PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Law info from WEEI.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
He would be our top CB. Let's go. Samuel covers the slot guy, Hobbs/Gay/Warfield compete for the other starting spot and the other two are quality backups.

I disagree there. If Law comes back which I am very confident he will, Samuel has the job opposite of Law all but locked up. Nickel will be a battle between Hobbs, Gay and Warfield.

huskeralk said:
I disagree there. If Law comes back which I am very confident he will, Samuel has the job opposite of Law all but locked up. Nickel will be a battle between Hobbs, Gay and Warfield.
Samuel's better at the short stuff, his deep speed and coverage is questionable (at best). By saying that Samuel would be the nickel guy and, say, Hobbs would be an outside starter I am not saying that Hobbs (or Warfield or Gay) is a better CB than Samuel just that their skills are better outside and Samuel's skills are better inside.

BelichickFan said:
Samuel's better at the short stuff, his deep speed and coverage is questionable (at best). By saying that Samuel would be the nickel guy and, say, Hobbs would be an outside starter I am not saying that Hobbs (or Warfield or Gay) is a better CB than Samuel just that their skills are better outside and Samuel's skills are better inside.

According to the Football Scientist Samuel is one of the best corners in the league at covering deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
zippo59 said:
According to the Football Scientist Samuel is one of the best corners in the league at covering deep.
In 2005 ?

Last edited:
Ty Law signing would have ZERO EFFECT on Tebucky Jones. TJ is HERE to play S/T's, that's why he was brought in.

ok first off, i think if we get Ty back and there are no big injuries this will be the best pats team ever. Second, I honestly think Warfield is better than u guys give him credit for. Everyone on here acts like hes some bum.. He might be. But i think he'll show up and could be a starter by the end of the year. who is to say he wont be? and how do you know? 2 years ago Gay was starting. I dont' see what is so special about hobbs or samuel to rank them ahead of warfield and say that he cannot pass them up.. The impression i get on here is that this is an improbability. I have not read one post saying that Warfield could possibly start. I've read dozens of posts saying we are drafting manny lawson or bobby carpentor tho and how accurate are those? We can say all we want but this wont be proven till we see them play.

Of course, i expect it (and hope) to be Ty and Samuel with hobbs and warfield backing them up.... But the way warfield is being doubted so early is a little weird to me. We'll see how this guy does on a defense with a good line and good linebakcers. He played on a **** defense for a while and i did not think he did that bad. Duane starks was on a superbowl team, came in here, and played like a sack off trash. Nobody should be judged at this point. None of you can say if Eric will thrive or not. You can speculate but you do not know. i think Warfield will be good and everyone will be plensently surprised.

I think Pete Sheppard source is Michael Holley.

Ty coming back would be a welcome addition, if his foot has healed, BB is man enough to let bygones be bygones and move on for what is best for this team. Considering our history of injuries the past couple of years, not sure if you can ever have enough dbacks.

Firstly, with regard to Law, I think all has been mended to a certain point. I remember the second day of camp 04...after the Law "hungry man tour"...and seeing Bill and Ty off to the side talking for abourt 15 minutes. Not really animated, but boy would I have liked to be a fly flitting around and listeing!!!
I think they are OK with things...and Ty's addition would strengthen the team. That is all BB cares about..whether it will help; not just on the field but off. Frankly, after the lack of going for a CB in the draft, I really thought that that meant Ty would be here. No surprise if he isn't signed soon. (CB Andrews is a sleeper and will surprise..)
As to who may start, if Ty is here, it will be Ty and another. I really do not think jis play has sunk that much. If anything, I am sure he has dedicated a lot of time to get back from the injury he had. As to the other corner? That is where there will be a dogfight. And I do NOT think it will be just handed to one of the players. I am not sure Samuel is the guy...or Hobbs for that matter. Warfield has been overlooked..I totally agree. He may be the one, although again it will all play out. Starks was not physical and injured and did not fit in at all. Samuel...one of the best?? I don't see that at all...but certainly, THERE would be Hobbs, Samuel, Gay and Warfield competing for that other starting slot...as well as nickel and dime. I also like Chad Scott as a backup to help with taller receivers..even though he was flagged in Pitts. Do I see it as Ty and a great crew of players around him...(Injuries or no injuries..)

I'll leave the Law angle alone, since I think my opinion is well known.

