PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something I would like to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Predator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Pats need to gain speed on defense. We have never been known as a quick D that closes in on the ball like a Baltimore. Obviously the age of the LBs effect this greatly, but a fast FS would help on coverage downs. We have the big boys to stop the run (Rodney & TBuck if he returns), but we do need to get a lot younger and quicker.

We've had that with Wilson, he has very good speed for a Safety. Problem is he's been hurt most of the past two years (and his performance has been so-so). As he's a UFA in 12 months I'd be fine with getting a real one - assuming Landry and Nelson are gone, the highest rated FS is Brandon Meriweather and his behavioral issues.

I'd like to see more SIZE at cb. Perhaps a converted WR or someone very tall, very fast, and with great size (for a corner). It seems that almost every team has at least one of those bigger, taller, faster, jump higher kind of WR who just runs down the field and outjumps the db's for the ball. Time to counteract that. BTW, the increased size of these new WR's, imo, is the main reason for the number of injuries among db's league wide this year.

Undoubtedly. Speed at LB and a playmaking DB are my priorities going in.

LB speed. Definitely.

I believe all Pats fans know we need LB/DB with the first 2 picks. Will BB go this way as well?
Please don't take a TE with one of our 2 first round picks!

I want a Safety that Belichick/Pioli evaluate that is a complete player. I'm pretty sure the transition to the NFL is fairly easier for this position than CB. I also think by getting a safety Wilson can move to cb, he already has NFL experience to get the job done as well as he knows the defense.

Not too many cbs drafted have had huge impacts in the NFL their first season. No matter what the round. I still agree we should get one,but I think we should wait until the 2nd or 3rd round.

Safety and LB picks 24 and 28. No particular order,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents