PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Law info from WEEI.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
spacecrime said:
I would love to forget Ty Law, but people keep bringing up his name and treating unsubstantiated rumor as fact. Maybe BB did "forgive and forget" maybe he didn't, but all you have is a report leaked by Law and the Postons that Law and BB are talking. We went through this last year. "BB has forgiven him. They are talking." I don't recall Law playing in a Pats uniform last year.

They are talking this year same as last year:

<ring>
"Hello, Belichick here."
"Hi Bill, this is Ty Law."
"I told you to stop calling me."
<click>

<ring>
"Hello, Michael Felger speaking."
"Hi, this is Ty Law. Just want to let you know I just got off the phone with Bill Belichick. No contract yet, but we are keeping in contact."
"Cool, thanks for the scoop."

Reports on ESPN radio, Boston Herald, FOX Sports, picked up by every media talking head in the world, that Law and BB are talking to each other.

When BB says they are talking, when a source is credited for the information that they are talking, then it becomes believable. Otherwise, I don't see any difference between this year and last year. Hopefully, like last year, teh Jets will sign him again and he can lead the Jets to another 4-12 season.

Oh how I wish I could go back to the archives from last season. I had a great scoop on the phone conversations between Law and Belichick that I'd love to reprint.

LAW IN ORDER said:
you must be a colts fan enjoy the drugs mr space@#! whatever ! eat my shorts, BART SIMPSON
When I posted earlier, I was unaware that you were Ty Law's son. Had I known you were so young, I would have been nicer. Your Dad was a great football player, but I just don't think he belongs with the Patriots any more. He wanted out, and got what he wanted. He should be happy. You should be proud of him. But shouldn't you be in school right now?

Today on WEEI Dennis & Callahan show they mentioned Law was looking for a $10,000,000 signing bonus.

I could see the Pats taking on Law for 2 years at an amount not to exceed $3.5 M per year.

BelichickFan said:
In 2005 ?

I'll let you know. I have SF: 2006 on pre-order. :D

I just feel that, next to Starks, Samuel has become the whipping boy of fans and media for the debacle of 2005. The fact that he had a great year in '04 means he's capable of bouncing back in '06.

If there's anyone who's deserving of criticism in 2005, it's Eugene Wilson, who disappeared after RH went down. I don't have access to his 2004 metrics at this minute (I'll post them later), but Joyner didn't give him a good review for 2004. If Ty Law were to return and remain a Patriot until retirement, I would be grooming him for free safety for when Wilson's contract ends.

Last edited:
LAW IN ORDER said:
colts fan what a surprize

Did you just call me a Colts fan? I don't think I could be insulted more! I assure you, I'm no Colts fan. The word Hate comes to mind, actually.

groundgame said:
Today on WEEI Dennis & Callahan show they mentioned Law was looking for a $10,000,000 signing bonus.

I could see the Pats taking on Law for 2 years at an amount not to exceed $3.5 M per year.
AND D&C know that because??? I would never take much of what they say as even close to fact...if it was from Holley..OK..but them?? NO. If that is true?? Well..he is not worth that much at all..$7 for 2?? a BIT closer.

Pats726 said:
AND D&C know that because??? I would never take much of what they say as even close to fact...if it was from Holley..OK..but them?? NO. If that is true?? Well..he is not worth that much at all..$7 for 2?? a BIT closer.

No, the number is accurate. The 10 million comes straight from the Poston's. 10 million up front and 6 million annually. I don't think they actually expect to get that, but that's the starting point for negotiations. Ultimately, I think KC takes him at 6 million up front, 4 million year one, 2 million roster bonus for '07, 6 million year two. Or something similar.

