PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Law info from WEEI.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope these rumors are true. Ty could be a great player still and would be a big help on D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patjew said:
If Ty comes back (and I hope he does), does that make Tebuckey a highly-paid ST guy who will never play on D except in the case of several injuries?

I think even when the Pats are healthy in the secondary (ah yes, remember that one time) they like to rotate different players in. Getting as many guys in there with game experience will make it easier in the likely event that there are a lot of injuries. Plus if anyone can get Jones to thrive in a system it's BB.

Love to see Law back... I'm not sure how it affects Tebucky. And I don't really care. :D

oldrover said:
Love to see Law back... I'm not sure how it affects Tebucky. And I don't really care. :D
Thanks for the feedback!

zippo59 said:
I think even when the Pats are healthy in the secondary (ah yes, remember that one time) they like to rotate different players in. Getting as many guys in there with game experience will make it easier in the likely event that there are a lot of injuries. Plus if anyone can get Jones to thrive in a system it's BB.
Makes sense to me. Plus I expect 7 or 8 DBs to go down in the first half of the season opener, anyway, if the last 2 seasons are an indication of things to come.

Reverse Jinx, Reverse Jinx!

I really don't think BB even pays that much atteion to the "sources" if ty comes bakc great if not that s ok to we did fine with out (despite injuries) and would be better with him

The degree to which I want Law back is depended on the health of Harrison. If Harrison is questionable at best then I think it would be much more important to get Law so that we could still have a veteran Pro Bowl caliber player in the secondary. If Harrison's return is amuch more assured then I don't think we need Law as badly. If Law came in either situation he would help the team, it's just a question of how much the team actually needs him and how much he would just be whipped cream.

oldrover said:
Why would it affect Tebucky?

SeanBruschi54 said:
Why would it affect Tebucky?
Just because it gives the Pats another DB to deal with and they already have a ton.

Patjew said:
Just because it gives the Pats another DB to deal with and they already have a ton.
I understand that but the fact is it would affect one of the Chad Scott hank Poteat, Spann players at CB before it would affect a safety. Law's coming back to be a starter while Tebucky is vying for ST play.

Patjew said:

Also Law might move to safety, which would push Jones down the depth chart. Regardless I still think Jones would make the team because of his special teams value.

zippo59 said:
Also Law might move to safety, which would push Jones down the depth chart. Regardless I still think Jones would make the team because of his special teams value.
Exactly, though i do think he would play corner for another year or so before heading over to safety.

Until it is official, I would be very leary about a Ty signing. He wants big bucks. This just might be a way to put pressure on KC or Seattle to pony up the money.

Mike
Poweralley.com

PowerAlley.com said:
Until it is official, I would be very leary about a Ty signing. He wants big bucks. This just might be a way to put pressure on KC or Seattle to pony up the money.

Mike
Poweralley.com
But do you honestly believe this team would overpay for a player?

We didnt pay for Adam V and we needed him more than most. Same for Givens etc. This team never overpays. EVER.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I understand that but the fact is it would affect one of the Chad Scott hank Poteat, Spann players at CB before it would affect a safety. Law's coming back to be a starter while Tebucky is vying for ST play.
OK, that's why I asked the question.

SVN said:
with all these rumors floating around i wouldnt be surprised if BB makes a press release that there have been no talks with law just to squash all the media guys :)

I was just kinda' feelin' wishy washy inside

R_T26 said:
Sorry about the new Ty post, but on EEI today, Holley brought up how the Law story is picking up steam, and some writer ( forgot the name, but not a local writer) said that Law wants to come back. Then on the "Big Show", Pete Sheppard said he talked to his sources today, and that the source all but guaranteed Law will be back and it could happen very soon. Burton was also on, and said that the BB/Law meeting consisted of BB telling him how he can retire a Patriot, win some more SB's, and help his chance at the HOF. Burton said it as fact. Just letting you know.
GLAD SOME ONE IN BOSTON IS ON THE SAME PAGE GO PATS SIGN LAW!! WE NEED HIM, THIS WILL REALLY MAKE ADAM PAY FOR GOING TO THE COLTS, AND WE ALL KNOW THE REASON THE COLTS WON LAST YEAR IN FOXBORO BECAUSE OF LAW'S ABSENCE THOSE COLT RECEIVERS WERE WIDE OPEN AGAINST OUR SECONDERY

Patjew said:
If Ty comes back (and I hope he does), does that make Tebuckey a highly-paid ST guy who will never play on D except in the case of several injuries?

Wouldn't mind having a top flight special teams seeing as it IS 1/3 of the game.

Big_Os_Hometown said:
Wouldn't mind having a top flight special teams seeing as it IS 1/3 of the game.
Not to mention than Tebucky isn't making a whole lot more than the vet minimum. $710K + a smallish bonus isn't exactly highly paid by NFL standards.

Big_Os_Hometown said:

Is it just a coincidence that the two areas that killed us in the playoffs were special teams and offense, which have been the heaviest addressed so far this offseason? Hhhmmmm........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes