PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Law info from WEEI.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry about the new Ty post, but on EEI today, Holley brought up how the Law story is picking up steam, and some writer ( forgot the name, but not a local writer) said that Law wants to come back. Then on the "Big Show", Pete Sheppard said he talked to his sources today, and that the source all but guaranteed Law will be back and it could happen very soon. Burton was also on, and said that the BB/Law meeting consisted of BB telling him how he can retire a Patriot, win some more SB's, and help his chance at the HOF. Burton said it as fact. Just letting you know.

This pleases me. Thanks for the update. I hope it's true.

R_T26 said:
Sorry about the new Ty post, but on EEI today, Holley brought up how the Law story is picking up steam, and some writer ( forgot the name, but not a local writer) said that Law wants to come back. Then on the "Big Show", Pete Sheppard said he talked to his sources today, and that the source all but guaranteed Law will be back and it could happen very soon. Burton was also on, and said that the BB/Law meeting consisted of BB telling him how he can retire a Patriot, win some more SB's, and help his chance at the HOF. Burton said it as fact. Just letting you know.

I for one would be really happy to see Ty back.. Great player who could help us out..

He would be our top CB. Let's go. Samuel covers the slot guy, Hobbs/Gay/Warfield compete for the other starting spot and the other two are quality backups.

See for those who said..he was a **** and called BB a liar..why would BB then talk to him in person numerous times? He wouldnt do it if Law just said it like that. He understands what went on..hed like Law back as either a FS or CB. Imagine if a guy like Hobbs can get some coaching from a true veteran like Law whos been successful in the NFL? He can learn so much and become our next shut down corner.

This excites me too, even though I should know not to believe these "sources". How would they know about all this?

But, I would feel good to see everyone of the a-holes who are dissing the Pats offseason shut up if we got him. I was liking Samuel as our starting cornerback towards the end of the season though. Well if we got Law back, Asante would just be on the other side of the field.

Last edited:
I still have to believe it's all about the $$$$$$$$ for Ty. Maybe he's seen the light???

Remix 6 said:
See for those who said..he was a **** and called BB a liar...
He was a **** and he did call BB a liar. Just because BB may be talking to him doesn't change what he said and did.

Luckily BB never responded so Law was able to come back and play in 2004 without much embarrassment. But even if BB does sign him, and I hope he does not, it does not change how Law behaved when he was trying to force himself out of NE.

Well, he got what he wanted. He got out. Let him stay out.

If true this would cap off a great last month or so in Patsland.

with all these rumors floating around i wouldnt be surprised if BB makes a press release that there have been no talks with law just to squash all the media guys :)

Kdo5 said:
But, I would feel good to see everyone of the a-holes who are dissing the Pats offseason shut up if we got him.
Oh, yeah, it means a lot to me that Sean Salisbury will change his mind and think we have improved the team.

I can only hope that these rumors were set in motion by the Postons and Law to try to drive his price above veteran minimum to some unsuspecting team.

Kdo5 said:
I was liking Samuel as our starting cornerback towards the end of the season though. Well if we got Law back, Asante would just be on the other side of the field.
Samuel would likely be in the middle of the field, covering the slot guy, not on the other side of the field.

R_T26 said:

Meat shepherd's sources.

"Unlikely, Looks like yes, Answer unclear Ask later, Can't say now, Prospect good, You can count on it, Don't bet on it, Indications say yes, Positively, Very likely, The stars say no, Cannot foretell now, So it shall be, No, Focus and ask again, Chances aren't good, Absolutely, Consult me later, Yes."

it doesnt but that shows BB isnt thinking as Law as a non patriot type player

BelichickFan said:
He would be our top CB. Let's go. Samuel covers the slot guy, Hobbs/Gay/Warfield compete for the other starting spot and the other two are quality backups.

Aren't you selling Samuel short?

Samuel had a great 2004 season and everyone in that secondary struggled from time to time in 2005. Samuel got jobbed by the refs on that bogus PI call against Denver in the playoffs.

From KC Joyner's Scientific Football: 2005

Asante Samuel

Samuel was injured for much of 2004 but kicked ass when he played. He still ranked 28th in pass attempts because he played the playoff games. He finished 7th in completion percentage, tied for 14th in yards per attempt, tied for 3rd in tight/good coverage percentage, and had no blown coverages or burns against him. He was also one of the best on deep routes, finishing 8th in deep completion percentage despite being targeted deep (tied for 7th most deep pass attempts).

He was the key to the Pats defense in 2005. When Samuel played at CB, the rest of the defense could funnel coverage help elsewhere. If Samuel did all of this despite being banged up, imagine how well he could play when healthy. He's a Pro Bowl candidate in 2005 and I think he has the talent to possibly be the best CB in football. Part of that is due to this system, but make no mistake about it, this guy is good.

Last edited:
Taking Burton and 'EEI as reliable sources of information puts a person in about the same league as Napolean listening to his aides tell him that he could take Russia. Burton's a moron. Either are about as reliable as Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, aka the Iraqi Intelligence Minister. I can just picture it now, in fact...

"No one wishes to talk on the three time Superbowl Champion Patriots, or the NBA playoffs, infidels! The faithful wish to hear more about Manny Ramirez and his lackadasical attitude, much the same as the ones possessed by the minority claiming that they wish to hear less about the Red Sox! Also, Curt Schilling and Josh Beckett are both involved in some interesting stoooorylines, and we shall discuss them, Allah willing, praise be to him and may the infidels wishing to hear about other subjects be roasted in hell."

Richter said:
Taking Burton and 'EEI as reliable sources of information puts a person in about the same league as Napolean listening to his aides tell him that he could take Russia. Burton's a moron. Either are about as reliable as Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, aka the Iraqi Intelligence Minister. I can just picture it now, in fact...

"No one wishes to talk on the three time Superbowl Champion Patriots, or the NBA playoffs, infidels! The faithful wish to hear more about Manny Ramirez and his lackadasical attitude, much the same as the ones possessed by the minority claiming that they wish to hear less about the Red Sox! Also, Curt Schilling and Josh Beckett are both involved in some interesting stoooorylines, and we shall discuss them, Allah willing, praise be to him and may the infidels wishing to hear about other subjects be roasted in hell."

I felt the same way, until meter-parrell predicted the tebuckey jones signing from his sources. also Burton was the only local writer who got a sit down interview with Ty Law after he bad mouth BB. Though these guys can be wind bags on air, your selling them short if you dont think they have connections within all the local franchises.

If this is true, I'll be perfectly happy. If Ty Law wants to come back and play nice within the system, I have no problem with it. He was a great player for us while he was here.

Yeah, he acted like a total jackass, but from a business standpoint, if he just shuts up and plays, then welcome back.

spacecrime said:
Oh, yeah, it means a lot to me that Sean Salisbury will change his mind and think we have improved the team.

I can only hope that these rumors were set in motion by the Postons and Law to try to drive his price above veteran minimum to some unsuspecting team.

I seriously doubt this is the case because it was reported that Law and Belichick were talking to each other directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ty comes back (and I hope he does), does that make Tebuckey a highly-paid ST guy who will never play on D except in the case of several injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes