PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So who's #1 WR, Jackson or Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Jump forward to mid- or late-season.

Who is our #1 receiver? Deion Branch or Chad Jackson?

Brady's favorite receiver continues to be XM satellite radio.

The #1 is the guy that's open. You can only really ask if he's lined up as the X, Y, or Z on a given play. Then after the season you check the yardage and touchdowns and annoint a guy for the sake of fantasy leagues and the press.

These are the Pats.

PFnV

Diet Pepsi Machine will be #1..followed by Branch as our #2 WR and Jackson #3

I still think Branch. Rookie WR take at least a year to adjust, and maybe two to reach their full ability. I just hope that Branch sticks around so we don't have to do this all over again next year.

Mike Vrabel.

zippo59 said:
I still think Branch. Rookie WR take at least a year to adjust, and maybe two to reach their full ability. I just hope that Branch sticks around so we don't have to do this all over again next year.

Most WRs take 3-4 years to develop to full potential, some even longer. The WR position may have the steepest learning curve of any NFL position, QB would be the other one.

The question is who is #1 in 2007.

It will take a while for jackson to get it all together in the NFL. It's going to be a while before Jackson is ready to even threaten Branch.

yes, this question is very premature

just think, it took Deion Branch did not solidify a starting spot until the middle of his second season

JJDChE said:
Most WRs take 3-4 years to develop to full potential, some even longer. The WR position may have the steepest learning curve of any NFL position, .
Longer than 4 years? Why bother drafting at all since by the new rules aren't we limited to a 4 year contract for second round players?

I don't think it took David Givens and Deion Branch longer than 4 years to be productive. David Givens wasn't even here longer than four years!

spacecrime said:
Jump forward to mid- or late-season.

Who is our #1 receiver? Deion Branch or Chad Jackson?

Who cares? They'll have to double-team them both.:D

as per BB's press conf on jackson

Press: Was he as good as Branch in terms of understanding concepts...

BB: Branch came out high..pretty unusual to find players at that level

jczxohn1 said:
Who cares? They'll have to double-team them both.:D
Then Watson is open in the endzone :)

spacecrime said:
Longer than 4 years? Why bother drafting at all since by the new rules aren't we limited to a 4 year contract for second round players?

I don't think it took David Givens and Deion Branch longer than 4 years to be productive. David Givens wasn't even here longer than four years!

Sorry, just the facts of life. WRs take a while to develop. Branch still hasn't reached full potential IMO. Givens as well. It doesn't mean they're not productive, it means they aren't as productive as they are capable of being.

Caldwell may well start ahead of Jackson this year.

They will use Jackson in the redzone alot. If he cant block well, then they can use him on Play action in the redzone only.

PatsFanInVa said:
Brady's favorite receiver continues to be XM satellite radio.

Wrong. It's SIRIUS Satelite Radio, not XM. :)

nfl-podcast.gif

good post........

brdmaverick said:
yes, this question is very premature

just think, it took Deion Branch did not solidify a starting spot until the middle of his second season

very premature..........

JJDChE said:
Sorry, just the facts of life. WRs take a while to develop. Branch still hasn't reached full potential IMO. Givens as well. It doesn't mean they're not productive, it means they aren't as productive as they are capable of being.
Well, certainly players get better every year. They should. When they stop[ getting better they are plateaued and soon start downhill.

What does getting better every year have to do with anything?

The question was, "Jump to mid-season or late-season next year. Who do you see as our No. 1? Branch or Jackson?"

I think Jackson has a higher upside, or ceiling, than Branch, and will eventually taek over No. 1 receiver from him. I jsut wondered how others looked at it.

Most of the resposnes seemed to be that we have no number one, and that just isn't true, and it has nothing to do in my opinion with stats at the end of the year, or who is open on any given play, or who starts, or where they are standing when the ball is snapped.

I'll re-ask the question differently.

let's not forget who's been stepping up with the biggest performances in the biggest games for us for a few years now, before we tell him he's second-fiddle to some kid that's been on the team for fifteen minutes.

How many more epic Super Bowl performances does he need before his own fans appreciate what they have? Is it because he doesn't get the gaudy season totals of the Boldins and so on? We haven't won enough yet for fans to know how irrelevent those 'numbers' can be?

If Jackson becomes half as smart and clutch as Deion Branch, the Pats will have done pretty well with that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft