PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds like Charlie Weis has been fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDaniels has failed in 2 SB appearances. Regular season records and stats don't mean squat if you don't win the SB. I would rather have a SB title than a 16-0 season. Weis is the better coach in the playoffs. McDaniels can't call the big game to save his soul.

Because, of course, everything else is equal, amirite? The QB play is exactly the same. the running game is exactly the same, the various strengths of the opponents is identical. The only difference is the offensive coordinator and the plays he's calling.

14 points good enough?.........what if the offense scored and it was 7-3 with 2:42 left........and then the defense gave up a game winning TD and we lose 10-7.........would that still be good enough?..........what would the threshold be?

its been a while since i have seen the game........but i just remember their DL making our OL look bad and not knowing how much of it was on the OL and how much was on the coaches to not adjust

just my opinion

So if you have no idea how much was the OL and how much was coaches adjusting....then why exactly are you torturing this thread with your multi post "opinion"?

Here's the point:

All coaches can do is put players in position to make plays and be successful.

The plays were there to be made...anyone ever hear of Asante Samuel and Wes Welker?

Absent that, it's about the players.

The reality is winning the Super Bowl is always a matter of chance. That's why it's so comical here for posters to talk about "clutch" defenses that gave up game tying drives in Super Bowl 36 and 38. Both TD's were a function of time on the clock.

In the end 07 and 11 were more a function of health than OC's. A healthy Brady and Gronk and all this OC nonsense goes away.

X's and O's aside, Weiss had a knack for calling the right play in the most critical of times.

So if you have no idea how much was the OL and how much was coaches adjusting....then why exactly are you torturing this thread with your multi post "opinion"?

Here's the point:

All coaches can do is put players in position to make plays and be successful.

The plays were there to be made...anyone ever hear of Asante Samuel and Wes Welker?

Absent that, it's about the players.

The reality is winning the Super Bowl is always a matter of chance. That's why it's so comical here for posters to talk about "clutch" defenses that gave up game tying drives in Super Bowl 36 and 38. Both TD's were a function of time on the clock.

In the end 07 and 11 were more a function of health than OC's. A healthy Brady and Gronk and all this OC nonsense goes away.

torturing this thread?........lol

The Welker missed completion wasnt even in the SB i am referring to......and it wasnt a drop......according to the OC of the patriots at the time

The Samuel missed INT has nothing to do with the anemic output of the offense in that game

i agree that a healthy gronk makes the difference in 11

im not sure i agree that brady's ankle was that bad......but we'll never really know anyway

Charlie Rocks.....
From Wikipedia
"
Kansas City Chiefs
Weis was named offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs for 2010. In Weis's first year, the Chiefs improved from a record of 4–12 to 10–6 and returned to the playoffs after winning the AFC West Division. With Weis as offensive coordinator, the Chiefs had the NFL's best rushing attack, averaging an impressive 165 yards per game on the ground. Offensively the Chiefs ranked 9th in total offense, 11th in points per game, 1st in rushing, and 28th in passing. The Chiefs also sent four players on offense (WR Dwayne Bowe, RB Jamaal Charles, QB Matt Cassel and OG Brian Waters) to the Pro Bowl. Cassel, Bowe and Charles made their first ever trip to the Pro Bowl. Weis has also been credited with the improvement of Cassel who had a career year throwing for 27 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions in 14 games."

Unsuccessful head coach....AWESOME OC.
In 2009 prior to Weiss' arrival, the O scored ...294 pts
In 2010, Weiss' only KC year, the O scored .....366 pts
In 2011, Weiss is gone, the O scored ................212 pts

The beauty of any CW offense....he kept the D off balance....a trait I haven't seen in the NE offense for years.

Last edited:
The ship has likely sailed, but I think the comments in this thread are rather disparaging.

If our staff had Crennell and Weis, I'm convince we'd be better off than we are today.

I'm shocked that anyone would disagree with that considering their success here.

The ship has likely sailed, but I think the comments in this thread are rather disparaging.

If our staff had Crennell and Weis, I'm convince we'd be better off than we are today.

I'm shocked that anyone would disagree with that considering their success here.

Why on Earth would you be shocked when McDaniels has proven to be a better OC than Weis was, year after year? That's not a knock on Weis, either, as he's also a quality OC.

Why on Earth would you be shocked when McDaniels has proven to be a better OC than Weis was, year after year? That's not a knock on Weis, either, as he's also a quality OC.
And we won 3 SB's with Weis and 0 with McD. McD had the 07 Pats that went 16-0 and couldn't get it done. I'll take the results Weis got thank you.

One thing I'd say is Weis would bring fire out of Tom have we ever seen Josh Mcdaniels get angry.
Maybe we hire Weis as a coaching assistant just to stick a foot In a ass now and then.

One thing I'd say is Weis would bring fire out of Tom have we ever seen Josh Mcdaniels get angry.
Maybe we hire Weis as a coaching assistant just to stick a foot In a ass now and then.
The Patriots don't need Weis or Crennel, they need better coordinators. There is no excuse for the D to be performing as such and McDaniels is well, McDaniels. Both need to be replaced at the end of the season.

The 3 and out to open tonight's game is the new norm.
Midget Vereen who can't break arm tackles is lead back
Amendola aerating the field was special.
I'll take Weiss in a nano second
Boston.com nailed it this morning....called the Pats "stale".............perfect description. The league knows who they are and the blue print to beat this known quantity is out there. Some can do it.

After last night I really would consider this option.

McDaniels was made by Brady. Weis helped make Brady.

The only negative I can see to adding Weis is it might piss off Josh which could lead to him wanting to leave which, I am really OK with.

How anyone can say this is out of the question after the atrocious play calling last night and for the last few weeks is beyond me. This team has had 4 weeks to look like it has for the last X amount of years and yet they continue to look bad and make very questionable decisions.

Weis with Brady = 3 super bowl rings

McDaniles with Brady = 0 rings. 1 super bowl loss and 3 AFC championship defeats.

World championships determine greatness and McDaniels will never have 1 ring.

Weis with Brady = 3 super bowl rings

McDaniles with Brady = 0 rings. 1 super bowl loss and 3 AFC championship defeats.

World championships determine greatness and McDaniels will never have 1 ring.

And you continue to demonstrate your cluelessness.

The only negative I can see to adding Weis is it might piss off Josh which could lead to him wanting to leave which, I am really OK with.

I will help him pack.

Hilarious coming from you.

Given our respective history, you mocking my knowledge makes me feel better, not worse.

Hey, slick, McDaniels is working with a Gronk who couldn't shake Tamba Hali last night. If you can't figure out what the means for the team, you should take up basketweaving instead of watching football.

Given our respective history, you mocking my knowledge makes me feel better, not worse.

Hey, slick, McDaniels is working with a Gronk who couldn't shake Tamba Hali last night. If you can't figure out what the means for the team, you should take up basketweaving instead of watching football.

If your idiotic claim that McDaniels is better than Wies is true then why didn't McD have counter measures ready for when Gronk was shut down? Or Edelman?

You are a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back