the team was guilty in retrospect.

But I don't want to continue to harp on this worthless crap so lets drop it.

You just did.

One thing that every seems to forget is that BB said he thought he was within the rules. So how can it be cheating if you think you are within the rules. It maybe a mistaken violation of the rules but not cheating.

Unless people think BB is both a cheater and a liar.

You just did.

One thing that every seems to forget is that BB said he thought he was within the rules. So how can it be cheating if you think you are within the rules. It maybe a mistaken violation of the rules but not cheating.

Unless people think BB is both a cheater and a liar.

While BB may not be a cheat and a liar,I look at that situation like this....

You are a small child and your mom says to you "Now Patsnut,don't eat any sugary sweets before dinner" so knowing this,you go out and buy a sugar free candy bar and eat it.

Its like that.....

cheat: (v. intr.) To violate rules deliberately, as in a game.

HOW WILL I REACH THESE KEEEEEEDS?

except family guy is 1000 times better than south park. Dont get me wrong, i love south park but family guy blows it out of the water.

That's a joke. Did you see the Family Guy South Park? Matt Groening called Trey and Matt to thank them for making it.

That's a joke. Did you see the Family Guy South Park? Matt Groening called Trey and Matt to thank them for making it.

I'm a fan of both shows, but that episode was horrible. All they did was satire of Family Guy’s delivery system – yet failed to be as funny as Family Guy which is actually quite witty intelligent at times.

It’s a god damn cartoon, yet South Park criticizes Family Guy for not having a solid plot throughout episodes. Really? Should Family Guy start having episodes based on a mouse with a genetically attached penis on its head? Doesn’t matter if the plot is ridiculous – but as long as you have one right?

Also South Park is very predictable now in days. The whole “parody movie clichés while adding in shock humor” formula is getting old.

yea, so what? Matt Groening, who is he again? Oh yea that guy from that show that went way over the sharks head along time ago? Anyway, I watch south park now because of the stories, it has almos zero comedy left in it, unless cartman is the main part of the episode, Family guy on the other hand is pretty much funny 100% of the time. To each their own I guess.

Peter Griffin and his creater are Patriots fans by the way, the folks of South Park and their creaters follow the Broncos…

...the same Broncos team that won 2 Super Bowls while cheating the salary cap. Cheaters. Too bad Matt and Trey couldn't mention good ol' cheating Mikey Shanahan.

yea, so what? Matt Groening, who is he again? Oh yea that guy from that show that went way over the sharks head along time ago? Anyway, I watch south park now because of the stories, it has almos zero comedy left in it, unless cartman is the main part of the episode, Family guy on the other hand is pretty much funny 100% of the time. To each their own I guess.

I think there is some jealousy from the SP guys over Family Guy because SP's POPULARITY (don't confuse it with quality) peaked around the time the movie came out and Family Guy was the "new baby" and was so popular that Fox resurrected the show after they cancelled it. SP can produce funnier episodes (it helps they can push the envelope a little more on cable) but also some really weird ones.

Yeah, no wonder the creators are Broncos and Pats fans - the shows are destined to hate each other.

I think there is some jealousy from the SP guys over Family Guy because SP's POPULARITY (don't confuse it with quality) peaked around the time the movie came out and Family Guy was the "new baby" and was so popular that Fox resurrected the show after they cancelled it. SP can produce funnier episodes (it helps they can push the envelope a little more on cable) but also some really weird ones.

Yeah, no wonder the creators are Broncos and Pats fans - the shows are destined to hate each other.

I dont hate south park, I watch it just about every day. I just like family guy (and the patriots) better. South park has great moments, in fact, that episode where kenny really dies, and cartmen finds them aborted fetuses, is one of the best things ive ever saw on tv. (atleast on cartoons)

I dont hate south park, I watch it just about every day. I just like family guy (and the patriots) better. South park has great moments, in fact, that episode where kenny really dies, and cartmen finds them aborted fetuses, is one of the best things ive ever saw on tv. (atleast on cartoons)

IMO nothing tops Scott Tenorman eating his parents.

yea, another great episode, and once again, it centered around cartman.

No crap- Cartman has become the Urkel of South Park. He is the passing game in New England's offense. :D

No crap- Cartman has become the Urkel of South Park. He is the passing game in New England's offense. :D

he's the man, its because he has no regard for other people whatsoever, and even if he appears to, you know its only to benifit himself in some way or another.

It's also tough to top the Dog The Bounty Hunter parody where they also touched on Debbie LaFave. Their best stuff is the social commentary.

Come on now. Stan's dad has had some great moments (some even to rival Cartman). How about when he gets a DUI? Or when the boys have to play baseball all summer long while Stan's dad fights dads from other towns? Those are classics!

Come on now. Stan's dad has had some great moments (some even to rival Cartman). How about when he gets a DUI? Or when the boys have to play baseball all summer long while Stan's dad fights dads from other towns? Those are classics!

Those are the 20-yard gainers by Maroney that we see once in a blue moon :)

While BB may not be a cheat and a liar,I look at that situation like this....

You are a small child and your mom says to you "Now Patsnut,don't eat any sugary sweets before dinner" so knowing this,you go out and buy a sugar free candy bar and eat it.

Its like that.....

And I did what my mommy told me. If she didn't want me to have any snack then she shouldn't have said "no, sugary sweets". I'm not a friggin mind reader.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore