PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some speculation/tidbits about Gronkowski's status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a "mild" concussion (along with other injuries) from a helo accident while in the Navy. Took me awhile to recover from that.

My son had a serious concussion in Afghanistan when his MRAP was struck by an IED and rolled a couple times. He spent a couple months in Landstuhl Military Hospital in Germany before being cleared to return to his unit. To this day he still has some short-term memory issues.

Each one is different and everyone responds differently to them.
First of all, thanks to you and your son for your Service! I hope your son's recovery continues.

And, on a (slightly) lighter note, while every concussion is serious and people do respond differently, some are caused by injuries in combat (such as with you and your son) and others are caused when a Middle School student is, against every possible school rule, playing soccer with his friends in the hallway and runs smack dab into a Fire Extinguisher mounted on the wall...sounds funny, I know, but he went down and out for about 30 seconds and wasn't right for two weeks or so.

Now he wants to try out for his HS football team next year...he goes to a true nerd school but throws a good enough spiral (learned from dad) that he might actually get to play QB...trouble is that the O-line does not, shall we say, inspire confidence. It's amazing that this school even has a football team (lets just say that they are "all world" at robotics, chess and debate), so I don't know what to do.

I believe Gronk will play but I also believe the Eagles will head shot him to try and knock him out of the game.

Will add to that I think every Team we play in the upcoming season will resort to that illegal tactic...it's only a 15 yard penalty.:rolleyes:

I have a feeling Gronk will be a no go for the SB. Doesn't a player need to be symptom free for 7-10 days before he is cleared?

This is where the loss of Edelman could be the difference.

I have a feeling Gronk will be a no go for the SB. Doesn't a player need to be symptom free for 7-10 days before he is cleared?

I am counting Gronk out at this point. Sux but we win anyway

is the Sky always falling with you?

That is not the case at all....I give it about a 90% chance gronk plays based on all the information coming out

If he's not cleared, he can't play. Just like a player on season-ending IR can't play or a suspended guy can't play.

Concussions are a serious issue. It's certaintly not his fault. Same with the Edelman injury. That said, this team needs to draft a TE of the future & a receiver to replace Edelman.
I am counting Gronk out at this point. Sux but we win anyway

With what playmakers ? Philly has an elite TE & receiver. Cooks can't get seperation. Hogan has been dreadful.

Concussions are a serious issue. It's certaintly not his fault. Same with the Edelman injury. That said, this team needs to draft a TE of the future & a receiver to replace Edelman.

With what playmakers ? Philly has an elite TE & receiver. Cooks can't get seperation. Hogan has been dreadful.
Atta boy, spread the joy...

Amendola suffered a concussion earlier in the season...missed the next game, returned the following.

Some guy on the vikings was knocked out cold, played this week.

With a 2 week window, chances are pretty good that gronk will play in the superbowl

Cooks had 100 yards of separation and drew 2 long PI calls.

It must be a treat to watch Patriot games with you...

Dont think so, since some of the players taken out with concussion and listed as day-to-day were able to play next week. Think that Sendejo guy from the Vikings was literally knocked out vs the Saints and he was ready for NFCCG.

First of all, thanks to you and your son for your Service! I hope your son's recovery continues.

And, on a (slightly) lighter note, while every concussion is serious and people do respond differently, some are caused by injuries in combat (such as with you and your son) and others are caused when a Middle School student is, against every possible school rule, playing soccer with his friends in the hallway and runs smack dab into a Fire Extinguisher mounted on the wall...sounds funny, I know, but he went down and out for about 30 seconds and wasn't right for two weeks or so.

Now he wants to try out for his HS football team next year...he goes to a true nerd school but throws a good enough spiral (learned from dad) that he might actually get to play QB...trouble is that the O-line does not, shall we say, inspire confidence. It's amazing that this school even has a football team (lets just say that they are "all world" at robotics, chess and debate), so I don't know what to do.
If he wants to play, LET him play. Regardless of the team's success, there are lifelong lessons to be learned by going through the process that I've only seen playing/coaching football. (and I have played and coached other sports).

I don't think I ever had a concussion over the 10 years I played organized football. Hard to believe given how we played back then. I don't know whether to thank Riddell or my hard head for that result. However, I did get a severe concussion after getting hit by a car while on my bicycle when I was around 12. The result of that concussion was semi-annual migraines that have stayed with me to this day. Though over the last 2 decades they happen less often and are a LOT less severe. ;)

I assume he won’t play so I can be happy when he does. I find this to be a successful strategy in life in general.

Word up is that right after the game health guru Alex G wrapped an extra large kielbasa around Gronk's head, an ancient folk remedy.

I'm disappointed in you PWP for distributing this type of misinformation. Would Alex G wrap an actual meat sausage around the head of one of his clients? In fact, he has developed a much more holistic version of this folk remedy:
Tofurkey kielbasa label.jpg

Gronk did not much this past Sunday

I assume he won’t play so I can be happy when he does. I find this to be a successful strategy in life in general.
It is leaning toward him not playing unfortunately.

Dont think so, since some of the players taken out with concussion and listed as day-to-day were able to play next week. Think that Sendejo guy from the Vikings was literally knocked out vs the Saints and he was ready for NFCCG.
Right. Yes, something worse going on in Gronks case.... has to be for his playing in the Super Bowl being in such doubt. I would not be surprised if he is still struggling.

Amendola suffered a concussion earlier in the season...missed the next game, returned the following.

Some guy on the vikings was knocked out cold, played this week.

With a 2 week window, chances are pretty good that gronk will play in the superbowl
Gronk situation must be worse it seems

BB had an epic exchange with the press today.

Bill Belichick has awkward exchange with reporter over Rob Gronkowski's status for Super Bowl LII
Hannable-Ryan_775x425.jpg

RYAN HANNABLE
JANUARY 24, 2018 - 10:09 AM
FOXBORO -- Super Bowl LII is 11 days away and Rob Gronkowski's status is one of the biggest topics surrounding the game.

The tight end left the AFC championship game with a head injury and was ruled out during the second half. It would appear Gronkowski is in the concussion protocol, although the team has not made this official.

At Wednesday's press conference, a reporter asked Bill Belichick about Gronkowski's status for the game and resulted in a pretty good back and forth, which was awkward at times.

Reporter: "Can you give us an update on Rob Gronkowski — has he finished his concussion protocol, and do you expect him to play?"
BB: “Yeah, we will be compliant with the NFL injury report and when that is required we’ll put it on there.”

R: "When is that process completely finished?"
BB: “When is what process is finished?”

R: "The concussion report, the…"
BB: “Whatever the situation is, whatever his status is, we’ll put it on the injury report. We’ll make sure you’re the first one to get it.”

R: "I’m sure you will. Do you expect him to play?"
BB: "We’ll put it right on the injury report and that is what we’re going to do.”

R: "OK."
BB: "Just like everyone else does. Make sure he’s first on the list too, Stacey [James].”

R: "Thank you. I appreciate it."
BB: “We don’t want to hold anyone back here. Get that out there.”

R: "I know you don’t.”
BB: “That’s all we can do.”
Coach knows he is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore