PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What I can see happening

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Last year, I kinda started a thread like this. What can you see happening ? Of course Scottstradamus got ZERO right, but I believe some of you hit stuff right on the nose.

One thing I can see happening, though as crazy as it sounds, the Pats draft a QB for the third year in a row. And the crazy prediction is, I could see the Pats selecting Dorian Thompson-Robinson out of UCLA. They coached him at the Shrine Bowl, and he can do things the other Pats QBs just can’t do. He has a cannon for an arm, can extend plays with his feet, he’s fast and elusive, in fact had 28 career rushing TDs. He is creative in that he can find the open man, even in the run. Only 6’1” 205, but you don’t need to be 6’4” 225 to succeed in the NFL anymore as a QB.

Let’s face it, Belichick may finally come to the realization that, the NFL is a different league now, you need a guy who can keep plays alive and give you a chance throwing AND running.

Second crazy prediction, DTR might not be the only UCLA Bruin the Pats select. I can see them taking a chance on WR Jake Bobo. They also coached him at the Shrine Bowl.

He’s a unique weapon, in that he’s 6’5”, but is an excellent route runner at that size, and an exciting red zone threat. Also has amazing hands. It’ll be interesting to see what he runs at the combine, I’m guessing 4.6, but he’s pretty quick in his cuts while route running. If he runs around 4.5 or under, his name will rise up the draft as it approaches.

What are your guesses or hunches ?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back