Bring The Law Home For Good And Do It Soon!!!

dryheat44 said:
No, the number is accurate. The 10 million comes straight from the Poston's. 10 million up front and 6 million annually. I don't think they actually expect to get that, but that's the starting point for negotiations. Ultimately, I think KC takes him at 6 million up front, 4 million year one, 2 million roster bonus for '07, 6 million year two. Or something similar.
Does a snowball have a chance in July??? Maybe better than Ty's chances here IF the Poston numbers are close.
I really wonder where the Boston media people who keep saying Ty will be back are getting their info from??? At that price?? NFW!! At a reasonable price?? Maybe...are these media types doing it to help Ty negotiate with another club..pushing the prce up??? I really wonder...and how responsible IS that if that is what is going on??

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
Does a snowball have a chance in July??? Maube better than Ty's chances here IF the Poston numbers are close.
I really wonder where the Boston media people who keep saying Ty will be back are getting their info from??? At that price?? NFW!! At a reasonable price?? Maybe...are these media types doing it to help Ty negotiate with another club..pushing the prce up??? I really wonder...and how responsible IS that if that is what is going on??

Law made his ridiculous contract demands for 10 mil signing bonus etc. at the Pro Bowl, and here we are in May and he is the last high caliber FA that is unsigned. If Law was going to get anywhere close to that money he would already have a team. I have no idea if Law will sign with the Patriots, but I am confident wherever he goes it will be for WAY, WAY less. Also the longer he waits the less money teams are likely to throw at him. I don't think the 3.5 a year mark is that unreasonable.

Last edited:
This could be just an elaborate attempt by the Postons to get more money out of the Chiefs. Law took physicals with the Titans and Pats. He passed the Titans and assuming he passed in Foxboro, that's two teams to verify his health, which in turn alleviates concerns about his recent foot injury.

Law isn't going to Seattle; they drafted Kelly Jennings in the 1st R last month.

Law isn't going to Tennessee; they have to cut McNair just to sign their rookies under the cap.

Therefore, the only logical teams are KC and NE. The Pats have the cap room, but hard feelings aside, aren't going to give Law a crazy contract. The Chiefs are a needy team and the Postons are counting on them reading about how Law "wants to retire a Patriot" in hopes they will step up with more money than the Pats would want to spend.

JMHO :)

Last edited:
I think the ultimate nightmare for a NFL GM is to have Brett Favre, Doug Flutie, Ty Law, and Terrell Owens all be on your team and be FAs or contemplating retirement....and the draft is next week.

The Gr8est said:
I think the ultimate nightmare for a NFL GM is to have Brett Favre, Doug Flutie, Ty Law, and Terrell Owens all be on your team and be FAs or contemplating retirement....and the draft is next week.

No, that's the penultimate nightmare. The ultimate nightmare is having those guys and the draft being LAST week.

Pats726 said:
AND D&C know that because??? I would never take much of what they say as even close to fact...if it was from Holley..OK..but them?? NO......

Callahan cited "Ty Law's agent" as the source of fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put spacecrime. Lots of Law lovers on this board.

Brady-To-Branch said:
I'll let you know. I have SF: 2006 on pre-order. :D

I just feel that, next to Starks, Samuel has become the whipping boy of fans and media for the debacle of 2005. The fact that he had a great year in '04 means he's capable of bouncing back in '06.

If there's anyone who's deserving of criticism in 2005, it's Eugene Wilson, who disappeared after RH went down. I don't have access to his 2004 metrics at this minute (I'll post them later), but Joyner didn't give him a good review for 2004. If Ty Law were to return and remain a Patriot until retirement, I would be grooming him for free safety for when Wilson's contract ends.

Wilson's review from the Football Scientist for 2005...

Wilson's stats were pretty good but they easily could have been much worse. Wilson had 5 deep passes that were missed due to bad throws, and these would have added 174 yards to his totals. The passes were mostly missed due to overthrows, which likely means that Wilson benefited from the good LB level coverage. He is susceptible to pump fakes and play action and would be tested even more if he played on a less talented defense.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player. He just does some low percentage things that could hurt New England at some point.

Brady-To-Branch said:
Well I'm no football scientist ;) but I know that, to my eyes, Hobbs defended the deep ball better than Samuel in 2005. I think Samuel can be a fabulous player but more using short area quickness than pure deep speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back