PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds like Charlie Weis has been fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
still only scored 14 points in a game with 70 degree temp and no wind.......in a season where we averaged 36.8 and our low was 20 in bad weather

but brady had a sprained ankle.....but neal got hurt......but.....but......but

Were the Patriots leading with 2minutes left and only needed one defensive stop to win? Yes or No?

Weiss offenses scored their first possession most every game
Weiss offenses could close out the clock at the end of games
Weiss offenses transformed Troy Brown from accessory to star
Weiss offenses could incorporate rookie WRs into the offense and succeed
Antoine Smith.......enough said.

You obviously missed the 2003 season.

And you do realize that Dobson had a better rookie season than any other rookie in the Brady/Belichick era and Thompkins did far more his rookie year than Givens. For that matter, other than Branch name one rookie WR Weis incorporated into the offense and succeeded.

McDaniels has failed in 2 SB appearances. Regular season records and stats don't mean squat if you don't win the SB. I would rather have a SB title than a 16-0 season. Weis is the better coach in the playoffs. McDaniels can't call the big game to save his soul.

Please tell me how McDaniels had anything to do with the helmet catch or Samuels dropping an easy TD. And what did Weis have to do with Rodney Harrison intercepting McNabb on a drive that would have won the game for the Eagles if they scored? You do realize that the Pats have been to five Super Bowls and they could easily have been anywhere from 5-0 to 0-5 in them because they all came down to the final minute. Much of the reason the Pats won or lost had nothing to do with the OC.

Excuses

The Super Bowl winning Pats never made them.

Weis won championships with Wiggins, Marc Edwards, Patten, Brown, Givens. McDaniel has more to work with than Weis ever had.

Ummm.... Did I miss something and the Patriots' offense only plays in the Super Bowl. The Pats won and lost Super Bowls because of team performances, not solely or even primarily how either McDaniels or Weis called the game.

Were the Patriots leading with 2minutes left and only needed one defensive stop to win? Yes or No?

the moss TD was with 2:42 to go.......but your point is accurate.......but it still doesnt negate my point

And the Pats were beating the Giants in the last Super Bowl 17-15 with 3:46 left and the Pats defense let the Giants drive 88 yards in 9 plays and in 2:49.

the moss TD was with 2:42 to go.......but your point is accurate.......but it still doesnt negate my point
1:42 I thought........

The offense did enough to win with a late taking the lead drive. Unfortunately the defense gave up a miraculous drive. Offense did enough to win the game.

Is 2:42

1:42 I thought........

The offense did enough to win with a late taking the lead drive. Unfortunately the defense gave up a miraculous drive. Offense did enough to win the game.

14 points good enough?.........what if the offense scored and it was 7-3 with 2:42 left........and then the defense gave up a game winning TD and we lose 10-7.........would that still be good enough?..........what would the threshold be?

its been a while since i have seen the game........but i just remember their DL making our OL look bad and not knowing how much of it was on the OL and how much was on the coaches to not adjust

just my opinion

Weiss had a great offensive line to work with. I remember at times Brady seemed to have all day to throw the ball. Brady was also younger and, thanks to that line, managed to throw the ball to any open receiver.

Our offensive line isn't what it used to be. There is no guarantee Weiss would have success on the Pats of today.

Play calling can keep a defense back on their heels.

Weis knew how important balance was.

Weiss had a great offensive line to work with. I remember at times Brady seemed to have all day to throw the ball. Brady was also younger and, thanks to that line, managed to throw the ball to any open receiver.

Our offensive line isn't what it used to be. There is no guarantee Weiss would have success on the Pats of today.

Care to name these all pros?

Ummm.... Did I miss something and the Patriots' offense only plays in the Super Bowl. The Pats won and lost Super Bowls because of team performances, not solely or even primarily how either McDaniels or Weis called the game.

Nope

Weis told BB that he was going for the win in the closing minutes of SB36 in lieu of running out the clock and play in OT. Weis drafted up great game plans tailored to each opponent. He made half time adjustments that actually worked.

Weis won with JAGS. Bethel Johnson has 2 SB rings.

Nope

Weis told BB that he was going for the win in the closing minutes of SB36 in lieu of running out the clock and play in OT. Weis drafted up great game plans tailored to each opponent. He made half time adjustments that actually worked.

Weis won with JAGS. Bethel Johnson has 2 SB rings.

You mean the game where the Pats scored as many TDs on defense (one) as they did on offense? The final drive was great, but the offense was mediocre in that game and the DEFENSE was a bigger part of that game shutting down the Greatest Show of Turf. The Patriots offense scored 13 points in that game and 10 points up until the final drive.

If the Pats won the Super Bowl with McDaniels and the Pats only scored 13 points, you would be saying the Pats won despite McDaniels.

And Troy Brown wasn't a JAG. Neither was Corey Dillon. Deion Branch wasn't a JAG.

Well he wouldn't come for the money. He has made $26m from just being fired from Notre Dame and Kansas.

So he's sucked in college every year, save the first two at ND when he had Willingham's kids there?

Excuses

The Super Bowl winning Pats never made them.

Weis won championships with Wiggins, Marc Edwards, Patten, Brown, Givens. McDaniel has more to work with than Weis ever had.

Weis won championships with great defenses, and offensive game plans that were designed to work with them. McDaniels had only one SB chance, with a lesser defense than what Weis generally had, and that lesser defense was built to support the offense rather than the other way around, and his QB, ORG, backup ORG, TEs and 3dRB all got hurt to some extent.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great super bowl 42 talk everybody. I'm gonna go vomit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News