PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources close to Jason Taylor: Pats are top choice (Yahoo) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jason Taylor In Foxboro?

What station?

re: Sources close to Jason Taylor: Pats are top choice (Yahoo)-merged

In addition to the benefit (for both sides) of him not showing up for voluntary workouts, by delaying the announcement until after the draft, the Patriots are making their draft strategy a little less obvious to other teams. That's always been a priority for Bill.

I don't think signing him would really tell anyone anything that would help them. In fact it decreases any prospecting position swapper's leverage because we will have only one draft NEED left, and even that (safety) could be developmental.

What station?

I corrected my original post. She said it is on ESPN.com, but you have to be an ESPN insider to read it.

The ESPN insider rumor has nothing new. It just references the Yahoo article about Taylor

Yey, I'm gonna love threads like these all offseason.

The ESPN insider rumor has nothing new. It just references the Yahoo article about Taylor

Boo! :enranged:

Especially the red, bolded ones...

I corrected my original post. She said it is on ESPN.com, but you have to be an ESPN insider to read it.

Easy on the Red Bolded font there, Bro.

It's giving me a headache.

Easy on the Red Bolded font there, Bro.

It's giving me a headache.

It's even better when you quote them, as it adds a touch of italics. ;)

Re: Sources close to Jason Taylor: Pats are top choice (Yahoo)-merged

I'm still waiting for my "Jason Taylor signs with Pats" headline

Where is it?

108-DonBlackmon.jpg

Where is it?

JTPats.jpg

You're welcome! :D

Where is it?
Yeah, I expect it as well, but I think the Pats are focused on the draft. With all those high picks, they have to be visiting a number of players.

Fabulous. I'm very encouraged to see something a little more specific in this area, even though it's still pretty nebulous.

I think the Pats are lying low on this until after the draft, partly to see what they get and partly to hide their hand from other teams.

My dream scenario right now is to get Connor Barwin at #23 or 34 and sign Taylor for 2 years. Taylor would be the best possible teacher for Barwin in terms of refining his technique and pass-rushing skills. I could see Taylor and Adalius Thomas outside with Woods/Crable/Barwin backing them up, or I could see AD moving inside to SILB with Woods/Crable/Barwin sharing time opposite Taylor. I actually think that Barwin could become a starter by the end of his rookie year, as he seems to be an incredibly fast learner, and Taylor would if anything accelerate that process.

I'd honestly be surprised if this doesn't happen. When Taylor was oriniginally traded to Washington, it was the Patriots that were mentioned by all the people in the know, as the team he most wanted to play for. I think he'd be a great fit, especially since he'd only cost short term money. Peppers is an animal, and a better player, but he's cost a pick(s) which we could deal with, but also about $40+/- million guaranteed, in whatever contract he signs.

I'd honestly be surprised if this doesn't happen. When Taylor was oriniginally traded to Washington, it was the Patriots that were mentioned by all the people in the know, as the team he most wanted to play for. I think he'd be a great fit, especially since he'd only cost short term money. Peppers is an animal, and a better player, but he's cost a pick(s) which we could deal with, but also about $40+/- million guaranteed, in whatever contract he signs.
I'm fine with Peppers or Taylor but would prefer Taylor for the reasons we all know about (compensation to team and player). I'd love to fill that OLB hole so we don't have to reach for one in the draft. I expect Taylor to be a Patriot before the draft.

Last edited:

When Taylor was oriniginally traded to Washington, it was the Patriots that were mentioned by all the people in the know, as the team he most wanted to play for.
So I guess they weren't all that in the know, then, were they? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back