However, can we please sh!tcan the "Tebucky Jones is coming in to be a demon on STs" angle? Tebucky Jones was a demon on STs from the day he was drafted until the day he left. That was how many years ago? Four or Five?

He has a grand total of ONE special teams tackle in the last two years. Let's not get carried away here. We've had some great cover guys over the last 20 years. Tatupu. Whigham. Tebucky. Izzo. The next great cover guy is going to be a youngster, not a retread.

Tebucky doesn't make the team, with or without Law coming back, unless Rodney is going to be injured long-term, or safeties start dropping like flies in the pre-season.

LAW IN ORDER said:
GLAD SOME ONE IN BOSTON IS ON THE SAME PAGE GO PATS SIGN LAW!! WE NEED HIM, THIS WILL REALLY MAKE ADAM PAY FOR GOING TO THE COLTS, AND WE ALL KNOW THE REASON THE COLTS WON LAST YEAR IN FOXBORO BECAUSE OF LAW'S ABSENCE THOSE COLT RECEIVERS WERE WIDE OPEN AGAINST OUR SECONDERY
Are you on drugs? Did you watch the playoffs in 2004?

spacecrime said:

You know, it's been revealed that Ty has a son in Rhode Island. Does anybody know how old he is, or if he has access to the internet?

dryheat44 said:
You know, it's been revealed that Ty has a son in Rhode Island. Does anybody know how old he is, or if he has access to the internet?
Internet access is available in Albania, Siberia and Lower Slobbovia, last I heard. I thought you were going to say who's the mother or something. :confused:

dryheat44 said:
I've never seen any poster hate Tebucky Jones as much as you have. Its not like having him on the team will hurt anyone or the team.

spacecrime said:
you must be a colts fan enjoy the drugs mr space@#! whatever ! eat my shorts, BART SIMPSON

spacecrime said:
He was a **** and he did call BB a liar. Just because BB may be talking to him doesn't change what he said and did.

Luckily BB never responded so Law was able to come back and play in 2004 without much embarrassment. But even if BB does sign him, and I hope he does not, it does not change how Law behaved when he was trying to force himself out of NE.

Well, he got what he wanted. He got out. Let him stay out.

BB seems to be able to forgive and forget on behalf of the team, why can't you?

SeanBruschi54 said:
I've never seen any poster hate Tebucky Jones as much as you have. Its not like having him on the team will hurt anyone or the team.

I don't hate him, that's ridiculous. I actually know him a little bit from college. He's a nice guy, one of the nicer athletes I've met. I just think his skills have declined to the point that he's not among the best players in camp, and I'd rather keep some other players with some upside still.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Internet access is available in Albania, Siberia and Lower Slobbovia, last I heard. I thought you were going to say who's the mother or something. :confused:

No, I'm just wondering about the identity of the infantile poster we've picked up over the last weeks who "contributes" to only the Ty Law threads.

dryheat44 said:
I just think his skills have declined to the point that he's not among the best players in camp, and I'd rather keep some other players with some upside still.
I'm assuming you mean guys like Mel Mitchell, Sanders, and G Scott?
I'm assuming Sanders and Scott make the team to be the backups behind Harrison and Wilson. So that leaves Mel, tebucky, hawkins, Ventrone to battle for spots.

Garbanza said:
BB seems to be able to forgive and forget on behalf of the team, why can't you?
I would love to forget Ty Law, but people keep bringing up his name and treating unsubstantiated rumor as fact. Maybe BB did "forgive and forget" maybe he didn't, but all you have is a report leaked by Law and the Postons that Law and BB are talking. We went through this last year. "BB has forgiven him. They are talking." I don't recall Law playing in a Pats uniform last year.

They are talking this year same as last year:

<ring>
"Hello, Belichick here."
"Hi Bill, this is Ty Law."
"I told you to stop calling me."
<click>

<ring>
"Hello, Michael Felger speaking."
"Hi, this is Ty Law. Just want to let you know I just got off the phone with Bill Belichick. No contract yet, but we are keeping in contact."
"Cool, thanks for the scoop."

Reports on ESPN radio, Boston Herald, FOX Sports, picked up by every media talking head in the world, that Law and BB are talking to each other.

When BB says they are talking, when a source is credited for the information that they are talking, then it becomes believable. Otherwise, I don't see any difference between this year and last year. Hopefully, like last year, teh Jets will sign him again and he can lead the Jets to another 4-12 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes