PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something just came to me. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDP111

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The acquisition of Randy Moss seems like karma has come full circle for the Patriots. The acquisition of Randy Moss is the Irving Fryar situation reversed. . . .just FFT.

I'm not following. Could you explain that further?

I'm not following. Could you explain that further?

When the Patriots let Irving Fryar walk away (or did they trade him?), he was considered to be a "problem" with a "bad attitude." He turned into a model citizen and a teriffic WR in Miami. These are sort of the same stigmas attached to Randy Moss' name and reputation; however, Randy Moss is a better player in the grand-scheme of things. . . .I'm just really trying to think of anything other than doing my homework right now! I do think it's an interesting comparison/story-line.

When the Patriots let Irving Fryar walk away (or did they trade him?), he was considered to be a "problem" with a "bad attitude." He turned into a model citizen and a teriffic WR in Miami. These are sort of the same stigmas attached to Randy Moss' name and reputation; however, Randy Moss is a better player in the grand-scheme of things. . . .I'm just really trying to think of anything other than doing my homework right now! I do think it's an interesting comparison/story-line.

To take your analogy further, the Patriots were not the best franchise at the time (like Oakland now) and Miami was considered one of the best (as NE is now).

To me the irony is the trade with San Francisco to free up the pick. The Pats got that pick (#110) in a trade with SF giving up #28 for their #1 next year and the 4th rounder this year.
I recall the last time the Pats traded with SF involving a first rounder. The Pats gave up #16 and the 49ers selected..........Jerry Rice. Hopefully in the next one or two years the Pats will get as much production as the 49ers got out of Rice.........

Last edited:
The acquisition of Randy Moss seems like karma has come full circle for the Patriots. The acquisition of Randy Moss is the Irving Fryar situation reversed. . . .just FFT.
Not sure what FFT is, but I was thinking the exact same thing about Friar. Of course, Moss didn't cut his fingers when slicing vegetables...

Winning makes a lot of difference. I suspect a lot of Moss's petulance will go away when he walks off the field in victory over and over, and even when the Pats lose, he will see a different locker room reaction than he has been seeing in Oakland. When a team loses more games than it wins, there is little angst after each loss, no sense of "how the hell did we lose that game?"

I can't believe I'm becoming a Moss booster :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft