PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some speculation/tidbits about Gronkowski's status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Gronk will be a no go for the SB. Doesn't a player need to be symptom free for 7-10 days before he is cleared?

This is where the loss of Edelman could be the difference.
I think it's incredible and unbelievable what the team did this year. I've never heard of a any team, nor a Patriots team, doing anywhere near this well with the number and severity of injuries they've had. Edelman, Hightower, Mitchell, Cannon, Burkhead, Gillesley, van Noy for a while, then Waddles, Ebner, even Bennett if you count that. Frankly, no, I did not think they'd do as well as they did. It's really amazing. The way the injuries kept aiming at the best players made me thing fate itself was against the Patriots this year.

Belichick, Patricia, McDaniels have done a literally brilliant done changing the plans and the schemes, picking up unlikely late in the season guys.

But they barely beat the Jaguars. Without Gronkowski I'm sorry I just don't see it. I mean, without Gronkowski and Edelman - just not realistic against that offense. Sometimes the bear gets you. I do think it was a successful season, another AFC championship. And with just a few fewer injuries, they'd have had a great chance.

I don't have any expertise in head injury whatsoever. But I'd consider this. Gronkowski is a big strong guy. That hit really shook him up. I infer that that was likely a really powerful hit, and the injury, for it to shake up Gronk as much as it did, is probably really severe. So I speculate that there is little chance Gronk will play.

If you want to look at the positive side of this, at least there won't be as much tape on whoever Bill does put out there.

I have a feeling Gronk will be a no go for the SB. Doesn't a player need to be symptom free for 7-10 days before he is cleared?

This is where the loss of Edelman could be the difference.

DarkCloud1989 ... ask Ian to change your name to this.

Concussions are a serious issue. It's certaintly not his fault. Same with the Edelman injury. That said, this team needs to draft a TE of the future & a receiver to replace Edelman.

With what playmakers ? Philly has an elite TE & receiver. Cooks can't get seperation. Hogan has been dreadful.

More trolling.

So, Gronk not practicing on a fake injury report 2 weeks prior to the superbowl is sign he wont play?

This has to he trolling. Call me if gronk isnt practicing next Thursday or Friday

Most reports are he should be good to go in 2 weeks

DarkCloud1989 ... ask Ian to change your name to this.
Did you see his selfie? He needs to have his name changed to Cream Cheese.

Let's get back to Gronk without piling on - this issue is being addressed behind the scenes.

Thanks

Gronk will play it's the fricking Superbowl
Unless he can't hold a pencil without shaking or can't walk a straight line or recite the ABCs he will be out there.

99% chance Gronk plays and this is a really dumb thread at this juncture. If he's not practicing by next Wednesday that would be a concern. All he needs to do is rest and watch game film this week.

Gronk will play it's the fricking Superbowl
Unless he can't hold a pencil without shaking or can't walk a straight line or recite the ABCs he will be out there.
Not his call

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe