PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some speculation/tidbits about Gronkowski's status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronks playing. I can’t see him missing this game and reports says it likely.

It's that cynicism or trolling?
Neither really.. just passing time honestly. Getting a kick out of people crying to get people banned tho.,,

“This isn’t Russia Danny...,,,, Danny, is this Russia? ... no Danny this isn’t Russia”

I had a "mild" concussion (along with other injuries) from a helo accident while in the Navy. Took me awhile to recover from that.

My son had a serious concussion in Afghanistan when his MRAP was struck by an IED and rolled a couple times. He spent a couple months in Landstuhl Military Hospital in Germany before being cleared to return to his unit. To this day he still has some short-term memory issues.

Each one is different and everyone responds differently to them.

Thank you both for your service.

If he wants to play, LET him play. Regardless of the team's success, there are lifelong lessons to be learned by going through the process that I've only seen playing/coaching football. (and I have played and coached other sports).

I don't think I ever had a concussion over the 10 years I played organized football. Hard to believe given how we played back then. I don't know whether to thank Riddell or my hard head for that result. However, I did get a severe concussion after getting hit by a car while on my bicycle when I was around 12. The result of that concussion was semi-annual migraines that have stayed with me to this day. Though over the last 2 decades they happen less often and are a LOT less severe. ;)
Thanks. My wife and I will have to make the decision over the summer, so I'll probably start an offseason thread seeking advice out here. I think of the board as another family.

The big plus is that it would put my son in a situation where he isn't always the best kid in the room at what he does...which I think he needs for his own growth. He's an extraordinary young man, going to what is arguably the most competitive high school in the country, and can realistically aspire to the best Universities...but he's a little scrawny for football. He's as competitive as hell and, as I said, throws a mean spiral. Scrawny...competitive...mean spiral...I guess that worked out ok for Brady...:)

The downside is that multiple concussions, especially after a serious one, are dangerous.

I have a feeling Gronk will be a no go for the SB. Doesn't a player need to be symptom free for 7-10 days before he is cleared?

This is where the loss of Edelman could be the difference.

Look at when Flacco got KO'd this year in the Dolphins game.

He was back for the next game. I think Gronk should be ok.

Thanks. My wife and I will have to make the decision over the summer, so I'll probably start an offseason thread seeking advice out here. I think of the board as another family.

The big plus is that it would put my son in a situation where he isn't always the best kid in the room at what he does...which I think he needs for his own growth. He's an extraordinary young man, going to what is arguably the most competitive high school in the country, and can realistically aspire to the best Universities...but he's a little scrawny for football. He's as competitive as hell and, as I said, throws a mean spiral. Scrawny...competitive...mean spiral...I guess that worked out ok for Brady...:)

The downside is that multiple concussions, especially after a serious one, are dangerous.

I agree, but many jobs have risk of injury.
I'm am IBEW electrician, who, at times, had 480 volts run thru my heart.

I'm not crying about it. Just stating, many mere mortals suffer injuries everyday.
I'm not discounting the seriousness of Gronks injury.

But if you work in an industry that has risk, and are greatly rewarded because of the risk, it has to be expected. We/they know this.

Let's hope he is ok, and made the right career choice.
I think he did, I think I did.o_O

BTW, I can't afford the yearly gasoline bill for his automobiles. :D

Anyway, I love Gronk, and wish and hope he is well and is out there for the SB

Gronk will play it's the fricking Superbowl
Unless he can't hold a pencil without shaking or can't walk a straight line or recite the ABCs he will be out there.
It’s not Gronk’s — or the Patriots’ — choice to make.

You can't put him in bubble wrap. Christ he's going to get into a car driven by a teenager. Now THAT was something that kept me awake at night when my kids were that age.

But the fact is that on the HS level when kids aren't as big or fast as what we see on Sunday, concussions aren't nearly as common. You can ask your son about the physics of it if you must. ;)

If he is half the kid you say he is, football is a great laboratory for him to test his limits. He'll learn how to fail, and get up afterward. He'll learn to part of a team where everyone is (or at least should) be accountable to his teammate. He'll learn how when everyone is on the same page, the sum really CAN be greater than the individual parts. If he has it in him, he will start to learn how to lead.

I would suggest you get to know the coaches who will be working with your son. If you can develop a level of comfort with them, it will help alleviate a lot of your anxiety.

Think about it. It could be worse. He could have taken up skateboarding. ;)

You can't put him in bubble wrap. Christ he's going to get into a car driven by a teenager. Now THAT was something that kept me awake at night when my kids were that age.

But the fact is that on the HS level when kids aren't as big or fast as what we see on Sunday, concussions aren't nearly as common. You can ask your son about the physics of it if you must. ;)

If he is half the kid you say he is, football is a great laboratory for him to test his limits. He'll learn how to fail, and get up afterward. He'll learn to part of a team where everyone is (or at least should) be accountable to his teammate. He'll learn how when everyone is on the same page, the sum really CAN be greater than the individual parts. If he has it in him, he will start to learn how to lead.

I would suggest you get to know the coaches who will be working with your son. If you can develop a level of comfort with them, it will help alleviate a lot of your anxiety.

Think about it. It could be worse. He could have taken up skateboarding. ;)
Thanks. I hadn't thought about the coach advice. It's really good.

Doesn't a player need to be symptom free for 7-10 days before he is cleared?

How is it that players are cleared, on average, in 5 days, if they have to be symptom-free much longer than that?

maybe this?

flux_capacitor_time_machine_by_cavemanmac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents